ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-04-2017, 08:45 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts
Default 4 Games to go; where do we stand on our draft pick placement?

Current #1 Pick = Cleveland (0-12).
Remaining Schedule = GB, BAL, @CHI, @PIT
Comments: Easy to see CLE end up win-less this season. BAL and PIT would seem to be unwinnable games and neither GB nor CHI will go over easy (unless CHI is intentionally tanking by week 16). It is pretty critical that we root for Chicago in week 16 so that a win puts them up to 4 wins and behind the Colts in drafting order.

Current #2 Pick = New York Giants (2-10; own tiebreaker with SF by having lost to them)
Remaining Schedule = DAL, PHI, @ARI, WAS
Comments: Ugh, ugly for the G-Men. Eli benched, a horrible head coach who will get fired at the end of the season and a team who is laying down. Easy to see with their schedule that they will not win another game this season and end up with the #2 pick overall. They might have a chance to win at ARI since that team is as up-and-down as any this season but I think they lose out.

Current #3 Pick = San Francisco 49ers (2-10; lost tiebreaker due to having beating NYG)
Remaining Schedule = @HOU, TEN, JAX, @LAR
Comments: Could SF get 2 more wins this season and get to 4 wins and over the Colts? One win does nothing for us since we “lost” the tiebreaker to them by beating them earlier in the season but could they get 2 wins? One would have to be Houston and perhaps the Rams in week 17 if they have the division won by then and end up resting players. The Rams would currently be a wildcard division winner (both MIN and PHI are a game ahead) and might need to rest. It is possible for SF to get over us with 2 wins and if they win at Houston this week, then it looks possible. I don’t see them winning over TEN or JAX as both are in the playoff hunt and have something to play for.

Current #4 Pick = Chicago Bears (3-9; Conference Record 1-9)
Remaining Schedule = @CIN, @DET, CLE, @MIN
Comments: Excellent chance that Da Bears pick up win #4 in week 16 when hosting the Browns. Slight possibility that they win at Cincinnati but I don’t think they have much of a chance against the Lions or the Vikings…although if Stafford is out then anything is possible. I think the Bears get to 4 wins or more and get behind us in the pick standings.

Current #5 Pick = Denver Broncos (3-9; Conference Record 2-7)
Remaining Schedule = NYJ, @IND, @WAS, KC
Comments: It all comes down to the week 15 games at Indy. Whoever wins that game goes shooting up the draft pick list while the other retains their cozy top five pick. The Jets game is winnable as is possibly KC but the only game I would “pencil in” a win against in their remaining record is Indy.

Current #6 Pick = Indianapolis Colts (3-9; Conference Record 2-6)
Remaining Schedule = @BUF, DEN, @BAL, HOU
Comments: Like above, the DEN game looms large; Thursday night on a short week after getting crushed by BUF this week could be ugly. I don’t think BUF or BAL are winnable; DEN is the most probably with HOU being a tossup since neither team will have anything to play for in week 17 except draft position. It all comes down to who wants the DEN game the least and I would put my money on the Colts with how badly they are tanking for Clappy McWoodchopper right now.

4-8 teams:
Houston Texans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Only 2 teams left that if we screw up and win a game (cough…DEN….cough) we will slide down the pick order. We obviously currently own the head-to-head tiebreaker with HOU so if we beat them again, we will be behind them if we tie in record. If we lose to them in week 17, then it comes down to the Conference record.

So, TLDR:

1. Root for DEN over IND in week 15
2. Root for CHI over CLE in week 16

If those 2 things happen, Colts (assuming we lose out) have the #4 overall pick.

3. Root for SF and Jimmy G to win 2 of their remaining games which I think is possible.

If that happens, Colts (assuming we lose out) have the #3 overall pick.

I don’t think we have a shot at #2 overall (NYG) or the #1 overall (CLE).

If we win a game (mostly likely DEN), then we will slide down but should not be out of the top ten.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Pez (12-04-2017), Spike (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:26 AM

I think SOS is the first tiebreaker, then conference record.

Indy will end up somewhere 3-6. I don't see the Brown or Giants winning another game. SF might though

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/rules/
Old 12-04-2017, 10:05 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Benching Eli means the Giants are tanking. They're not winning. And the Browns are the Browns. Agree 3rd is our ceiling. I do think SF has a shot with Garafolo at QB.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:50 AM

Tyrod Taylor may be out for the season. That makes the Buffalo game much more winnable. A 6 win season seems doable all of a sudden.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:00 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Tyrod Taylor may be out for the season. That makes the Buffalo game much more winnable. A 6 win season seems doable all of a sudden.
fuck
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
nate505 (12-06-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 12:28 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
yep, despite how bad we are, I think we have a shot against Buffalo, and the Denver and Houston games are definitely winnable.
Hopefully we'll get modest first half leads and then Pagano will find a way to screw it up in the 4th quarter.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
yep, despite how bad we are, I think we have a shot against Buffalo, and the Denver and Houston games are definitely winnable.
Hopefully we'll get modest first half leads and then Pagano will find a way to screw it up in the 4th quarter.
this has been the problem all season though

Most of the games have been "winnable". But they find a way to blow out.

My guess is a win vs Denver but nothing else. And that game might be 6-3 or so
Old 12-04-2017, 02:54 PM

LOL, Eli has been promoted to starting QB by the new Giants coach. I'm just glad that another franchises clown show is worse than ours.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-04-2017), Racehorse (12-04-2017), sherck (12-05-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 05:59 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
LOL, Eli has been promoted to starting QB by the new Giants coach. I'm just glad that another franchises clown show is worse than ours.
They broke his streak for absolutely no reason. What was it, 210 games? Shame.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:24 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
They broke his streak for absolutely no reason. What was it, 210 games? Shame.
i know that in the end it means nothing but could you imagine being a giants fan and seeing that play out?

it is exactly like something pagano and grigson would do