ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-04-2021, 04:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default Matchup with the Buffalo Bills

Going to Buffalo. The Bills have been blowing people out and we have not matched up well with playoff teams this year. I give us a puncher's chance in this one.

Keys to the game:

The Bills have the 27th ranked run defense and the 3rd ranked Passing offense in the league.

To win the Colts need to run the ball effectively and limit the big passing plays.

On defense, the Colts have to keep Allen from running too much especially when running to his right which he really throws well out of. They will have to play their contain rush which they have been doing a lot lately. But this defense has a problem with scrambling QB's, it breaks the defense down.

On offense expect Tredarius White to be on Hilton, if he takes him away that will be it. The running game will need to keep their LBs closer to the los and Rivers will have to know when that happens and throw out of it. If they play their LBs back, don't get cute, just run on them. Its their biggest weakness, take advantage of it. Most importantly, Rivers can't turn the ball over which worries me because I think he is hurt and that toe is affecting his accuracy.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 01-04-2021 at 04:37 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-04-2021), njcoltfan (01-04-2021), Racehorse (01-04-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts

The key to the game for the Colts on defense is not letting Stefon Diggs do Stefon Diggs things. Keep him in check, and Allen is no better than several QBs the Colts have flustered throughout the season. Play him like DeShaun Watson and he could have a long day. Khari Willis's availability for the game could be a big factor IMO.

On offense, as has been mentioned, take advantage of a ground game that has found life as of late, and use it to set up the passing game to make life easier on old man Rivers. Getting into a shootout with the Bills seems like the worst possible strategy for a Colts win in this game, and I think a ball control, clock eating, sustained drive offense will be the best strategy.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:47 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
The key to the game for the Colts on defense is not letting Stefon Diggs do Stefon Diggs things. Keep him in check, and Allen is no better than several QBs the Colts have flustered throughout the season. Play him like DeShaun Watson and he could have a long day. Khari Willis's availability for the game could be a big factor IMO.

On offense, as has been mentioned, take advantage of a ground game that has found life as of late, and use it to set up the passing game to make life easier on old man Rivers. Getting into a shootout with the Bills seems like the worst possible strategy for a Colts win in this game, and I think a ball control, clock eating, sustained drive offense will be the best strategy.
Rhodes should be pretty familiar with Diggs. I don’t know if that makes any difference whatsoever, but Rhodes should stay with Diggs regardless.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:23 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Pound the run on offense quick passes and screen passes, tight man coverage on defense, get up on them early let them feel that playoff pressure when you’re expecting to win and haven’t had any tough games in a month
Old 01-04-2021, 11:29 PM

Thanked 1,121 Times in 624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Pound the run on offense quick passes and screen passes, tight man coverage on defense, get up on them early let them feel that playoff pressure when you’re expecting to win and haven’t had any tough games in a month
Hines will need to have a big game.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:10 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Rhodes should be pretty familiar with Diggs. I don’t know if that makes any difference whatsoever, but Rhodes should stay with Diggs regardless.
Can’t hurt
Old 01-05-2021, 11:58 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

The colts O line and d line will determine the game. If the colts run the ball well we keep the bills offense on the sidelines.

If the colts d line cant get to Allen, it will be a long day.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:26 PM

The Colts seem to play better when they're underdogs. They are definitely underdogs in this game.
NextManUp (01-05-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 09:51 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post

The Colts seem to play better when they're underdogs ...... they are definitely underdogs in this game.

o

Colts Beat Packers in Wild Overtime Contest

(By Michael David Smith)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rtime-contest/

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-06-2021, 01:28 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

I think that both of these teams are teams that most would like to avoid in the playoffs if they could ...... the 13-3 Bills with Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs a little more so than the 11-5 Colts, who hold 2 impressive wins this season against the Packers and the Titans.

In the AFC, I think that if teams could choose an opponent to play against, they would probably opt for the Titans more than anyone else. After that, I think that their 2nd choice would be the Browns. Their 3rd choice would probably be the Steelers, who have shown chinks in their armor after their 11-0 start to the season.

Lamar Jackson and the Ravens are kind of scary because of Jackson. And the Chiefs ....... well, they are the Chiefs.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-06-2021)