ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Who do you want at 15?
Quinyon Mitchell 6 26.09%
Laiatu Latu 1 4.35%
Jared Verse 1 4.35%
Dallas Turner 2 8.70%
Terrion Arnold 2 8.70%
Brian Thomas Jr. 2 8.70%
Adonai Mitchell 0 0%
Trade Up (Include for whom in a post) 1 4.35%
Trade Down (Include explanation in a post) 5 21.74%
Other (Include explanation in a post) 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2024, 08:48 AM

Thanked 1,204 Times in 530 Posts

I picked trade down because that just fits Ballard's MO.

If the WR class is as deep as everyone is saying, then a trade down to the mid 20s should receive as compesation a pick something like:

IND trades #15 (1050 points) for

GB #25 (720 points) and GB 2nd round #58 (320 points) and GB 5th round #169 (23.8 points)

1050 versus 1063.8 because the trades always slightly favor the team trading down.

Getting that extra top 60-70 player is pretty big when Ballard always preaches that the more swings you take at the plate, the more hits you get.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (04-01-2024), Racehorse (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 09:50 AM

Thanked 1,335 Times in 753 Posts

If Bowers is there then I definitely want us to take him. If he's gone then BT or Mitchell or BTJr. Although I'm sure trading down is the most likely.

Quote:
How I think they will go, pass catcher and corner in the top two rounds.
1. Bowers > Mitchell/BTj > slight trade down for Worthy
2. If pass catcher in 1; Max melton/TJ Tampa
If CB in 1; Malachi Corley
Has Worthy shown he can do more other than go deep? Would hate to see us spend a 1st rounder on a smaller, fast version of Pierce.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:21 PM

Thanked 1,669 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Would you give up next year's 1 for him? Because I'm fairly certain that's what it would take.
Not in a million years. Indiana sports fans are too sentimental, lots of people are losing their minds that Ballard is not making a move to get Harrison Jr.

These same people insisted we had to have a Knight descendant coaching at IU. They wanted Alford for years but that dude clearly sucks. They wanted Woodson, and he's done nothing to show he's any better than anyone hired post-Knight.

These same people will be losing their minds over us not drafting Arch Manning in a few years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Discflinger (04-01-2024), Racehorse (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 03:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
Yes

TBF, I am not being entirely logical.

But for argument's sake, Atlanta traded up for Julio Jones and it proved to be worth the expense.
Holy crap did the Browns botch that trade. Man it must suck to be one of their fans.

Quote:
The Falcons gave up their first-round pick that year along with their second and fourth-round picks in 2011. They gave up their first and fourth-round picks in the 2012 draft as well. With those picks, the Browns selected defensive lineman Phil Taylor, fullback Owen Marecic, and quarterback Brandon Weeden. They packaged on of the picks in 2012 to trade up for Trent Richardson.
Old 04-01-2024, 03:47 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
If Bowers is there then I definitely want us to take him. If he's gone then BT or Mitchell or BTJr. Although I'm sure trading down is the most likely.

Has Worthy shown he can do more other than go deep? Would hate to see us spend a 1st rounder on a smaller, fast version of Pierce.
Yeah Worthy is quite capable. He’s been their #1 receiver since he’s been there and had nearly 1000 yards as a freshman. Freshman production of that kind is a good indicator of future success. Does a good job of hiding his routes and intentions. He attacks the ball in the air using his hands. His speed gives teams fits they are so afraid of it. He gets large cushions that he takes advantage of on come backs, deep curls, digs, outs and slants. He also clears out whole areas as a distraction bc safeties freak out when he is in their area, freeing things underneath for other receivers. But he knows how to use his speed also and can juke guys in short range and goal line situations, also a huge distraction as a potential jet sweep. A couple other things, Ewers is not a good deep ball thrower and he missed him on quite a few would be touchdowns. I know a couple longhorns fans and they told me he would get open a lot but the pass would be short or late allowing the corner to close. Also you may see people talk about him dropping a lot of passes last year, but he had a broken hand which not many know. His catching was much better this year.

He is also a good returner.

But if I’m Steichen I’m looking at potential mismatches and YAC guys. Bowers, Corley, Worthy, BTj, Mitchell. He wants more explosive plays and there are quite a few receivers lost in this draft that have r was on good speed.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 04-01-2024 at 11:44 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-01-2024), IndyNorm (04-02-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 03:57 PM

Thanked 4,408 Times in 2,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Holy crap did the Browns botch that trade. Man it must suck to be one of their fans.
And Grigson bailed them out a little.
Chromeburn (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 04:45 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,649 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Yeah Worthy is quite capable. He’s been their #1 receiver since he’s been there and had nearly 1000 yards as a freshman. Freshman production of that kind is a good indicator of future success. Does a good job of hiding his routes and intentions. He attacks the ball in the air using his hands. His speed gives teams fits they are so afraid of it. He gets large cushions that he takes advantage of on come backs, deep curls, digs, outs and slants. He also clears out whole areas as a distraction bc safeties freak out when he is in their area, freeing things underneath for other receivers. But he knows how to use his speed also and can juke guys in short range and goal line situations, also a huge distraction as a potential jet sweep.

He is also a good returner.

But if I’m Steichen I’m looking at potential mismatches and YAC guys. Bowers, Corley, Worthy, BTj, Mitchell. He wants more explosive plays and there are quite a few receivers lost in this draft that have r was on good speed.
If the top 5 (MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, BTJ, Mitchell) are gone after a trade down, my next guy would be Legette. Corley is more of a trade down in Round 2 guy IMO.
Old 04-01-2024, 05:08 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Arnold, but most decisions here aren't going to bother me. I'm fine if the Colts trade back a bit, or trade up a bit for a guy like Bowers or Nabors or whoever.

Also don't care that much if they draft Mitchell over Arnold. Any good CB would be huge though, and if they stay at #15 I hope they get one of them.
TheMugwump (04-08-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 06:31 PM
Post whore

Quote:
If the top 5 (MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, BTJ, Mitchell) are gone after a trade down, my next guy would be Legette. Corley is more of a trade down in Round 2 guy IMO.
I see Corley and Legette as round two. Corley has a lot to learn as a receiver still. He’s compared to Deebo but Deebo was much more refined as a receiver. But he is a weapon in the open field.legettes lack of production worries me late two imo. I’m not a huge fan of Mitchell, think he should have produced more, and he was hurt the first two years at Georgia. I think Worthy has jumped Mitchell and is top 20 now.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 04-01-2024 at 11:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 07:04 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
You don’t like Worthy at all?