ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Coach Preference
Josh McDaniels 18 64.29%
Mike Vrabel 2 7.14%
Dave Toub 3 10.71%
Other 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2018, 01:04 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
And who is blaming any and every problem on Pagano?
Everyone here except myself, apballin, and sherck. Because at least when sherck complains about something, he gives evidence to back it up. A great example of this is the Bengals game. In the postgame thread, the first thing everyone jumped on was coaching. It took until page 3 of that thread for someone to finally prominently mention what caused that loss, namely Brissett's Pick 6. Check for yourself if you don't believe me.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/show...t=23789&page=3

Quote:
This board has been complaining about Irsay, Grigson and Pagano for a few years now. But Grigson is gone and problems persisted, so it became "Irsay is too drug addled to run the team" and "Pagano is an idiot". On top of that, there have been plenty of complaints about certain players who are not good enough to be on the team. Hello TJ Green. Hello Trent Richardson. Hello a bunch of OL players over the years.
You are just making things up to support your view that you are right and we are all irrationally blaming problems on Pagano.
The problem I had with everyone's viewpoint here was that any mistake, any problem, any poor execution was on coaching. Go back and look if you don't believe me, I've already provided one example. It was like, outside of the few board favorite whipping boys, most of which you mentioned above, you all thought this was the 2005 Colts roster and results weren't happening. The reality was that the roster was bottom 5 of the league in talent, especially after Hooker, Simon, and Kelly went down. When you have a bottom 5 roster, you get a top 5 draft pick typically.

Quote:
As I said, no one is excusing Irsay and esp Grigson for their errors, which were rather bad. And I don't know who this coach is you are referring to, but I'm not sure it matters.
Zimmer, and it doesn't matter other than that certain people keep insisting that Pagano was "my guy", which is wrong.

Quote:
You may not be a supporter in any obvious way, but your absolute refusal to acknowledge that Pagano is an obvious reason why this team commits some many unforced errors, stupid penalties, and is wholly unprepared for an opponent nor can make any halftime adjustments is irrational. Thus, people are going to call you a Pagano supporter when you deny what is obvious to virtually everyone.
This is the main problem I have. Everyone here seemed to want "something done", but no one wanted to logically evaluate what could be done, seemingly because that would run counter to their argument. For example, if Brissett throws a pick six in a crucial moment that turns a lead into a deficit, what could be done? Bench him? Okay, but then you have Scott Tolzien throwing the ball. If a starter on defense (who likely would be a backup on a good team) commits a "stupid penalty" (a board favorite phrase), are you going to bench him and put his even worse backup out there? As for lack of execution, what do you expect when your roster talent level is bottom 5 in the league? Again, these aren't the 2005 Colts.

The funniest part of all of this, and the part that tells me that what you're saying isn't even remotely the truth, is that there WERE corrective action moves taken by Pagano...and those were bitched about too. Starting Kamar Aiken over Donte Moncreif and making Quincy Wilson a healthy scratch for several games are the two that immediately come to mind that show that it wasn't actually about wanting Pagano to lead and do the things a head coach is supposed to do, it was just about bitching to bitch and wanting Pagano gone because you had all convinced yourselves that he was the problem.

Quote:
You are a dissenter without evidence or reason, which just makes you either a troll or an idiot.
No, I am a dissenter with evidence and reason dissenting against those who display none.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:15 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
If McDaniels is the guy, Dam will not support him, which would show that he is not a Colts fan, but a Pagano fan. Time will tell.
I was a Colts fan long before I knew who Chuck Pagano was, and I will be long after. If they hire McCheater, I will have a hard time supporting that, but that only has to do with me not being a hypocrite. I don't believe that Brady and Belicheat's accomplishments should be legitimized in any way, and given that he's already a proven cheater himself, I couldn't look at anything accomplished in his tenure as legitimate, either, and I'd rather not have that cloud over my favorite franchise or its star QB.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:15 PM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I was a Colts fan long before I knew who Chuck Pagano was, and I will be long after. If they hire McCheater, I will have a hard time supporting that, but that only has to do with me not being a hypocrite. I don't believe that Brady and Belicheat's accomplishments should be legitimized in any way, and given that he's already a proven cheater himself, I couldn't look at anything accomplished in his tenure as legitimate, either, and I'd rather not have that cloud over my favorite franchise or its star QB.
Oh, but you are a hypocrite.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:54 PM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

You're full of shit. There have been entire threads on this board talking about the holes in the roster. There have been entire threads in recent years about Grigson's failures.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:03 PM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Everyone here except myself, apballin, and sherck. Because at least when sherck complains about something, he gives evidence to back it up.
Holy crud, how did I get mixed up with these two guys! How so I get off that train?

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (01-16-2018), Racehorse (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 05:17 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Holy crud, how did I get mixed up with these two guys! How so I get off that train?

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You actually support your arguments. I suppose you could just start spouting nonsense with nothing to back it like everyone else.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:22 PM
Post whore

Quote:
You're full of shit. There have been entire threads on this board talking about the holes in the roster. There have been entire threads in recent years about Grigson's failures.
Okay. That has nothing to do with the argument you made. Look at the postgame threads. I understand that coaches and QBs get outsized portions of blame sand credit, but it was taken to another level here.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:25 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Okay. That has nothing to do with the argument you made. Look at the postgame threads. I understand that coaches and QBs get outsized portions of blame sand credit, but it was taken to another level here.
What to do you think the fans in Pittsburgh are doing right now.

I'm quite sure that they are roasting their coaches at levels that have never, been and will never be done here, and rightfully so.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 05:31 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
You actually support your arguments. I suppose you could just start spouting nonsense with nothing to back it like everyone else.
You lost whatever little credibility you had left when...at the obvious end of your boy Pagano's run... you stated that coaching doesn't matter and offered a table of statisticals to back random chance. The majority of people on this board don't care about your opinion.
Racehorse (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 06:26 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
and that is fine. i understand that sentiment. i can respect it even

but he won't do anything. he is just a head coach. they have very little effect on the game. per your opinion of course. so why does it matter? even if he cheats it won't matter because coaches don't do anything
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2018)