ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-23-2020, 12:54 PM

Default Remaining Free Agents

List of remaining free agents that I would like to see the Colts take a stab at:

DE Jadeveon Clowney

DT Mike Daniels
DT Shelby Harris
DT Damon Harrison
DT Timmy Jernigan
DT Derek Wolfe

WR Robby Anderson
WR Breshad Perriman
WR Devin Funchess
WR Rashard Higgins

TE Tyler Eifert

CB Ronald Darby

As you can see, I really want another NT/DT in the fold to go with Buckner, Autry and Stewart and a veteran WR to work in the mix with T.Y., Campbell, Pascal, Fountain and 1 or 2 rookie draft picks.

Clowney, Eifert and Darby are positions that I think we need more quality bodies at but I am not sure any of them are our thing.

Clowney will probably be too expensive (he is a talent) and I am not sure Eifert or Darby would be better than a 2nd/3rd/4th round rookie at the position.

Not much else out there, IMO.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:32 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post

Clowney will probably be too expensive (he is a talent) and I am not sure Eifert or Darby would be better than a 2nd/3rd/4th round rookie at the position.

Hes not worth what hes asking. Way over hyped
Old 03-23-2020, 08:12 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
List of remaining free agents that I would like to see the Colts take a stab at:

DE Jadeveon Clowney

DT Mike Daniels
DT Shelby Harris
DT Damon Harrison
DT Timmy Jernigan
DT Derek Wolfe

WR Robby Anderson
WR Breshad Perriman
WR Devin Funchess
WR Rashard Higgins

TE Tyler Eifert

CB Ronald Darby

As you can see, I really want another NT/DT in the fold to go with Buckner, Autry and Stewart and a veteran WR to work in the mix with T.Y., Campbell, Pascal, Fountain and 1 or 2 rookie draft picks.

Clowney, Eifert and Darby are positions that I think we need more quality bodies at but I am not sure any of them are our thing.

I would like to have Robby Anderson, but the rumor is that he wants TY Hilton money or more. I'm not sure that would sit well with Hilton or the locker room, based on Anderson's production.

Ballard probably wouldn't go there.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:39 PM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:

DE Jadeveon Clowney

FWIW - Seattle reportedly has offered Clowney a multi-year deal at $18.5MM per year.

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/sta...14475875794944

Quote:
From my story https://thenewstribune.com/sports/nf...241375251.html last night.

Nothing’s changed for #Seahawks and Jadeveon Clowney. Apparently $18.5M/yr in a multiyear from SEA. $3-5M less per year in a 1-year deal.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
FWIW - Seattle reportedly has offered Clowney a multi-year deal at $18.5MM per year.

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/sta...14475875794944
But they also just traded for Quenton Dunbar, who purportedly wants $10M+ a year, and according to Overthecap.com SEA only had $18.3 in cap space BEFORE the trade.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
But they also just traded for Quenton Dunbar, who purportedly wants $10M+ a year, and according to Overthecap.com SEA only had $18.3 in cap space BEFORE the trade.
Dunbar is still under contract for this year. Seattle can ink an extension with him with the bigger money starting next year. Or they could tell him to wait. The local beat writers had also mentioned the possibility of cutting a few players, too, to create additional cap space.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Dunbar is still under contract for this year. Seattle can ink an extension with him with the bigger money starting next year. Or they could tell him to wait. The local beat writers had also mentioned the possibility of cutting a few players, too, to create additional cap space.
Yeah, I suppose there could be ways around it with creative cap management, restructuring,etc. I just figured that Washington wouldn’t have traded him so cheaply if they thought he was willing to play for his scheduled $3.25M salary. Or perhaps Rivera is trying to create a new culture and wants to clear the locker room of malcontents.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:57 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:

DE Jadeveon Clowney

DT Mike Daniels

DT Shelby Harris

DT Damon Harrison

DT Timmy Jernigan

DT Derek Wolfe

WR Robby Anderson

WR Breshad Perriman

WR Devin Funchess

WR Rashard Higgins

TE Tyler Eifert

CB Ronald Darby

I like shelby harris... he and Buckner would would make for a monster DL.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Puck (03-24-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I would like to have Robby Anderson, but the rumor is that he wants TY Hilton money or more. I'm not sure that would sit well with Hilton or the locker room, based on Anderson's production.

Ballard probably wouldn't go there.

Robby Anderson to the Panthers per Rapoport and Mehta. I think several more WR's will be signing in the next few days.

Quote:
Former #Jets WR Robby Anderson has a deal with the #Panthers, as MMehtaNYDN said. He get a 2-year deal worth $20M with $12M in year 1. A nice landing spot.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I like shelby harris... he and Buckner would would make for a monster DL.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yep. Ballard has talked about needing help at NT. Not as much as he discussed 3tech but its important. I still think they are working on Clowney.