ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 07-19-2018, 08:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Correlation does not equal causation. Teams with a lead run more and teams behind tend to pass more. Bulk stats used alone are junk.
Its not that hard. Did you watch the colts v jags last year? They could run the ball and they could stop the run and if they had Nick Foles they would have beaten the pats.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:53 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Its not that hard. Did you watch the colts v jags last year? They could run the ball and they could stop the run and if they had Nick Foles they would have beaten the pats.
Have you watched the last 2 SB? Running the ball and stopping the run, was not really in the game plans.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:58 PM

Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,168 Posts

Quote:
You don't seem to be comprehending my point. The stats you are trying to use to prove your point are weak.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:14 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Have you watched the last 2 SB? Running the ball and stopping the run, was not really in the game plans.
And could the pats run the ball into the end zone to win the game? They didnt think so and they lost to the Eagles the same as the Seahawks lost to the pats on a last play pass.

The facons had the pats down 21-3 at half and couldnt put the away because the couldnt run the ball. They had 2, three and out and a 4 and out in the secound half. They ran for under 100 yards.

Last year the top rushing teams averaged 4.5+ and they made the playoffs. The Bills made the playoffs on their running game.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:19 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
You don't seem to be comprehending my point. The stats you are trying to use to prove your point are weak.
Thats your opinion. Ok, i wont use numbers.

The difference between the saints two years ago and last years success was a running game.

Are you going to tell me that the rushing stats for the jags has nothing to do with their season last year? It sure made it easy for bortles, he had his best season with that running game. Oh, and that D they had made it ok to punt.

Last edited by JAFF; 07-19-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:19 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:

The difference between the saints two years ago and last years success was a running game.

Are you going to tell me that the rushing stats for the jags has nothing to do with their season last year? It sure made it easy for bortles, he had his best season with that running game. Oh, and that D they had made it ok to punt.
And they will never be a champion.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:15 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
And they will never be a champion.
Never is a long time.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:

Bulk stats used like you are is a weak crutch. I am not even arguing about the rest of your point, though I think you are placing too much emphasis on the running game and trying to make a complex thing simple. Obviously being able to run and stop the run is not unimportant, no one will argue that. This is a passing league and with the changes coming in the helmet contract rules it is going to become even more so one.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:11 PM
Post whore

And I think you are compicating something simple. A team wants to put a ball game away, they run the ball. Move the sticks, run the clock. Shorten the game? Run the ball.

That has not changed.

The patriot chuck and duck is an extention of their run game, but it tends to go sideways. It takes a load off of the o line. I prefer the Tom Moore play action, down the field in the seams. It works when you can run the ball.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:55 PM

Sigh, I give up. I am not sure if you are really this dense or just doing so intentionally to troll.