ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-04-2017, 02:28 PM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,873
Thanks: 278
Thanked 435 Times in 243 Posts
Default

It will happen. Not really sure it would buy anything at this point. Maybe a moral boost to the players.... but this is a lost season, the team is sunk and they know it.

For our sake, dont fuck up the draft spot.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Spike (12-04-2017)
  #42  
Old 12-04-2017, 02:32 PM
FatDT FatDT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,931
Thanks: 234
Thanked 782 Times in 353 Posts
Default

The Giants now get a month-long head start on the HC search. There's one reason to fire Pagano now.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-04-2017, 02:46 PM
JesusChrist's Avatar
JesusChrist JesusChrist is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 734
Thanks: 413
Thanked 565 Times in 296 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
The Giants now get a month-long head start on the HC search. There's one reason to fire Pagano now.
If Luck is able to come back, the Colts job is a far better job than the Giants. Ballard may have someone in mind already anyway. I know they were saying he wanted Taub when he was hired in. If so, I'm sure he has already made it known to that potential coach that he is interested.

They will be fine firing Pagano as soon as the season is over.... as long as they actually do it as soon as the season is over and not wait a month or two.

The Giants also have to go through the process of hiring a GM, so by the time they are done there, it may be about the same time that their new GM starts his coaching search.
__________________
Blessings to thee, Colts fans.

Last edited by JesusChrist; 12-04-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-04-2017, 03:00 PM
1965southpaw's Avatar
1965southpaw 1965southpaw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 821
Thanks: 410
Thanked 639 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
If Luck is able to come back, the Colts job is a far better job than the Giants. Ballard may have someone in mind already anyway. I know they were saying he wanted Taub when he was hired in. If so, I'm sure he has already made it known to that potential coach that he is interested.

They will be fine firing Pagano as soon as the season is over.... as long as they actually do it as soon as the season is over and not wait a month or two.

The Giants also have to go through the process of hiring a GM, so by the time they are done there, it may be about the same time that their new GM starts his coaching search.
By the way, did anyone catch the KC game yesterday? Reid delegated play calling duties to Nagy yesterday and the offense put up 31 points. i didn't see the game and I know they lost but it seems that the offensive side of the ball got a boost.....not sure that means anything re: Nagy's candidacy for head coach but I'm just so tired of our uninspired offensive game plan that I'm intrigued by anyone that can take a middle of the pack QB and give them a game plan that they can execute well.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-04-2017, 03:52 PM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,873
Thanks: 278
Thanked 435 Times in 243 Posts
Default

to continue what JC said above. No team will be hiring a HC until the offseason. Ballard should already have his mind made up on firing pags and should have a short list of HCs to target. I would guess some of these have already been discussed through back channels. Plus, isnt there a date that has to pass before you can interview? Especially teams that are in the playoffs?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Pez Pez is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 896
Thanks: 340
Thanked 214 Times in 125 Posts
Default

Here's the rules... less stringent than I thought...

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/10/1...t-follow-rules

Nothing until the end of the regular season, then they can interview anyone in the playoffs or not with permission. There are also teams that can refuse in the case of a lateral move of for coaches under contract.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-04-2017, 05:06 PM
JesusChrist's Avatar
JesusChrist JesusChrist is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 734
Thanks: 413
Thanked 565 Times in 296 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
to continue what JC said above. No team will be hiring a HC until the offseason. Ballard should already have his mind made up on firing pags and should have a short list of HCs to target. I would guess some of these have already been discussed through back channels. Plus, isnt there a date that has to pass before you can interview? Especially teams that are in the playoffs?
Yep, the biggest issue is the time frame for that head coach filling out his staff with talented assistants, training staff, etc. In that regard, the sooner we get a new HC, the better
__________________
Blessings to thee, Colts fans.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.