ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2018, 07:35 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,023 Posts
Default Draft Day Review

What do you guys think? Hate it? Love it? Meh?

The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Puck (04-29-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 07:45 PM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

11 players would be greater than 20% of the final roster. Good chance to remake the team. I just hope 8 of them pan out.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:54 PM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

I guess the only pick, that I don't get is Matthew Adams...and that may be because I just haven't studied him.

The fact that we also ignored CB also concerns me.

I love the fact that no matter who starts, I believe we can be as strong as anybody in the NFL in the interior OL.

For me Darius Leonard is a WILL in this system, and could be a damn fine one one at that.

I think Hynes is why we didn't pursue Dion Lewis harder. This kid has a chance to be much more explosive than Dion Lewis.

I get why we traded Henry Anderson. Tyquan Lewis is a much better fit in the Raheem Brock role.

Deon Cain was an absolute fucking steal!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (04-28-2018), Racehorse (04-28-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 07:55 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

not really what i had imagined at the top.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Chris Ballard confirms the #Colts received offers for Andrew Luck at the trading deadline last year. Never considered a deal.

“I don’t want that on my resume.”

Chromeburn (04-28-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 08:26 PM

Thanked 2,239 Times in 1,170 Posts

I am sort of perplexed. The main positive take I have at the very least we should have 2 very good Guards. The rest have a lot of question marks. I am concerned we have a GM and Staff so pegged into the exact kind of players they want they are not willing to adapt to other talents. Ballard seems to be huge on measurables and not so much College production, hopefully, he and his staff have a great eye.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
FatDT (04-29-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 08:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,023 Posts

Well I have figured out that I have no idea who Ballard will pick in these drafts.

I didn't want Nelson, but I can't argue with the strategy of protecting Luck as first priority. And it literally took the best lineman Charlie Casserly has seen in the last 20 years to make me ok with it. After seeing so many linemen go in the first two rounds, you can tell the league is desperate for oline. Maybe this new minor league will help develop oline, because it is obviously not happening in the league.

I'm ok with Leonard and Smith. Smith is a nasty OG who can play a couple different positions. I figured Leonard would go around mid second. After the first 4 LB's the depth fell off a cliff.

The biggest thing I did not like about this draft was Turay and Lewis. Ballard likes his athletic freaks for pass rushers and he will take that over a lesser athlete with better production. I don't necessarily agree. But Turay is a really freak athlete, he will need a lot of coaching to get there though. The guy just doesn't understand football all that well yet.

Lewis wasn't my first choice, but he is a good run defender and he can move inside. I liked a few other guys better and I think we would have drafted them, but it seems they were injured and why they fell. Both these guys are hard workers so hopefully they develop. I would have invested in one of the corners b/c you knew a CB run was going to happen and it started right after the Turay pick.

As for day 3, I like all the picks. Hines will be split out into the slot a lot I bet. He should be very dangerous in the open field.

Wilkins will be a nice back to pair with Mack. I saw the Forte comparisons and they are right on. Give him some holes and he should be a very good back.

Fountain will need some development but he has good get off the line. Reich likes his guys to explode off the line and that first ten yards is very important.

Deon Cain was a value grab, he probably should not have been there. I think he will out perform his draft position. As long as he doesn't screw up off the field, I like the pick.

Adams and Franklin were an attempt to bring in some speed to LB and some guys that can hit. They will be on ST and if they get some playing time, even better.

As for the Anderson trade, yeah it sucks, I liked him. But he just doesn't fit the scheme. I think they figured that out during the mini-camp.

One more thing, did we draft out MIKE in last years draft? Anthony Walker?

So the biggest thing is all these guys are good athletes and we got a lot more athletic with this draft. Below is the RAS for our picks.

Not one guy is below 5.00, three of them are above 7.00, and five are above 9.0. Clearly Ballard and Reich place a premium on athleticism, and this is why he wanted a staff that can teach.

And I am disappointed we didn't bring back the monkey to make picks, just to see Mayock lose his shit.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 04-28-2018 at 08:36 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Chaka (04-28-2018), Indiana V2 (04-28-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 08:36 PM
TROLL

Hynes is a bad pick. Colts had a bad draft day today, but it doesn't matter. They got the picks right that mattered. This is a multi-year rebuild anyway.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:38 PM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

I agree with whoever said in the other thread that Pagano created a soft team, and Ballard is trying to create a culture shift
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (04-28-2018), Racehorse (04-28-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 08:40 PM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
One more thing, did we draft out MIKE in last years draft? Anthony Walker?
I thin k MIKE will be decided between Walker, Adams and Franklin.