ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-23-2024, 09:14 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...69568109273229
Ballarded once more... can't stand the dude.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 09:20 AM

Thanked 1,121 Times in 624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Ballarded once more... can't stand the dude.
When we miss the playoffs yet again & probably finish in 3rd place in the division maybe then Irsay will figure out that he needs to go.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:01 AM

Thanked 1,250 Times in 701 Posts

Ballard, wtf?

Last edited by Thorgrim; 03-23-2024 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Error
The Following User Says Thank You to Thorgrim For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 11:14 AM

Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,216 Posts

How does this trade make any sense for the Titans?

Are they a CB away from competing for deep runs in the playoffs? It's dumb!

From the Colts perspective...I'm sorry but I'm not in love with Sneed. The trade compensation is not a concern. It's the quality of the player vs the value of the contract.

For comparison, Sneed is not anywhere in the same stratosphere as Revis island.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (03-23-2024), Racehorse (03-23-2024), sherck (03-24-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 11:30 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

I understand the frustration, but there are a lot of factors that we don't and won't ever know. Yes, the Titans got him for a 3 next year, but the Chiefs may be thinking that it's very likely that the Titans will have a high pick next year. They may have wanted a 2025 2 from the Colts, since it's much more likely that the Colts will have a much lower pick than the Titans in 2025. Then there's the issues with Sneed. First, we have no idea what the medicals on his knee are, but apparently they were concerning for several NFL teams. Many of the same people who are complaining that Ballard didn't pull the trigger on this now are the same people who would say "Ballard got fleeced by the Chiefs" if he gave up next year's 2 and Sneed suffered a season ending knee injury in camp or at the beginning of the season. Finally, the Colts have a very unique disadvantage in the NFL, as they are the only team in a division where all of their division rivals don't have a state income tax, but they do. Which leads me to the other Sneed issue, contract compensation. We'll never know if the Colts were actually in on Sneed or not, but there were rumors at one point that he wanted 22m AAV, and he ended up signing for 19m AAV. Yes, those rumors could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sneed would want more from the Colts than he would from the Titans to compensate for the tax difference.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-23-2024), Racehorse (03-23-2024), TheMugwump (03-26-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 11:33 AM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I understand the frustration, but there are a lot of factors that we don't and won't ever know. Yes, the Titans got him for a 3 next year, but the Chiefs may be thinking that it's very likely that the Titans will have a high pick next year. They may have wanted a 2025 2 from the Colts, since it's much more likely that the Colts will have a much lower pick than the Titans in 2025. Then there's the issues with Sneed. First, we have no idea what the medicals on his knee are, but apparently they were concerning for several NFL teams. Many of the same people who are complaining that Ballard didn't pull the trigger on this now are the same people who would say "Ballard got fleeced by the Chiefs" if he gave up next year's 2 and Sneed suffered a season ending knee injury in camp or at the beginning of the season. Finally, the Colts have a very unique disadvantage in the NFL, as they are the only team in a division where all of their division rivals don't have a state income tax, but they do. Which leads me to the other Sneed issue, contract compensation. We'll never know if the Colts were actually in on Sneed or not, but there were rumors at one point that he wanted 22m AAV, and he ended up signing for 19m AAV. Yes, those rumors could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sneed would want more from the Colts than he would from the Titans to compensate for the tax difference.
I read 4-years/$76m with $55m of it guaranteed. That's a shitload guaranteed with an injury concern.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 11:59 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
He probably told Ballard he wanted a ham sandwich free from the cafeteria every day and Ballard called his bluff on that shit. Over three years, prob saved the franchise $432. Good move Ballard, good fucking move.

Constantly, perpetually, hypothesizing why the dude sits on his hands as some form of justification for him just SUCKING as a GM. Dude is just lazy and entitled and doesn't give a fuck about much other than that paycheck.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 12:03 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
If there were medical concerns then fair enough. The other possible excuses I'm not buying. We could have outbid Teen w/ a 3rd rounder this year or included a day 3 pick instead of a swap as the kicker, etc. Also, the IN income tax rate per the IN.gov website is 3.05%, which for $19M is $665K. Obviously to us that's a shit ton of money, but in terms of NFL salary cap it's a drop in the bucket.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:04 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Yeah, I’m off the Sneed bandwagon. He was the most penalized cornerback in the league in 2023. He’s also 27 and coming off a serious knee injury. He’s never made a pro bowl or an all pro.

He’s a much more expensive Rock Ya-Sin.

I’ll pass on that much money for that player.

Also, what in the hell are the Titans doing? If Levis is really good their moves may make sense but nobody knows how good he is yet.

Seems like they’re putting an awful lot of eggs in that basket.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-23-2024), TheMugwump (03-26-2024), YDFL Commish (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 12:12 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Honestly wasn’t a big fan of trying to get Sneed anyway, he played in a way more aggressive defense that isn’t happening here. Colts defense is built on front 4 pressure. No need to overpay a guy looking to cash out because he’s already a champion. Value just wasn’t there for the Colts especially when there’s a lot of good CBs in this years draft
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (03-23-2024)