ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-11-2021, 11:38 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Bills released WR John Brown.... Love to add him!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (03-11-2021), Spike (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 11:53 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Bills released WR John Brown.... Love to add him!
Zak Keefer
@zkeefer
On @SiriusXMNFL, F.A. WR John Brown lists Steelers/Colts as 2 potential suitors. On Indy: "The way they use TY Hilton ... when we played those guys in the playoffs I walked off and I’m like, this team, they’re up and coming, they’re going to be a problem in the next few years."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-11-2021), Spike (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 01:27 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

This year especially Ballards patience could really pay off. Painful cuts are having to be made. Price for free agents will be reset much lower because of cap. There may be several guys willing to play on a one year contract with hopes that next year there will be a lot more money to throw around. There are so many ways we could go it will be interesting how Ballard handles this.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,607 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
If they do that I can see Lawson or Okwara. If we sign another I bet it’s resigning Muhammad. But I think Lawson would fit us really well. I hope we target him.

The options at OT will be good at 21. If Darrisaw and Slater are gone, I can see Radunz. I think he is the 4th best tackle. We could also use a 3-tech and Levi Onwuzurike is an option somewhere in there.

What I think they will really do is try to trade down and get back those picks they traded for Wentz, and then address OT, DL, and WR/TE in some way. Ballard won't pay A money for B talent in FA.
3-Tech? The Colts have the #2 3T in the NFL in Buckner. Certainly wouldn't take 3T in round 1, even if Barmore is there. For me, the debate is between DE and OT, and if Ojulari is there, IMO you take him because there's nothing comparable in this draft. You could get 80% of Darrisaw or Slater in Round 2 drafting Eichenberg or Radunz. It's the same reason I wouldn't take a WR before round 3, the class is so deep. Now, if Ojulari isn't there, definitely draft a OT, or possibly trade down if Darrisaw or Slater aren't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
The Chiefs just cut both of their offensive tackles.
Or let's just sign Eric Fisher and have the best OL in the NFL for the next 5 years.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:19 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

Or let's just sign Eric Fisher and have the best OL in the NFL for the next 5 years.

Doesnt he only have one leg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2021, 01:17 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Doesnt he only have one leg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No? He tore his Achilles in the AFCCG, but he should be able to recover from that to start the 2021 season. He's started 113 of a possible 128 career regular season games, is a former #1 overall pick, and has been a Pro Bowler two of the last three seasons.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:31 AM
Post whore

Wow, the LT FA market got a lot deeper with the releases of Fisher and Reiff. Potential starting caliber LTs available in FA:

Trent Williams
Eric Fisher
Riley Reiff
Alejandro Villanueva
Russell Okung

The sign a vet and draft a rookie in round 2 of a deep OT class strategy is looking better and better.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:14 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
3-Tech? The Colts have the #2 3T in the NFL in Buckner. Certainly wouldn't take 3T in round 1, even if Barmore is there. For me, the debate is between DE and OT, and if Ojulari is there, IMO you take him because there's nothing comparable in this draft. You could get 80% of Darrisaw or Slater in Round 2 drafting Eichenberg or Radunz. It's the same reason I wouldn't take a WR before round 3, the class is so deep. Now, if Ojulari isn't there, definitely draft a OT, or possibly trade down if Darrisaw or Slater aren't there.

We do a rotation, we need to replace Autry’s snaps with someone versatile and spell Buckner at times while also replacing Stewart on third downs in a pass rush package. Autry had the second highest number of snaps on the defensive line. A FA DE would eat some of those snaps. But still need someone else on the interior at times to pair with Buckner besides Stewart. One injury and we have a huge hole on the interior.

I don’t know if they are looking at Ojulari. He is pretty light, I could see a later round pick on an Elerson Smith or Payton Turner. I think they go DE in FA.

I wouldn’t mind Fisher, assuming he recovers. But I don’t know if they can afford anything but a rookie contract at LT. Kelly is the highest paid center in the league. Smith is about to get a good payday. Nelson is about to be the highest paid guard in the league. That rookie contract is about to be very valuable.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:06 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
We do a rotation, we need to replace Autry’s snaps with someone versatile and spell Buckner at times while also replacing Stewart on third downs in a pass rush package. Autry had the second highest number of snaps on the defensive line. A FA DE would eat some of those snaps. But still need someone else on the interior at times to pair with Buckner besides Stewart. One injury and we have a huge hole on the interior.

I don’t know if they are looking at Ojulari. He is pretty light, I could see a later round pick on an Elerson Smith or Payton Turner. I think they go DE in FA.

I wouldn’t mind Fisher, assuming he recovers. But I don’t know if they can afford anything but a rookie contract at LT. Kelly is the highest paid center in the league. Smith is about to get a good payday. Nelson is about to be the highest paid guard in the league. That rookie contract is about to be very valuable.
I think bringing Autry back is a strong possibility. I could see the Colts doing that and still pursuing edge rushers in this deep free agent class for edge rushers. Lawson and Okwara are the top two guys most people have never heard of (I'd put Kerry Hyder in this category to a lesser extent as well), and both have the potential to be good edge rushers, but if the Colts are willing to open the wallet a bit, there are guys like Shaq Barrett, Bud Dupree, and Yannick Ngakoue available as well. Ballard seems to have a focus position every offseason, and it seems like DE is likely to be that position this offseason. I think Ballard will get what he believes the team needs in terms of edge rush through free agency. I also think he'll address LT there at least to the point that he can feel comfortable using the 21st pick on BPA. To me, Ojulari is BPA if he's on the board at 21, and there's very little question about that. His first NFL season will be his age 21 season, and to go along with his excellent physical traits, he already has several developed pass rush moves and countermoves, and he bends the edge like an elite pass rusher. He's listed at 6'3" 240-245, and if that's anywhere near accurate, that could easily become 6'3" 250-260 with NFL strength and conditioning without losing any athleticism, which is right around Justin Houston's playing weight. As far as paying a free agent LT, beyond the top few players, I think we are going to see a lot of 1 year prove it deals signed by very good players this year due to cap constraints. Given Fisher's injury and the current market, he could be relatively cheap for a starting LT of his caliber, and may want the security of a longer deal, even if it's not top of market. This team was already planning on spending $16 million on Castanzo, going 3/42-45 or so for a player like Fisher won't break them or stop them from signing any long term extensions they're planning on doing. It also allows them to take someone like Radunz who is more developmental without worrying about short term success.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:24 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
No? He tore his Achilles in the AFCCG, but he should be able to recover from that to start the 2021 season. He's started 113 of a possible 128 career regular season games, is a former #1 overall pick, and has been a Pro Bowler two of the last three seasons.
Not likely to be ready by the beginning of the season. Its a torn achilles. How bad did he tell the attendant I don’t think anybody really knows. Most websites will tell you it’s anywhere from 4 to 12 months depending upon severity.

I think he’s worth looking at because he’s a really good lineman. I wouldn’t get carried away about him being ready for the season
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
rcubed (03-12-2021)