ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 05-31-2017, 12:12 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
We were all so glad Polian was gone, and that we were getting Luck, that we were thrilled with Grigson. History does repeatitself, but let's hope it doesn't with this team beyond that point.
IMO, we were glad chris was gone mostly. irsay should have never let bill push his son into that role. if bill had stayed on as gm instead of his son things may have been different, or maybe not. I am not sure bill would have let manning walk but it was the right thing to do IMO. it was time for a change, that part of colts history had played itself out.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-31-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 05:27 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
except that ballard seems like a professional, grigson never did.

Sure grigs had a very nice first draft. But do you remember his early press conferences, he was a sweating, bumbling mess. I gave him a pass because getting up in front of the media like that can be intimidating. but then he became an arrogant ass and started making many bad decisions.

ballard seems to have his shit together and has a plan. I dont know if grigson ever had a real plan or vision. we had early success and he 'went for it' with aging vets. that was a bad plan.
that is all your perception. not exactly a fact
Old 05-31-2017, 06:11 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
yes, my perception.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Grigson invested a lot of money in aging vets. That part is definitely fact.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:09 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
except that ballard seems like a professional, grigson never did.

Sure grigs had a very nice first draft. But do you remember his early press conferences, he was a sweating, bumbling mess. I gave him a pass because getting up in front of the media like that can be intimidating. but then he became an arrogant ass and started making many bad decisions.

ballard seems to have his shit together and has a plan. I dont know if grigson ever had a real plan or vision. we had early success and he 'went for it' with aging vets. that was a bad plan.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (06-01-2017), Racehorse (06-05-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Look it's good to have a fresh start/ new direction GM, however to me Grigson was a victim of circumstance after the 1st season success he started (swinging for the fence) no pun intended--- where is that dude by the way?

anyway- He gets bashed and I get it but he made a lot of good moves and tried to win "NOW" and got away from letting guys develop IMO going with vet FA's and not letting draft picks on the field or even stay on the team long

Who knew TRich sucked that bad? Who knew Art Jones would be a bust like that? Todd Herremans? the FA OL from the pats that kept getting hurt? I mean come on Landry had his best year ever with the jets when we signed him

Throw in Chuck getting Cancer, Arians leaving, deflategate, pep Hamilton, Chucks contract(every week we heard he was getting fired all year) the in house bickering between him and Pagano nd there you have it burnt toast.

Say what you want, but dude tried to win and win now he had some bad moves but it's still the offense he built, and you can't tell me with a focus on defense in this years draft we wouldn't have the same optimism looking at the schedule
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (06-05-2017), Racehorse (06-05-2017)