ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-03-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneVoice View Post
I would add a comment abt Quincy Wilson to this list, just the fact that he was a complete non-factor / seems to me his position on the depth chart was well-deserved, something we weren't sure abt before today.
Surely you can't have expected huge things from a rookie who hasn't played since week 2?
Old 12-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
Surely you can't have expected huge things from a rookie who hasn't played since week 2?

I agree with this but the amount of bitching that he wasn't playing was getting pretty tiring.

He wouldn't have played again today if Melvin were healthy. And we would have had a better secondary with Melvin.

Not sure what his maturity issues are that they talk about but If his 'maturity' issues are that he just doesn't want to play special teams. Then he needs to sit he hasn't earned anything yet.

I don't know what the behind the scenes reasons are but obviously he isn't working very hard to correct those issues or he would be on the field and at least playing ST's. Can only dress so many and the back ups need to play STs
Old 12-03-2017, 09:14 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I agree with this but the amount of bitching that he wasn't playing was getting pretty tiring.

He wouldn't have played again today if Melvin were healthy. And we would have had a better secondary with Melvin.

Not sure what his maturity issues are that they talk about but If his 'maturity' issues are that he just doesn't want to play special teams. Then he needs to sit he hasn't earned anything yet.

I don't know what the behind the scenes reasons are but obviously he isn't working very hard to correct those issues or he would be on the field and at least playing ST's. Can only dress so many and the back ups need to play STs
It is pagano

There may not be any maturity issues at all.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:22 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:

It could also be that he's fed up with how the coaching staff has been treating him and his play/effort is reflecting that.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneVoice View Post
I would add a comment abt Quincy Wilson to this list, just the fact that he was a complete non-factor / seems to me his position on the depth chart was well-deserved, something we weren't sure abt before today.
I mean, how many times did he get thrown on today?

For a rusty rookie, you would’ve thought they’d have been picking on him. That didn’t happen, if anything, I’m impressed.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
I mean, how many times did he get thrown on today?

For a rusty rookie, you would’ve thought they’d have been picking on him. That didn’t happen, if anything, I’m impressed.
Not sure how he would be rusty. He practices every day.

He was thrown on 3-4 times. Got beat pretty bad twice.

I am rooting for him. He is big and looks the part. Just hope he gets through whatever is keeping him off the field...

No matter what the issue is or who it is with. If he wants to see the field he is going to have to give into those in charge no matter how faked up they are.
Find a way to stay on the field and let his play keep him there
Old 12-03-2017, 09:47 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:

I am rooting for him. He is big and looks the part. Just hope he gets through whatever is keeping him off the field...

No matter what the issue is or who it is with. If he wants to see the field he is going to have to give into those in charge no matter how faked up they are.
Game speed
Old 12-03-2017, 09:55 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
2. This is the most bored I have ever been watching the Colts, and I'm a football nerd. They're not just bad, they're boring. They have no guts. They go 3-and-out, punt, then allow a long drive. There just isn't anything to get excited about around this team, and that has to terrify Irsay and Ballard. How many plays actually interested you today? Maybe a Mack run, Hilton TD and Basham sack? Maybe 3 or 4?
Yea, there's one thing: I enjoy watching this D line stuff running backs for a short gain, and they did that a bunch today with Fournette.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:57 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

My thing with Wilson is: what do you gain playing Kenny Moore above him?

It doesn't really matter if Wilson is good or bad. He's a second-round pick. The season is lost, so you gotta blood him. Learn something now so you don't enter 2018 with the exact same damn question mark.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (12-03-2017), omahacolt (12-03-2017), rcubed (12-04-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:

He hasn’t practiced every day (he’s had injuries), he’d been benched to the third team, so God only knows how many reps he’s gotten and who he goes up against in practice and dovetailing off of that, as Racehorse mentioned, there’s game speed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-03-2017)