ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-29-2018, 10:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
No, it’s the most likely outcome given what they have shown. See my post above.
Thats fantasy football talk. They could go 2-6 with a couple of bad bounces
Old 10-29-2018, 11:43 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Thats fantasy football talk. They could go 2-6 with a couple of bad bounces
Likelihood. 4-4 is the most likely. That doesn’t mean 2-6 or 6-2 aren’t possible.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:33 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post

We are losing at least 4 of these games. The Colts have no defense.

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the defense has played surprisingly better than expected for the majority of the season.

I think that they have had only 2 bad games (against the Raiders and the Jaguars.)

Even in the games against the Patriots and the Jets, they played better than what the final scores might indicate ........ they played with some cohesion in the 2nd half against the Patriots to turn what appeared to be a laugher at halftime (24-3) into a competitive game early in the 4th quarter (they got as close as 24-17 before the Patriots' offense regained momentum), and they continually kept the Jets out of the endzone in spite of the offense putting them in bad situations on numerous occasions.

So aside from the those 2 clunkers against the Raiders and the Jaguars, the other 8 games have been (at least) average or better.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 11-19-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:52 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the defense has played surprisingly better than expected for the majority of the season.

I think that they have had only 2 bad games (against the Raiders and the Jaguars.)

Even in the games against the Patriots and the Jets, they played better than what the final scores might indicate ........ they played with some cohesion in the 2nd half against the Patriots to turn what appeared to be a laugher at halftime (24-3) into a competitive game early in the 4th quarter (they got as close as 24-17 before the Patriots' offense regained momentum), and they continually kept the Jets out of the endzone in spite of the offense putting them in bad situations on numerous occasions.

So aside from the those 2 clunkers against the Raiders and the Jaguars, the other 8 games have been (at least) average or better.

o
Disagree with you on the Jets game. The defense let Darnold complete 24/30 passes for nearly 300 yards and really struggled to get off the field. Time of possession was completely lopsided (37 vs 23 min) in favor of the Jets. The offense didn't do the defense any favors with the 4 turnovers, but the defense played poorly enough to lose to one of the worst teams in football.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:03 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post

Disagree with you on the Jets game. The defense let Darnold complete 24/30 passes for nearly 300 yards and really struggled to get off the field. Time of possession was completely lopsided (37 vs 23 min) in favor of the Jets. The offense didn't do the defense any favors with the 4 turnovers, but the defense played poorly enough to lose to one of the worst teams in football.

o

23 of the 42 points that the Jets scored came directly from and/or following turnovers in that game (20 from turnovers, and 3 after the Colts turned the ball over on downs deep in their own territory when they were forced to go for it on 4th down.) That's more than half of their point total for the game.

The Jets also kicked a franchise record 7 field goals in that game, which means that the defense minimized much of the damage that was caused by the offense.

Also, the lopsided time of possession was as much an indictment of the Colts' offense as it was their defense. 5 of the Colts' 8 possessions in the first half consisted of 3 plays or less, and used 5:04 of clock time.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-19-2018, 06:42 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

The rest of the games are all winnable imo but the Texans will be a tough one & I don't think the Cowboys will be a walk in the park. Their D is very good & it seems they are getting their act together on offense. We will see a heavy dose of Zeke & Prescott is playing better of late. We just can't have another clunker like the Jets game. To me that loss looms larger than not getting a tie against Houston.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
The rest of the games are all winnable imo but the Texans will be a tough one & I don't think the Cowboys will be a walk in the park. Their D is very good & it seems they are getting their act together on offense. We will see a heavy dose of Zeke & Prescott is playing better of late. We just can't have another clunker like the Jets game. To me that loss looms larger than not getting a tie against Houston.
Both are huge right now. Being 8-3-1 going into Houston should they beat Miami and Jacksonville instead of 7-5 would give them a shot at the division lead in that game no matter what else happened. Still surprised you guys didn't lambaste Reich for that 4th down decision, but I guess you're in the honeymoon phase.

Last edited by Dam8610; 11-19-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:33 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Both are huge right now. Being 8-3-1 going into Houston should they beat Miami and Jacksonville instead of 7-5 would give them a shot at the division lead in that game no matter what else happened. Still surprised you guys didn't lambaste Reich for that 4th down decision, but I guess you're in the honeymoon phase.
Coaches don’t matter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (11-19-2018), Racehorse (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 07:35 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Coaches don’t matter
Nor do stupid people who intentionally dumb down arguments and completely lose their meaning in the process.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He wasn’t lambasted because it was an understandable decision for an aggressive coach who wants to build a winning mentality.

If you criticize him for that decision, you’d also have to criticize his other aggressive decisions like going for it on other 4th down situations (most of which have been successful) or, most recently, his decision to go for 2 in the third quarter of the JAX game when we were ahead by 14 - a decision which worked and ultimately preserved our 3 point lead at the end of the game, ensuring that JAX could not win by just getting a FG - and probably impacting their decision making on the last pivotal drive.