ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-04-2017, 02:28 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

It will happen. Not really sure it would buy anything at this point. Maybe a moral boost to the players.... but this is a lost season, the team is sunk and they know it.

For our sake, dont fuck up the draft spot.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Spike (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 02:32 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

The Giants now get a month-long head start on the HC search. There's one reason to fire Pagano now.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:46 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
The Giants now get a month-long head start on the HC search. There's one reason to fire Pagano now.
If Luck is able to come back, the Colts job is a far better job than the Giants. Ballard may have someone in mind already anyway. I know they were saying he wanted Taub when he was hired in. If so, I'm sure he has already made it known to that potential coach that he is interested.

They will be fine firing Pagano as soon as the season is over.... as long as they actually do it as soon as the season is over and not wait a month or two.

The Giants also have to go through the process of hiring a GM, so by the time they are done there, it may be about the same time that their new GM starts his coaching search.

Last edited by Maniac; 12-04-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
If Luck is able to come back, the Colts job is a far better job than the Giants. Ballard may have someone in mind already anyway. I know they were saying he wanted Taub when he was hired in. If so, I'm sure he has already made it known to that potential coach that he is interested.

They will be fine firing Pagano as soon as the season is over.... as long as they actually do it as soon as the season is over and not wait a month or two.

The Giants also have to go through the process of hiring a GM, so by the time they are done there, it may be about the same time that their new GM starts his coaching search.
By the way, did anyone catch the KC game yesterday? Reid delegated play calling duties to Nagy yesterday and the offense put up 31 points. i didn't see the game and I know they lost but it seems that the offensive side of the ball got a boost.....not sure that means anything re: Nagy's candidacy for head coach but I'm just so tired of our uninspired offensive game plan that I'm intrigued by anyone that can take a middle of the pack QB and give them a game plan that they can execute well.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:52 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

to continue what JC said above. No team will be hiring a HC until the offseason. Ballard should already have his mind made up on firing pags and should have a short list of HCs to target. I would guess some of these have already been discussed through back channels. Plus, isnt there a date that has to pass before you can interview? Especially teams that are in the playoffs?
Old 12-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Accidental Administrator

Here's the rules... less stringent than I thought...

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/10/1...t-follow-rules

Nothing until the end of the regular season, then they can interview anyone in the playoffs or not with permission. There are also teams that can refuse in the case of a lateral move of for coaches under contract.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:06 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
to continue what JC said above. No team will be hiring a HC until the offseason. Ballard should already have his mind made up on firing pags and should have a short list of HCs to target. I would guess some of these have already been discussed through back channels. Plus, isnt there a date that has to pass before you can interview? Especially teams that are in the playoffs?
Yep, the biggest issue is the time frame for that head coach filling out his staff with talented assistants, training staff, etc. In that regard, the sooner we get a new HC, the better