ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-31-2018, 04:36 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts fan from BK View Post
Don’t forget about Deon Cain
I look forward to seeing what Cain can offer. But he hasn't played a down yet, is coming off a knee injury, and would essentially be playing his rookie season next year. It may take a little time with him. Fountain should see some progress with a full NFL off-season. I think we make one more draft pick in the first 3 rounds and throw them into the bunch with Innman, Pascal, and Rodgers
Old 12-31-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
One missed call that pissed me off was early in the 4th on that Titans WR screen. Moore read it add could’ve had a pick 6 but the off receiver was shoving him as the ball was in the air. It was pretty egregious especially after all the ticky tack penalties on Glowinski.
Especially when earlier in the game the called a penalty against the Colts on the EXACT SAME PLAY by the exact same WR in that position.

Really this should not have been a close game and the Colts let the Titans stay in it almost the whole game with turnovers and penalties. Some penalties deserved, some were not. The "tripping" call in particular was total BS. He fell down and was rolling over, the guy jump over him vertically.

I thought Mack played great, hard to fault a guy for a 100+ yard rushing game.

Have to tighten things up in the playoffs to go far, though I think just making the playoffs was about as much as we could hope for from this team. They can beat Houston, but once they go up against KC or SD, maybe NE, I can't see the D being good enough. They'd have to win a shootout in those. Which they can do, but Luck won't be able to make any stupid mistakes like that INT last night. NE WR group and Offense is not what it was in year's past. I know they blew out the Colts earlier in the year but that was a Thursday game as well with Walker and Leonard not in the game.

The hit out of bound penalty on the Colts didn't look as bad in replay as in real time. And again, was no more egregious than the hit on Luck out of bound where he slid and easily could have been injured, which was not called.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
nate505 (12-31-2018), VeveJones007 (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 09:03 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Luck will make at least 1 wtf bonehead throw in every game.
TY is a baller.
Odum sucks donkey balls.
Boehm is a decent replacement for Kelly, nothing more.
Kenny Moore has done nothing but continue to get better every week.
I would like to see Wilkins get more carries.
I like Mack a lot. But I'm not sure that he's even at a Joseph Addai level right now.
WR2 has got to be a huge consideration this off season.
Mo-Allie Cox could become a really good all around TE.
Anybody see the play where Costanzo was the extra RT and Mo-Allie Cox was playing LT? At least that's what I think I saw.
The consistent pockets that this OL creates are a thing of beauty.
Reich is a great coach.
Dam may be smarter than all of us, but he sucks at analyzing football.
I saw that same line up with Castonzo flanked by MoAllie as the tackle- and he played it pretty decent really, it was a strange looking play...

Yes, Reich is bad ass- we got so lucky McSuck showed his ass.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:08 AM

Thanked 1,673 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Both of those were awful plays. The other one was him running into the other colts defender in the end zone who was in position to get the INT. He should have been benched for that late hit play alone. That was high level dumbfuckery. Make excuses for the guy if you want, but I don't give a shit if he was drafted or undrafted. If you make stupid plays like that, your ass needs to be on the bench.
Think that was Desir? There's no guarantee Desir makes that catch or more importantly, successfully outfights the receiver for the ball. Odum was in a slightly better position to make the catch and getting in there ensured at least a pass defense
Old 12-31-2018, 09:40 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Hopefully we will see the following with the Texans.

* great Andrew, no bad Andy. Am I wrong or does he make one boneheaded decision at least every game?

* A huge decrease in the lazy penalties that we saw last night.

* they park Hilton in the training room for the week and then roll them out for Saturday because he doesn’t need to practice.

* Kelly back at center.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:43 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Think that was Desir? There's no guarantee Desir makes that catch or more importantly, successfully outfights the receiver for the ball. Odum was in a slightly better position to make the catch and getting in there ensured at least a pass defense
The pass was already defended. All Odum did was ensure the Colts defender had no chance to pick it off.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

The hit out of bound penalty on the Colts didn't look as bad in replay as in real time. And again, was no more egregious than the hit on Luck out of bound where he slid and easily could have been injured, which was not called.
Luck wasn't hit out of bounds. He was pushed as he was headed out of bounds. Odum hit his guy a yard or two out of bounds and gave them the frist down with that stupid play. Do that stupid shit against the Texans and it may cost us the game.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Luck wasn't hit out of bounds. He was pushed as he was headed out of bounds. Odum hit his guy a yard or two out of bounds and gave them the frist down with that stupid play. Do that stupid shit against the Texans and it may cost us the game.
Luck was shoved when he was obviously going out of bounds.

Like I said, Odum's play was not as bad on the replay as it looked in real time. The runner was still in bounds as he was going in for the tackle, then stepped out. He hit him out of bounds, but he was not yet out of bounds when odum started his tackle.

They were similar plays. Odum's was worse, but not by much
Old 12-31-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Luck was shoved when he was obviously going out of bounds.

Like I said, Odum's play was not as bad on the replay as it looked in real time. The runner was still in bounds as he was going in for the tackle, then stepped out. He hit him out of bounds, but he was not yet out of bounds when odum started his tackle.

They were similar plays. Odum's was worse, but not by much
Luck was not out of bounds when he was pushed. That play looked worse because of the surface he slid on once he got out of bounds.

Odum's play was FAR worse.

Here is the angle he took on that tackle. You see that he's angled to go after the tackle clearly way out of bounds:

Here is where he hit Lewis:

WAY out of bounds on that hit

There isi ZERO excuse to take that angle for a tackle when headed to the sideline. You take the angle at the sideline and if you miss him, it's because he went out of bounds, but you don't take a tackling angle that puts you way out of bounds. That's just stupid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (12-31-2018), Indystu2 (01-02-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 11:14 AM

I am not arguing that it was not a penalty or whether he should have done it.

But your pictures suck and don't really prove what you think.

I cut the guys some slack on these things, they happen once in awhile. We get all over them to be aggressive and play through the whistle and then also jump all over them when they make plays like this on the sideline that are closer than what you are saying and what your pictures show. They are trying to make a split second decision on hitting or holding up on someone going out of bounds.

Your picture doesn't show where the ball carrier was when he started the move for the tackle. Still pictures like this are not that valuable, especially from this angle.