ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-03-2022, 09:56 PM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
People concentrate on the last two games. He was inconsistent all year. He was awful in the Titans and jags games.

That last interception in the titans game- three receivers open and he threw to Pittman in triple coverage. There was no pressure.

The guy folds under pressure. Panics and plays hero ball. Has awful mechanics and doesn’t scan the field for the open man. He has periods of great play followed by periods of awful play. His analytics place him in the 20-25 range of starting QBs. He was 28th in accuracy.

He just isn’t a good QB. At best he is inconsistent.
So how did Reich and Ballard, especially Reich, not know this?
Old 03-04-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
The did !!
Old 03-04-2022, 03:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,682 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
They knew it. Ballard and Irsay were doubtful. Reich just said yesterday on the radio at the combine that he put his ass on the line for Wentz. Wentz let him down. The player Reich coached at Philly is not the same guy today is my guess. Reich thought he could get MVP Wentz, it was a calculated gamble and they lost. I will say for a little while it looked like it might work out. He was up and down, but was trending in a good direction. Then the last 4-5 games, he just started sucking.

If you go by the week by week analytics stampede blue did on Wentz, they predicted he would come down at the end. He was over performing in certain areas that his base stats did not justify. And for all the bad decisions he made, how many were dropped by the defense. Guy had some luck. His numbers could have been a lot worse.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 03-04-2022 at 03:32 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-04-2022), CletusPyle (03-04-2022), Dewey 5 (03-05-2022), IndyNorm (03-06-2022), Racehorse (03-06-2022), rcubed (03-04-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 03:57 PM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
They knew it. Ballard and Irsay were doubtful. Reich just said yesterday on the radio at the combine that he put his ass on the line for Wentz. Wentz let him down. The player Reich coached at Philly is not the same guy today is my guess. Reich thought he could get MVP Wentz, it was a calculated gamble and they lost. I will say for a little while it looked like it might work out. He was up and down, but was trending in a good direction. Then the last 4-5 games, he just started sucking.

If you go by the week by week analytics stampede blue did on Wentz, they predicted he would come down at the end. He was over performing in certain areas that his base stats did not justify. And for all the bad decisions he made, how many were dropped by the defense. Guy had some luck. His numbers could have been a lot worse.
JT bailed him out a time or two as well. You make some excellent points, I think the Colts almost have to roll with him one more season and maybe just not expect as much from him. I'm not sure how much work the Colts can insist he do in the off season, but if he would be willing to put in the work, why not hire somebody (a former proven QB for example) to work with him and try to salvage his career?
BCN#1 (03-04-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewtone View Post
My thing is that I may end up agreeing with both sides on this argument... couple of factors at play here:

1.) I'm still biased by the frustration of last year seeing looks that Phillip saw but not having the physical tools to get it there anymore.

2.) as noted, would like to see improvement in the WR corps... plus reps, which I think may rectify the problem with hitting WR's in stride (may partially be a factor of revolving door of healthy receivers).

3.) I've already decided to hold my final judgement on Wentz until he gets a full offseason/preseason with this team and Coach... I figure we'll all know for sure by mid-season next year.
I hear ya Drewtone... kind in line with ya here. Lots of blame to share with WR, Oline, TE, etc.

Given the investment made in this guy and the serious lack of other clear cut upgrades, I am starting to lean toward letting him get a "full season" with the knowledge that he is under the microscope by everyone.

Frank made me crazy with some play calling all season long and honestly think he needs to hand that off to the OC. Either way, he needs some serious self-reflection on some of his head scratching play calling also... maybe they turn this think around but at least we are not stuck cutting this clown, eating dead money and then stuck with a retread that is quite likely not going to be any real upgrade.

Just my clueless opinion on the subject.

Last edited by BCN#1; 03-04-2022 at 04:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BCN#1 For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (03-04-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 04:47 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN#1 View Post

Just my clueless opinion on the subject. )

o

I wouldn't necessarily say clueless opinion ...... more like your rat's ass of an opinion, which is a valuable as everybody else's rat's ass of an opinion here on ColtFreaks.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-06-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I wouldn't necessarily say clueless opinion ...... more like your rat's ass of an opinion, which is a valuable as everybody else's rat's ass of an opinion here on ColtFreaks.

o
Yup! That is why I like it here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BCN#1 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (03-04-2022), Racehorse (03-06-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 02:10 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,682 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
JT bailed him out a time or two as well. You make some excellent points, I think the Colts almost have to roll with him one more season and maybe just not expect as much from him. I'm not sure how much work the Colts can insist he do in the off season, but if he would be willing to put in the work, why not hire somebody (a former proven QB for example) to work with him and try to salvage his career?
I see your point. If it was me, if you know he isn’t the guy, just move on. No point in treading water for another season. You might do worse next year, but you continue the search. Wentz would bring us more mediocrity to maybe one playoff win. At this point, he is six years in. If he wanted to get rid of these bad habits he would have by now.

And from what the rumors are, it’s more the off field stuff that’s determining his fate, not his play. Meaning he isn’t buying in to what they are telling him. Where the uncoachsble stuff comes from.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 03-05-2022 at 02:12 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (03-05-2022), IndyNorm (03-06-2022), Racehorse (03-06-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

Carson Wentz Makes Statement after Trade to Commanders

(By Kevin Kickey)

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/...nt-trade-2022/

“Dear Colts Nation:

Even though my family’s time in Indianapolis has been short, we have loved being part of this community. Colts fans embraced us from the moment we arrived, and made us feel at home. Hoosier hospitality is incredible !!!

To the entire Colts organization, thank you for the opportunity !!! Ultimately, the season didn’t end the way we wanted, but I’m grateful for the sacrifices each of you made so that we could climb the mountain together.

The relationships I formed are what I’ll remember most ...... the brotherhood that existed in the locker room goes well beyond one team or one season, and I have my teammates to thank for helping to create that culture. I appreciate, love, and wish nothing but the best for each of you !!!

I’m looking forward to getting to Washington. This organization has a rich history, and a roster full of talent. I’m going to do everything I can this off-season to prepare for a special season, and I can’t wait to see you at FedEx Field this fall !!!

God’s plan !!! Eyes fixed on him! #AO1.”

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck