ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-24-2021, 02:55 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If you think that, then you haven't watched his tape. You can dock him if you'd like for having all the talent around him, but then you have to explain why every coach also thought he was the best QB at the Senior Bowl and had nothing but positive to say about him.
Pat Kerwin and Jim Miller said that they didn't see anything special in him.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:16 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

First to be clear, I hated Nameth. I lived thru Super Bowl III and actually threw up at the end. Better team lost to what I considered a loudmouth punk. Having said that Nameth transcended what he did on the field. That win in the SB was of historic significance It helped pave the way for the two leagues uniting. I loved kicking his ass in the following years. I still can’t stand the Jets.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (02-25-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 05:26 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

At least Namath represents the Jets with class and respectability in his old age.

o

In 1967, Joe Namath became the first player ever in NFL-AFL history to throw for more than 4,000 yards in a single season (he threw for 4,007 yards that season for the Jets.)

Keep in mind that there were only 14-game schedules as the time, as opposed to the 16-game schedules that have been prevalent since the 1978 season.

Strange, but true......no Jets quarterback has ever had a 4,000-yard season since then......even with the 16-game schedule in its 43rd season, and all of the rule changes that have greatly benefitted quarterbacks and their receivers in the past 15-20 years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...on-passing.htm

11) l Joe Namath lllllllllllllllllllllll, 1967 lllllllllllllll 4,007

12) l Ryan Fitzpatrick lllllllllllllllll 2015 lllllllllllllll 3,905

13) l Ken O'Brien llllllllllllllllllllll,, 1985 lllllllllllllll 3,888

14) l Vinny Testaverde llllllllllll,, 2000 llllllllllll,, 3,732

15) l Ken O'Brien lllllllllllllllllllllllll 1986 llllllllllll.. 3,690

16) l Richard Todd lllllllllll,,,,llllll 1983 lllllllllllllll 3,478

17) l Mark Sanchez lllllllllllllllllllll 2011 lllllllllllllll 3,474

18) l Brett Favre llllllllllllllllllllllllll 2008 lllllllllllllll 3,472

19) l Boomer Esiason lllllllllllllllll 1993 llllllllllllll) 3,421

10) , Joe Namath llllllllllllllllll,,,,, 1966 llllllllllllll, 3,379

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
JAFF (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 06:16 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
First to be clear, I hated Nameth. I lived thru Super Bowl III and actually threw up at the end. Better team lost to what I considered a loudmouth punk. Having said that Nameth transcended what he did on the field. That win in the SB was of historic significance It helped pave the way for the two leagues uniting. I loved kicking his ass in the following years. I still can’t stand the Jets.
Joe Namath threw for 173 touchdowns and threw 220 interceptions. His career quarterback rating was 65.5.

Not hall of fame numbers, extremely overrated. The Colts should have destroyed the Jets. Bubba Smith came out and said there was no way the Jets could beat those Colts and believes the game was fixed.

He said the refs, Rozelle and Carroll Rosenbloom, the owner of the Colts, all were in on the fix and that a big-time gambler won $40 million betting the Jets in London, where the odds were 8,000–1.

Namath does not belong in the Hall of Fame, he wasn't that damn good, hell he wasn't even average.
njcoltfan (02-25-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Yep. Me too.
I don't know how this clown got into the HOF (maybe because of this one game), but he is the only QB in the HOF with many more career INTs than TDs.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:31 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
There is no special in him. He is limited athletically, has a decent arm, not great. At best, IMHO, will be a back up somewhere in the NFL. He really never trailed in any games with Alabama, had a shitload of talented receivers who were always open by a mile. I hear the BS from some of the talking heads such as Todd McShay, Charlie Weis, & Mel Kiper Jr. (fucking idiots in my opinion) saying he might be the next Tom Brady, I call bullshit on that.

Tua was considered a top 3 NFL pick, he isn't worth a shit. Mac Jones is no better than him. Alabama has a lot of great players who do well in the NFL, but not QB's, or fucking Trent Richardson.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:32 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
At least he represents the Jets with class and respectability in his old age.
Somebody has to I guess. I don't hate the man, he's just overrated. He played before I was born anyway.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:19 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
They must only be watching for athletic ability, then, because many of the reads and throws he made were special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
There is no special in him. He is limited athletically, has a decent arm, not great. At best, IMHO, will be a back up somewhere in the NFL. He really never trailed in any games with Alabama, had a shitload of talented receivers who were always open by a mile. I hear the BS from some of the talking heads such as Todd McShay, Charlie Weis, & Mel Kiper Jr. (fucking idiots in my opinion) saying he might be the next Tom Brady, I call bullshit on that.

Tua was considered a top 3 NFL pick, he isn't worth a shit. Mac Jones is no better than him. Alabama has a lot of great players who do well in the NFL, but not QB's, or fucking Trent Richardson.
Jones has enough athleticism to keep a defense honest. He has no elite physical trait, I'll definitely agree with that. Physically, he's average-above average across the board. It's his mental traits that are off the charts good. He reads and manipulates defenses like a multiple year NFL starter, and the anticipation throws he makes are like those of a multiple year NFL starter as well. If he continues to display those traits in the NFL, he'll be a lot more successful than his school pedigree or athletic profile would suggest. Hopefully WFT drafts him.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:13 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Somebody has to I guess. I don't hate the man, he's just overrated. He played before I was born anyway.
I was being sarcastic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 12:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post

I never quite got the Tua love. I just kinda shrugged and said ok everyone must see something I don’t. But he was just a rookie. Mac I think is much more accurate and goes through his progressions very fast. But he is not on the scrambler mode everyone prefers today.

Tags
carson wentz