ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-10-2023, 08:38 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Steichen called a game to protect AR in a way that wasn’t done for Manning or Luck. I definitely understand why, just context to the stats. Hopefully they start opening it up slowly. Honestly I’d rather see AR throw more picks than I would see him getting hit.
100% agree with that.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:40 PM

Thanked 1,901 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Steichen called a game to protect AR in a way that wasn’t done for Manning or Luck. I definitely understand why, just context to the stats. Hopefully they start opening it up slowly. Honestly I’d rather see AR throw more picks than I would see him getting hit.
Yep, everything was super simple. It was frustrating that they never took a shot downfield though.

I like to think that Steichen is building an offense based on what AR does well and that that stuff will come later.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:42 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Also, I hope the staff has told him- NO TRYING TO KILL the interceptor after any INT's! He absolutely strikes me as the guy that would go after and destroy the guy who stole the ball- which looks great and shows leadership, but minus an AFC Champ or SB he should be instructed to find the sideline as fast as possible after a turnover.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:51 PM

Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

3. Shaq Leonard was invisible. He may as well have not played.
I think you are being too hard on him. He did have a tackle for a loss that contributed to us getting the ball back. He has not played in such a long time, so he will improve as he gets back to game speed and gets his confidence in his body back.
CletusPyle (09-10-2023), dwilli57 (09-11-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I think you are being too hard on him. He did have a tackle for a loss that contributed to us getting the ball back. He has not played in such a long time, so he will improve as he gets back to game speed and gets his confidence in his body back.
Agreed. Main thing was I don’t remember seeing him look as out of place and bad as he did in his short stint last year. Considering the layoff I’m not surprised he didn’t make a huge impact first game back.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 09:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,676 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Yep, everything was super simple. It was frustrating that they never took a shot downfield though.

I like to think that Steichen is building an offense based on what AR does well and that that stuff will come later.
Jags played a 2 deep shell all game taking away the deep ball. He looked for it on some of those longer reads but it was double coverage. He made the right decision not to throw into that. Then they clogged the run lanes and wanted him to throw underneath hoping he would make a mistake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (09-10-2023), rm1369 (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 09:21 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Jags played a 2 deep shell all game taking away the deep ball. He looked for it on some of those longer reads but it was double coverage. He made the right decision not to throw into that. Then they clogged the run lanes and wanted him to throw underneath hoping he would make a mistake.
Yeah, the flip side to the frustration of not being aggressive is that it's good to see patience in a rookie QB. He shouldn't force deep throws into doubles, but he'll need more continuity with his receivers to be able to do more against a shell than 5yd outlet passes.

I heard Zach Hicks talking about the run game... he said the O-line was moving guys, but Steichen's run scheme is way different than Reich's and the guys just aren't used to it yet. So they missed blocks, etc.

Very curious to rewatch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (09-10-2023), Racehorse (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 10:28 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Mo is 7ft and can’t catch a jumpball, get him out of here

Jackson is trash

Got waaayyyy too conservative once they got the lead

The punt return changed the entire game
Old 09-10-2023, 11:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Anthony Richardson showed in Game 1 abilities that Trevor Lawrence first showed today in his third season. Hopefully Anthony can build on that for the rest of the season and Trevor goes back to being unable to read coverages. I know it's only one game, and I definitely want to see more, but I haven't been this excited about the future of the Colts since the end of Andrew Luck's rookie season.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-11-2023), ChaosTheory (09-11-2023), Chromeburn (09-10-2023), Ironshaft (09-11-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 11:44 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,676 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Yeah, the flip side to the frustration of not being aggressive is that it's good to see patience in a rookie QB. He shouldn't force deep throws into doubles, but he'll need more continuity with his receivers to be able to do more against a shell than 5yd outlet passes.

I heard Zach Hicks talking about the run game... he said the O-line was moving guys, but Steichen's run scheme is way different than Reich's and the guys just aren't used to it yet. So they missed blocks, etc.

Very curious to rewatch.
The NFL forces you to work on your weaknesses. He will have to work on his short and intermediate game till defenses are forced to cover it honestly. That will open up the other aspects. The rest of the nfl will just copy what the jags did till he shows he can beat it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (09-11-2023)