ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-18-2017, 07:32 AM

We do have 50 plus million that we can spend.....so an OLman for $10m a year, Eric Berry for $13m a year surpassing the contract signed by the honey badger, and two mid level LBers paired with our two top draft picks both at LBer, possibly another big name signing like Trumain Johnson from the Rams at CB and maybe we bring in someone like Darren McFadden at RB to help out is something that financially speaking we ought to be able to do.

A defensive lineup of
Henry Anderson (hopefully back to his rookie best)
David Parry / Hassan Ridgeway
Kendall Langford
Rookie 1st rounder
Free agent pickup / Edwin Jackson
Rookie 2nd rounder / Antonio Morrison
Free agent pickup
Vontae Davis
Eric Berry
Clacton Geathers / Donald Butler
Trumaine Johnson / Patrick Robinson

Suddenly we go from having very few recognisable names to having backups who are very serviceable. We would still be light in the LB department, but could use mid to late round picks to help out there.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
Larry Warford is the guy I would most like the Colts to grab in terms of improving the offensive line. He is young at 26 but has 4 years of starting experience having started every game he has played in missing 7 games in 4 years. He is a good run blocker and lining him up next to Ryan Kelly and Mewhort could make for some big holes up the middle.

Obviously we need to bring in at least two LB's via free agency and another two via the draft, and this has to be the priority, but I can see that Warford is a potential big time player who could make a big difference for the Colts. I am less convinced with the LBers available in free agency this year and think we are only going to get marginal upgrades rather than star performers in free agency.
I like it.

Im all for having more black guys on the oline.
The Following User Says Thank You to natagu23 For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (02-20-2017)