ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-14-2017, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Sadly, our schedule gets REALLY soft from here on out...

vs Tennessee. They just struggled like hell to beat the Bengals yesterday and they're coming off their Bye. And let's be honest, that game was closer than the 14 point margin indicates. And that was in Tennessee.

@ Jacksonville. Okay, that's a loss. Granted, Jacksonville did need to go to overtime to knock off the Chargers yesterday, but I'll concede we're not going into Jacksonville and win.

@ Buffalo. They remembered they're the Bills and they seem to be in the middle of their usual late season free fall. Again, we're probably not going into hostile territory in the elements and winning, but the Bills just got blown off their own field yesterday, so I'm not sure they're in any position to say they're guaranteed any wins, either.

vs. Broncos. Thursday Night Football, so everything is weird. The Broncos look like a team where they're demoralized after getting smoked by Philly/New England. Granted, our morale isn't great either, but this Broncos team, again, isn't a lock to beat anyone.

@ Baltimore. Probably a loss, though the Ravens are also capable of playing down to their competition.

vs. Houston. We just beat them in their own house. I would guess we'll sadly manage a win here. God, I hope another meaningless Week 17 win isn't enough for Pagano to save his job. Again.

Way, way too many potential wins there. 11 losses might be too much. 6-10 or 7-9 would be my guess.
I only see three more wins: Buffalo, Denver, and Houston; but who knows this season. I don't think we finish no more than 6-10.

Last edited by Voosh; 11-14-2017 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voosh View Post
I only see three more wins: Buffalo, Denver, and Houston; but who knows this season. I don't think we finish no more than 6-10.
We arent beating Denver. Their defense will score 21 on us and will kill Brisset
Old 11-14-2017, 07:49 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

A PIT fan at work yesterday said "close game, sorry about the loss" to me as I was walking out for the day.

I told him I got the best of both worlds. I got to see our defense really play a heck of a 1st half game while watching our struggling offense go hit on some really nice long pass plays and effective running in the first half.

AND, we got the loss which is another step closer to pushing our HC out the door and getting us a stud draft position.

I would love for every one of our remaining games to have us leading at halftime by having played a great 1st half and then losing in the end due to taking the foot off the pedal on defense and having our offense go retard/stupid/mental with a complete lack of innovative play design in the 2nd half. That type of game is squarely on the coaching staff and their lack of ability to adjust at halftime and keep doing what was working.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Indystu2 (11-14-2017), nate505 (11-15-2017), VeveJones007 (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 08:01 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
A PIT fan at work yesterday said "close game, sorry about the loss" to me as I was walking out for the day.

I told him I got the best of both worlds. I got to see our defense really play a heck of a 1st half game while watching our struggling offense go hit on some really nice long pass plays and effective running in the first half.

AND, we got the loss which is another step closer to pushing our HC out the door and getting us a stud draft position.

I would love for every one of our remaining games to have us leading at halftime by having played a great 1st half and then losing in the end due to taking the foot off the pedal on defense and having our offense go retard/stupid/mental with a complete lack of innovative play design in the 2nd half. That type of game is squarely on the coaching staff and their lack of ability to adjust at halftime and keep doing what was working.

Walk Worthy,
No, it is on the players.

-Dam
Old 11-15-2017, 12:04 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

Walk Worthy,
Or could it be teams make adjustments and crank up the intensity

I'm starting to think we're getting jabs from opposing teams defense in the 1st half then in the 2nd they go for the kill
Old 11-15-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Or could it be teams make adjustments and crank up the intensity

I'm starting to think we're getting jabs from opposing teams defense in the 1st half then in the 2nd they go for the kill
Ya think ? Thats what we call " half time adjustments", something that is foreign to the Colts " coaching staff".
Old 11-15-2017, 08:42 AM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
Ya think ? Thats what we call " half time adjustments", something that is foreign to the Colts " coaching staff".
It's not fair that they do those things! It's just not fair- our coaches don't do that to other teams so why should they be allowed to do something so mean? We need Polian back on the competition committee to be an advocate for no halftime adjustments because it's not nice to do that.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:39 AM
testcase448

Quote:
As is talent on the field
Old 11-15-2017, 12:12 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
exactly. those jobs are basically them testing out what is working, what isn't, how the defense is reacting to certain plays and formations, and then once they study it at halftime, they come out and start gashing the defense
Old 11-15-2017, 11:54 PM

Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
And it's well understood that if Sagan, Harbaugh, or Gruden had been open to Jimmys back channels overtures Pags would have been out on his ass. The difference between those years and this year is that Irsay has bought into the notion that this is a longer term fix which will require patience. He's already shown that by bringing Ballard in.
I still won't believe it until I see it. If Irsay wanted to do the right thing, he would have followed the Rams' example and hired someone competent instead of keeping his own version of Jeff Fisher.
Spike (11-16-2017)