ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-08-2023, 09:38 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
You are correct about it weakening the joint, IF IT ISN'T REPAIRED. I am also not an expert in this shit, but I was a practicing physician for 40 years who is friends with orthopedic docs. They tell me that if properly repaired and healed (and here you have a real concern, that AR doesn't heal properly-a distinct if very low possibility. He had the best in the world doing the repair so I am guessing it was done correctly) he shouldn't have to worry about it separating again. If it does, the separation would be the least of his worries-he would have sustained a massive injury-very, very unlikey. The man should be fine, shoulder wise.
Honestly, this makes me feel a lot better about it. Still don't like the selection process, but at least now I'm not as worried about the damaged goods factor. You could've led with, "I talked to orthopedic doctors about it and this is what they said," that made your point a lot stronger.
Old 12-08-2023, 09:42 PM

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,222 Posts

From what I've heard by the talking heads on Sirius, is that surgically repaired shoulders and elbows actually come back stronger than when the player was fully healthy.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-09-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 11:01 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
From what I've heard by the talking heads on Sirius, is that surgically repaired shoulders and elbows actually come back stronger than when the player was fully healthy.
That makes sense to my gorilla brain. If you watch a virtual demonstration of the surgery, they basically drill a hole through the collarbone and the bone beneath it, feed a graft/suture through and anchor it it place.

Essentially, they replace the outside ligaments with sturdier hardware going straight through the bone.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Spike (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Not an NFL player, obviously, but I tore my shit up pretty good when I was a kid. Rotator cuff, Labrum, etc. It took three surgeries over three years but the last one was done by Andrew's group over in Alabama. The same team that put Bree's shoulder back together.

That shoulder is absolutely stronger than my other one. It gets sore but functionally it's superior. Hopefully that is more legit science than "bro"-science, and AR's arm comes back just as strong if not stronger.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (12-09-2023), Racehorse (12-09-2023), Spike (12-09-2023), YDFL Commish (12-10-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 09:34 AM

Thanked 2,665 Times in 1,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
we don't have to pay 7 mil a year or whatever minshew will want to be a backup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
The odds are astronomically high that Ehlinger will never amount to anything at quarterback and 7 million is NOTHING to pay for a top notch backup.

Minshew has never been paid anything close to $7M per year.

Of course, prior to this year, he was still under his rookie contract. Since he was a 6th Round Draft Pick, his 4 year rookie contract rolled up to just under $3M total for his first four years in the league.

Then he signed his present deal which is a 1-year deal with the Colts for $3.5M. (he also has a playing time incentive bonus of $2M that he will now earn with Richardson missing most of the season)

If he signs another 1-year deal, I could see him signing something along the lines of $5.5M or so. Maybe a little less per year if the contract is for 2 years.

So either 1 year, $5.5M. Or 2 years, $10M. (with another incentive bonus)

That base salary should place him in the Top 5 for backup QB contracts or get him really close to that range.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 01-08-2024 at 08:47 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-09-2023), Racehorse (12-09-2023), Spike (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 10:23 AM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post

Of course, prior to this year, he was still under his rookie contract. Since he was a 6th Round Draft Pick, his 4 year rookie contract rolled up to just under $3M total for his first four years in the league.

Then he signed his present deal which is a 1-year deal with the Colts for $3.5M.

If he signs another 1-year deal, I could see him signing something along the lines of $5.5M or so. Maybe a little less per year if the contract is for 2 years.

So either 1 year, $5.5M. Or 2 years, $10M.

That should place him in the Top 5 for backup QB contracts or get him really close to that range.
If we can re-sign him to something like that then we should definitely keep him. He's proven he can play well off the bench and keep the ship afloat for a few games, which we'll probably need to have w/ AR at QB and a good thing to have even if AR can stay healthy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-09-2023), Spike (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 12:39 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
If we can re-sign him to something like that then we should definitely keep him. He's proven he can play well off the bench and keep the ship afloat for a few games, which we'll probably need to have w/ AR at QB and a good thing to have even if AR can stay healthy.
I agree, some of the backups in this league really do suck. Even some of the starters suck.

The Jets and Pats are prime examples.
Racehorse (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 12:53 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

o

Case Keenum is currently sitting on the bench for the Texans ...... his base salary for the 2024 season is $2.75 Million ...... if only the Texans were naive enough to trade him to the Colts this off-season without expecting too much in return.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-09-2023, 01:17 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Thanks you for your service to mankind at-large.

o
he never said he was any good at it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-09-2023), Oldcolt (12-09-2023), Racehorse (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 01:19 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post

Then he signed his present deal which is a 1-year deal with the Colts for $3.5M.

So either 1 year, $5.5M. Or 2 years, $10M.

That should place him in the Top 5 for backup QB contracts or get him really close to that range.
no shit?

i thought backups were making more bank than that.