ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-15-2017, 09:43 PM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam8610 View Post
probably because he is a rookie and coaches in general tend to prefer veterans. Mack not getting as many opportunities as i'd like is one of my biggest frustrations with the current coaching staff, but not one that i think would be much different under most coaching staffs.
hahahahaha!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:58 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Probably because he is a rookie and coaches in general tend to prefer veterans. Mack not getting as many opportunities as I'd like is one of my biggest frustrations with the current coaching staff, but not one that I think would be much different under most coaching staffs.

Yeah that makes sense, and Rosie O’Donnell is the sexiest bitch on the planet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (11-15-2017), Racehorse (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 09:32 AM

Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Because he goes down way to easy.... most of the time when he gets hit the play is over. How many yards has he lost due to no being able to break a tackle. Gore does it constantly. Switch to Mack he goes down like Omahas mom
To be fair, Mack was pretty good at breaking tackles last Sunday.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
To be fair, Mack was pretty good at breaking tackles last Sunday.
I think he's got a nice stiff arm.

He is a skinny dude, but he pops that jab out there fast enough to put dudes off balance, and his speed/acceleration does the rest.

A year or two of lifting and gaining some weight, who knows?
Old 11-16-2017, 10:51 AM
testcase448

Quote:
The Colts have some young talent on offense. QB, RB, and WR, mostly. Kelly seems solid as well when healthy.
Kelly, I agree, Jacoby is a good BU QB that might develope yes.
TY is a good WR2
I like Jack Doyle
Mack is OK..

Pretty thin pickings
Old 11-16-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Maybe it's just me but I don't see much from Mack as an every down back. He is a change of pace guy. Not a 3 down guy. But I agree they need to design some plays with him and gore in at the same time. But no way is he ready to take over for Gore.

I think Gore is extremely underrated with this fan base. That guy is a beast

And becoming one of my favorite colts ever
I think Gore is completely overrated the last few years and has been a very average back for the team. He has not been bad, its just he has not done anything special.

I know the line has not been good, but even so, he has been very average.

And no I don't think Mack is necessarily an every down back, but I do think he would be a great 3rd down back, good catches passes of the backfield if they used him that way, and certainly a good change of pace outside runner.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Why would I care what the media thinks?
OK.......just name ONE PERSON PERIOD, that is not whacked out on drugs (in other words, not Irsay) and not related to Pagano, you can point to that shares your opinion that Pagano deserves another chance with this team and that feels with better players he would be a success?
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Because he goes down way to easy.... most of the time when he gets hit the play is over. How many yards has he lost due to no being able to break a tackle. Gore does it constantly. Switch to Mack he goes down like Omahas mom
I have never had that impression with Mack

Most of the plays he loses yardage on he just has no chance at all because or poor blocking.

Its one thing to beat one guy and break a tackle. When you have two or three in the backfield right as the play is starting, you don't have much of a chance

And he did recently reverse field for a nice gain on a play where the original design went right, he stopped and went back left.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:02 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I think it is pretty difficult to assess a RB's capabilities with the team as-is. Our offensive system, and specifically our approach to running the ball, doesn't seem terribly cohesive. Do we like power running? Do we play matchups? Do we utilize play action so pass and run set each other up effectively? Or do we try to do all of that and more, at the wrong times and poorly?
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I think it is pretty difficult to assess a RB's capabilities with the team as-is. Our offensive system, and specifically our approach to running the ball, doesn't seem terribly cohesive. Do we like power running? Do we play matchups? Do we utilize play action so pass and run set each other up effectively? Or do we try to do all of that and more, at the wrong times and poorly?
I think it's tough to assess any of our offensive talent with this scheme and with the weakness of the coaching. I was convinced we need to dump Moncrief after this season and I'm still pretty much there but Venturi made a compelling case on JMV yesterday that we really haven't put him in a situation to see what he's capable of.......I wouldn't support signing him to a big payday but if he and his agent were willing to sign a modest contract...maybe shorter term with performance incentives I wouldn't be opposed. Probably won't happen.....someone will sign him for bigger money and the smart play for him is to take the money and run, but it's really a shame we seem content to squander talent (limited as it may be) because we seem unwilling to fit our scheme to the best fit for the talent we have. Situational football (which Bellicheat excels at) vs. We just do what we do (which Clappy mcWoodchopper fails at).