ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 06-17-2018, 02:13 PM

Default The other side of the ball

There's alot to be optimistic about on the offensive side of the ball for a change, but I can't shake the feeling that the Geathers/Hooker injuries are going to continue to be a problem for this season. And with a deficit of proven talent on D, that will be a significant problem for this new unit's development...........I hope I'm wrong but this just feels like the unwarranted optimism they had for Luck playing last season..........

“I think it will be good and because of the way the offseason goes where there are a couple guys where you get close and they’re probably close, but it’s like let’s just wait until training camp, get everybody out there, be at full strength,” Reich said. “That’s what we’re hoping and optimistic for because it’s a long grind.”

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/...training-camp/
Old 06-17-2018, 03:07 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I like the talent in the backfield. Based on their new head of athletic performance I'm optimistic about Hooker and Geathers. Wilson is going to be good for a long time. Desir and Hairston can be effective, especially if the new scheme fits their skill sets.

Beyond that though, this roster is a big question mark at best, and a shit show at worst. I'll never support cutting Hankins or Anderson. Our DTs went from a roster strength to a weakness for no reason. Our DEs will be mediocre. Our LBs haven't been good for over a decade. We'll get run on badly again this year, that's nothing new.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (06-18-2018), omahacolt (06-17-2018), sherck (06-18-2018), Spike (06-17-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 05:18 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I like the talent in the backfield. Based on their new head of athletic performance I'm optimistic about Hooker and Geathers. Wilson is going to be good for a long time. Desir and Hairston can be effective, especially if the new scheme fits their skill sets.

Beyond that though, this roster is a big question mark at best, and a shit show at worst. I'll never support cutting Hankins or Anderson. Our DTs went from a roster strength to a weakness for no reason. Our DEs will be mediocre. Our LBs haven't been good for over a decade. We'll get run on badly again this year, that's nothing new.
I'm with you, getting rid of Hankins and Anderson made no sense to me. Fucking coaches need to figure it out and not get rid of talent like those 2 guys.
Maniac (06-20-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 05:25 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

I'm interested to see how Basham looks in Year 2 + a 4-3. He showed some good speed off the edge a few times last year and I want to see if it translates into consistent pressure this go around.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:39 PM

I don't know what they cut those guys on the DL either

Most of the D is a big question mark

We may be back to the days of needing to score 30+ to win. Which will be frustrating. But it will still be more exciting and keep me more interested than the shitshow we watched last year.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:43 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
I don't know what they cut those guys on the DL either

Most of the D is a big question mark

We may be back to the days of needing to score 30+ to win. Which will be frustrating. But it will still be more exciting and keep me more interested than the shitshow we watched last year.
If this coaching staff can figure out when to call a time out and how to get the ball on the correct hash for the FG unit, it will be a quantum leap for the fans
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
sherck (06-18-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 11:24 PM
Post whore

Even though Reich is a rookie head coach, I believe he's already better than Pagano ever was. That right there will be an added bonus and improvement for the team.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:51 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Unfortunately agree about the defense. I just don’t know what we have. Maybe this will work out but I’m hoping I don’t have to watch games being lost because people run all over us. I think with all these young guys the first part of the year may be ugly. Hope I’m wrong again. Still looking forward to the season. At a minimum I hope I get to enjoy watching players mature It’s fun to see guys become good
Old 06-18-2018, 03:55 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

And I agree completely about the coaching. My wife says she’s looking forward to me not yelling and cursing about stupid coaching decisions
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 09:03 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
Even though Reich is a rookie head coach, I believe he's already better than Pagano ever was. That right there will be an added bonus and improvement for the team.
I'm hoping he's better. But until you see the guy in action, you never know. There are some people who are terrible decision makers under pressure. Reich has shown he's good on the field, so lets hope that's going to continue.