ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-16-2023, 07:03 PM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
Sure, you can play hardball. Taylor has no leverage. But do you really want to see a sulking Taylor stalking the locker room for the next 5 months? Playing hardball is a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I don't give a shit, he has 4 million sitting on the table for this season, it is the deal the players made and a damn lot better than what 99% of us have in our jobs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Brylok (08-16-2023), Oldcolt (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 07:09 PM

Thanked 1,650 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Can't tag him until next year. He'd be paid more than now, but not as much as he wants. We'd still have the same problem. I doubt we'd get much of anything in a trade right now since nobody knows if he's injured or not. I'd rather get nothing in return and be rid of him then have a malcontent harming the dressing room all season. Like Mr. Session said above, we can find another running back. Just my 2¢ anyway.
You're right about all that. I don't think a trade happens because of what Ballard would want. But it would be something. Franchise tag hanging over JT's head is a huge advantage for the Colts.

They risk way less, relatively speaking, than JT. Seems to be a better to me to either keep him or get the better haul if someone wants to sign him.
Old 08-16-2023, 07:22 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
You're right about all that. I don't think a trade happens because of what Ballard would want. But it would be something. Franchise tag hanging over JT's head is a huge advantage for the Colts.

They risk way less, relatively speaking, than JT. Seems to be a better to me to either keep him or get the better haul if someone wants to sign him.
It's a mess, and it's all of Taylor's creation. It's been rough being a Colts fan the past few years. First we have to be amateur physicians, and now we need to brush up on our knowledge of the CBA. Always something.

I have no idea how it will shake out. Personally, I'd waive him if it got to that point. Again, just my opinion.
ChaosTheory (08-16-2023), Mr. Session (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 07:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

I’d like to see him healthy first and actually play some. Not giving a contract to a gimpy RB.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 10:45 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Man F this dude, NFI and move the fuck on. Doesn't want to honor his contract, then we don't need to honor his "career". Shitcan him.
Old 08-17-2023, 07:22 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Taylor has less than zero leverage. If he sits out or pouts to the point where the Colts send him home, he’ll never get the money he wants from anyone. Hell, he won’t get what he’s slated to make this season.

He has to get healthy and get out there and play. Then let whatever happens happen.
Old 08-17-2023, 07:44 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Taylor has less than zero leverage. If he sits out or pouts to the point where the Colts send him home, he’ll never get the money he wants from anyone. Hell, he won’t get what he’s slated to make this season.

He has to get healthy and get out there and play. Then let whatever happens happen.
If he is released someone will sign him. There’s always GM who thinks they can fix players.

The reality for the Colts is he cant get on the field due to an injury, until he gets the medical clearance, a new contract is out of the question. The Colts had to release Manning due to injury, its a cruel business.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:57 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
If he is released someone will sign him. There’s always GM who thinks they can fix players.

The reality for the Colts is he cant get on the field due to an injury, until he gets the medical clearance, a new contract is out of the question. The Colts had to release Manning due to injury, its a cruel business.
Manning had to go due to the combination of the injury AND the cap implications if he was retained. No such conundrum with JT. Fucking NFI his ass today- stop playing his game.
Old 08-17-2023, 09:08 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Manning had to go due to the combination of the injury AND the cap implications if he was retained. No such conundrum with JT. Fucking NFI his ass today- stop playing his game.
He is still under contract, and he could be a huge help to AR. I dont believe the Colts are playing his game. He has no leverage as long as he cant practice. If they can repair the relationship, its in both parties interest to do it. It cant happen until he shows he is healthy and can play.

Last edited by JAFF; 08-17-2023 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-17-2023, 09:36 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:

He won’t get anywhere near the money or long term deal he wants if he’s released. Especially not being healthy.

And that was the point of all of this.

I’m thinking if he’s released right now he’d get somewhere in the neighborhood of what Dalvin Cook got. Maybe a little more.