ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-29-2019, 08:10 AM

Default Expectations for season, decade

Since we are in the long lull of the offseason, and I have a rare lull at work as well......

I think we all agree this team is on the upswing again finally and is poised to be a force in the NFL for the next 10 years assuming Ballard and Reich continue to perform as well as they have so far. And Luck stays healthy.

The question then is : What would you call a successful season this year? ANd what would be successful for the next 10 years?

Open ended question, can answer however you'd like.

Personally I think for the season, I am looking to make at least the AFC championship game, most likely vs. the fucking Pats again or the Chiefs. Still not sure the D has the pass rush to beat a QB like Brady or Mahomes, so I won't say winning that game, but at least making it that far would be a success. And winning the division along the way

For the next decade, at least two SB wins. Really would like more, of course, but asking for more than two of any team seems greedy. And they should be consistently winning the division as well for the next decade.

Luck I would like to see win at least two MVPs, but that is not as important to me. We have all seen Manning win MVP multiple times, its nice but the team success is what we need now.

Also on a slight tangent, would like to see Edge in the HOF and since he has waited this long, would be nice if he and Manning went in together in a few years.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:12 AM

Also this is not what do you THINK they will do next season or the next decade. It is what do they need to do for you to be satisfied with the results as a fan?
Old 05-29-2019, 08:53 PM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Also this is not what do you THINK they will do next season or the next decade. It is what do they need to do for you to be satisfied with the results as a fan?
Beat the Cheats more consistently than during the Manning years.

Win the division every year and get HFA in playoffs at least half the time.

No major injuries to set the team back and all this should become reality.

As for this season, I think 11 wins and the division crown is a good start, but I would not be happy to see us win just the WC round.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:13 PM

Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,475 Posts

I really think 12 wins, a bye, and going to at least the AFC Championship game is within reach this year.

I hate it when I have expectations this high.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Make the playoffs, get one home game
Old 05-30-2019, 06:40 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Odd, I dont think of it this way. I became a colts fan for the irrational reason that they moved to my state. The dowhower years the jeff George years, the Trudeau years... became a bigger fan every year. Football is about hope and anticipation those are the primary emotions for me. Beating the Texans with curtis painter, and nearly beating the Steelers the same year. Sure, I'd love for these achievements to have been in the afccg, or sb. But the primary driving emotions for me are still there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Colt Classic (06-01-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Odd, I dont think of it this way. I became a colts fan for the irrational reason that they moved to my state. The dowhower years the jeff George years, the Trudeau years... became a bigger fan every year. Football is about hope and anticipation those are the primary emotions for me. Beating the Texans with curtis painter, and nearly beating the Steelers the same year. Sure, I'd love for these achievements to have been in the afccg, or sb. But the primary driving emotions for me are still there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
So you are just happy to have a team to root for and enjoy whatever comes your way as a result?

Nothing wrong with that, like I said you can answer however you'd like. But I would think most have at least some expectations for success.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:10 PM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
So you are just happy to have a team to root for and enjoy whatever comes your way as a result?

Nothing wrong with that, like I said you can answer however you'd like. But I would think most have at least some expectations for success.
I get what he's saying and that is not it. He wants them to do well, but his life doesn't get better or worse based on how well the team performs. He just revels in every victory despite how the team record is because, at the end of the day, sports is a "what have you done fr me lately" sort of entity.
Pez (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,135 Times in 643 Posts

Super bowl champs this year and the next 9!!!!

Honestly my expectations are making playoffs and hopefully home field advantage. As long as they get in I’m happy because the momentum can carry you from there. I just hope Browns and patriots get all the attention but I’m still worried about the Steelers something tells me they are sitting back laughing going into this season
Old 05-30-2019, 06:26 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Playoff 2 seed this year. And I want to see a tough team. Especially on defense. I don’t expect it though. I fear we are too light up front

I expect us and kc to be the teams to beat for the next 7 years or so.