ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-09-2021, 06:49 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

With Goodwin getting tagged it means that Shaq Barrett may hit the market. This is one guy I would like to see us open the vault for if he hits the market. Doubt it happens (TB would be crazy to not find a way to extend him) but it would be nice.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:52 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,609 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
He’s not getting 15 million. Tackles can go into their 30’s and play well. A couple years at 20 million maybe.
5/100 is a 20 average?

Quote:
Romeo Okwura will not be tagged by the lions and will hit FA. He could be an underrated option at DE. 61 pressures last year. Tied for fifth in the league.
I think he, Carl Lawson, and possibly Yannick Ngakoue will be among Ballard's top targets in free agency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Allen Robinson and Godwin tagged.

Hunter Henry and Golladay NOT tagged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Henry not being tagged is a positive development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
With Goodwin getting tagged it means that Shaq Barrett may hit the market. This is one guy I would like to see us open the vault for if he hits the market. Doubt it happens (TB would be crazy to not find a way to extend him) but it would be nice.
Let someone else overpay for Barrett, there are many good edge rusher options on the free agent market.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:04 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Just sign Trent fuckin Williams and call it a day, fuck it 3rd and shorts will be unstoppable ok never mind just read he’ll probably resign with the 9ers so LT in the draft it is

Last edited by apballin; 03-10-2021 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Just sign Trent fuckin Williams and call it a day, fuck it 3rd and shorts will be unstoppable ok never mind just read he’ll probably resign with the 9ers so LT in the draft it is
I honestly don’t think we will do much. Looks like the best players will be tagged. I bet we sign a pass rusher and then fill out the roster with bargains. I think Hilton walks. We go bpa in the 1st in the draft and probably DL or OT in the second depending on our first pick. He’s been talking about resigning Nelson and Leonard since we drafted them. It’s almost here. They aren’t going to change now, we missed using their rookie window. So they will carry over a ton of cap again and then resign that draft class best we can.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:13 PM
Post whore

Quote:
I honestly don’t think we will do much. Looks like the best players will be tagged. I bet we sign a pass rusher and then fill out the roster with bargains. I think Hilton walks. We go bpa in the 1st in the draft and probably DL or OT in the second depending on our first pick. He’s been talking about resigning Nelson and Leonard since we drafted them. It’s almost here. They aren’t going to change now, we missed using their rookie window. So they will carry over a ton of cap again and then resign that draft class best we can.
I think they sign at least 2 DEs and a OT. It would be great if they'd swing for the fences with Williams, but more likely is something like Okung, Lawson, and Okwara. Nothing too pricey there but also upgrades at all positions leaving BPA as an option at 21.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:56 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I think they sign at least 2 DEs and a OT. It would be great if they'd swing for the fences with Williams, but more likely is something like Okung, Lawson, and Okwara. Nothing too pricey there but also upgrades at all positions leaving BPA as an option at 21.
I’m gonna say Lawson and a Tight end Ertz, Henry, or Smith and draft a LT

Vote me all-in on the Lawson team I think dude would fit great on this team and is on the verge of breaking out as a great pass rusher

Last edited by apballin; 03-10-2021 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:29 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I’m gonna say Lawson and a Tight end Ertz, Henry, or Smith and draft a LT

Vote me all-in on the Lawson team I think dude would fit great on this team and is on the verge of breaking out as a great pass rusher

I think this is a most likely scenario. Given the OT talent that’s being touted in this draft it seems likely we draft one high and plug him in for 10 years. There is good defensive front available in FA and not as much money to go around league wide. And if teams do start cutting talent to get under cap we can pick up some solid players at a decent price. Should be interesting to watch!
Old 03-11-2021, 12:03 AM
Post whore

I'm really hoping they sign a vet OT with LT experience so as to not nearly force themselves to spend the 21st pick on an OT. I'd like to get Azeez Ojulari at 21 and Liam Eichenberg or Jalen Mayfield at 54. I think a veteran LT signing is key to allow them to take the risk of not getting one of the top OTs at 21.
Old 03-11-2021, 10:43 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If they do that I can see Lawson or Okwara. If we sign another I bet it’s resigning Muhammad. But I think Lawson would fit us really well. I hope we target him.

The options at OT will be good at 21. If Darrisaw and Slater are gone, I can see Radunz. I think he is the 4th best tackle. We could also use a 3-tech and Levi Onwuzurike is an option somewhere in there.

What I think they will really do is try to trade down and get back those picks they traded for Wentz, and then address OT, DL, and WR/TE in some way. Ballard won't pay A money for B talent in FA.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 03-11-2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:31 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

The Chiefs just cut both of their offensive tackles.
Luck4Reich (03-11-2021), Racehorse (03-11-2021)