ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-10-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
If I want to be critical, I could pick on Luck for retaining one of his classic bad habits, forcing the ball to TY in tight coverage. He was 1/3 to TY. On the last incompletion, Doyle was open running a crossing route to the left. Luck locked on to TY on that sideline throw that never had a chance.
I thought the same. It seems like he often has the bad habit of staring down TY. Don’t see it as much with other receeivers. It’s week 1 of preseason after having missed a lot of time so it’s hard to be critical. Still, they really need someone else to step up and gain Lucks trust. From camp that may be Ebron. Hopefully a WR will step up though.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:19 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

[QUOTE=Puck;74253]He had 2 pretty dumb penalties IIRC

Good thing you didnt watch the end of the game..... it gets REALLY ugly in the 4th qtr.... The center almost gave the game away. 3 bad snaps in a row (fumbles under center) with the last one being launched into the endzone (shotgun) for a seattle TD[/QUOTE

Who was playing C at the time?
Old 08-10-2018, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

[QUOTE=YDFL Commish;74315]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
He had 2 pretty dumb penalties IIRC

Good thing you didnt watch the end of the game..... it gets REALLY ugly in the 4th qtr.... The center almost gave the game away. 3 bad snaps in a row (fumbles under center) with the last one being launched into the endzone (shotgun) for a seattle TD[/QUOTE

Who was playing C at the time?
I think it was Haeg. I may be wrong.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:09 AM

Good start, winning was important for a team that is adapting from scratch. The offensive showed that they can work, they can be versatile and can take advantage of that to hurt. Luck was pretty good, he seemed like a not spent those almost 600 days off the field, the line will help a lot, especially the central part, they were excellent, we need AC back and the right side is still the weak point of the OL, I don’t know what to expect from JMarcus Webb or Howard. Bad news about Cain, he has potential to produce in the season, that keeps leaving open (more than it was) the spot for the second receiver, it seems to me that KJ Brent and rookies Ishmael and Reece Fountaine can put pressure on Grant and Rogers for the position.

On the other hand the D needs to work a lot because together as a team they don’t adapt to the new scheme, and it is obvious, there were only individual flashes. Since his arrival I always liked John Simon a lot and I expected to see how he would handle the new scheme and I think that he had a pretty good game, he is able to adapt and produce in the role the team ask for. Hassan Ridgeway shine in pressure and especially against the running game, several of us expected that Walker was projected as a defensive leader, but the yesterday game made rookie Sky Moore puts in everyone's sight, was very good in coverage and against run. Hooker and Geathers have to come to improve the depth, to be the first preseason game for me was a good one. Let's see what happens on Monday 20th.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:26 AM

[QUOTE=Puck;74328]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

Was #64, Mark Glowinsky, that guy is not a guard? :confuso:
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex44 For This Useful Post:
Puck (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 02:05 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

As I re-watch the game. Somethings pop out to me. Nelson had his hands full and got beat several times in run and pass. Welcome to the NFL Nelson, he was getting the full court press thrown at him. One time he got beat, he recovered enough to ride his guy past Luck, but Luck over reacted and scrambled from the pocket. This is when Wagner tackled him on the first drive. Luck is going to have to get those jitters out, gonna take some time. Also, slide man slide.

You know, Wagner could have really hit Luck on his throwing shoulder if he wanted to. Instead he just wrapped him up and took him to the ground. Classy.

I like Wilkins shake, I like all our RB's. But I think Mack and Wilkens will make a good duo. Mack also impressed me on some of his runs, too bad about the hammy. Kid needs to catch a break.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:44 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

[QUOTE=Puck;74328]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

No, I don't think so. Haeg had a long night. He played LT and center.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Puck (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 09:14 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
As I re-watch the game. Somethings pop out to me. Nelson had his hands full and got beat several times in run and pass. Welcome to the NFL Nelson, he was getting the full court press thrown at him. One time he got beat, he recovered enough to ride his guy past Luck, but Luck over reacted and scrambled from the pocket. This is when Wagner tackled him on the first drive. Luck is going to have to get those jitters out, gonna take some time. Also, slide man slide.

You know, Wagner could have really hit Luck on his throwing shoulder if he wanted to. Instead he just wrapped him up and took him to the ground. Classy.

I like Wilkins shake, I like all our RB's. But I think Mack and Wilkens will make a good duo. Mack also impressed me on some of his runs, too bad about the hammy. Kid needs to catch a break.
Nelson had some welcome to the nfl moments. That is to be expected.

I also like our rbs if Mack gets healthy.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 09:40 AM

Couple thoughts i had were. this is off 1 watch and obviously just the 1st game so things can change.

1) basham sucks. dude just runs himself out of every play. he has a decent get off but cant seem to do anything with it.

2) howard at rt is not better than Good. Why was Webb starting over him to begin with.

3) like a lot of teams, we have very little tackle depth.

4) this team is going to get gashed in the run game. be prepared for free linemen destroying our lbers time and time again.

5) the young lbers are light. moore got straight smoked by a fb. dude flew back at least 3 yards.

6) playing 12 yards off the wr on 1st and 10 hopefully isn't a trend. although i assume it will be. more than once i saw wilson about 12 yards back and immediately backpedal at the snap. going to lead to a lot of 2nd and shorts if we actually do that in a game.

7) in the 2nd year of being the gm, this team has very little talent. it doesn't look good for ballard right now. i get he has a plan and it takes time. just commenting at the moment, it looks bad.

i do plan on watching again with defense specifically in mind. i don't think there is anything on offense i really need to see. i think it is pretty clear as of now what we have.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 12:42 PM

ok i did a rewatch. condensed version of the game on nfl gamepass is pretty awesome. here are some thoughts.

1) i love this play. and we used it a few times with different looks but it is pretty much the same. we pass to a back in the flat. simple. we do this with man d so the lber is already in a tough spot to get there. but we also do a rub with at least 1 wr. not really a rub but just get in the way.

give me a back on a lber 1 on 1 an i generally take the rb. especially when the rb has quickness like mack. who can destroy a lbers angle with his speed.

2) the lbers are terrible in zone. get sucked up in playaction to allow a huge hole. don't drop in the flat. don't cover guy in their zone. a few times we had 2 lbers covering the middle of the field for no reason. like they were standing about 2 yards away from each other. just nonsense.

3) like a lot of people said, Luck didn't seem to have a lot of zip on the ball. he also threw late. Luck has never been a great timing throwing imo. i do believe this is an area where he will get a lot better in the following weeks and months.

4) Luck was throwing out of shotgun a lot. would like to see some under center drop back throws. 3 and 5 step drops and ball is out type thing. but it is preseason. the offense isn't going to be doing everything.

5) as advertised, Nelson finishes. it is pretty fun to watch. to the whistle every play. i love guys like that.

6) no wonder Luck went to TY every play. them other dudes weren't getting close to open. the colts are going to miss moncrief. yeah i said it.

7) manned up on the outside during short to intermediate yardage situation. makes sense and good to see.

8) tj green does absolutely nothing at safety. he is non existent.

9) how is desir our #4 cb?

10) offensive plays looked a little more creative when brissett was in. i imagine to get a look at some of the backup wr's.

11) kj brent looked pretty good to me. could be a nice possession wr option.

12) Clark is easily our best option at backup LT. i have no idea what his issue is. dude lets guys into his body and seemed to lean on dudes but he is agile enough to do the job. i want to see him start at lt next week. doubt we will though.

13) nunes-roches or whatever his name is has some nice get off. he was getting doubled pretty much every play late. ridgeway did a great job of taking advantage of it. he was abusing his man.

14) hines looks like a bad pr.

15) #66 dt was horrible. cut that dude now

16) no de looked worth a shit. basham went against duane brown so i will give him time before writing him off but i wasn't impressed. simon looks like the only hope of being decent unless the two 2nd round rookies can do anything. this will probably be a disaster
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (08-11-2018), Alex44 (08-12-2018), Coltsalr (08-11-2018), FatDT (08-11-2018), JAFF (08-13-2018), Racehorse (08-11-2018)