ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-26-2018, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Agreed, An early and late OT might be ok, but AC should have several more years, so we really only need 1. I don't get the 2 CBs thing in the more Zone based D we are playing, 1 at some point, but I think we can find some quality in FA also. We still need to find a dominant edge rusher. that is clearly job number 1.
As it stands right now we are tied for 4th in QB pressures.... but cannot protect Luck with no RT and a LT that is possible done. Quincy Wilson is not very good Moore is too small and we are basically starting 2nd string Cb's . Great CB's improve the pass rush.

I would be Ok with a DE but I think 3 Tech is just as important

this is how I see this team right now.... all could change in a few games or at seasons end
Old 09-26-2018, 11:56 AM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
As it stands right now we are tied for 4th in QB pressures.... but cannot protect Luck with no RT and a LT that is possible done. Quincy Wilson is not very good Moore is too small and we are basically starting 2nd string Cb's . Great CB's improve the pass rush.

I would be Ok with a DE but I think 3 Tech is just as important

this is how I see this team right now.... all could change in a few games or at seasons end
You think AC is possibly done? Because of a hamstring injury?
Old 09-26-2018, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
You think AC is possibly done? Because of a hamstring injury?

I think there might be more to it than that. If he tore his hammy he is out for the yr. He's not even practicing as far as I know. Hope hes back but like I said my order of need is based on right now
Old 09-26-2018, 01:04 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I think there might be more to it than that. If he tore his hammy he is out for the yr. He's not even practicing as far as I know. Hope hes back but like I said my order of need is based on right now
That is absurd
Old 09-26-2018, 02:21 PM

Based on where we draft and who is available take the best Pass Rusher or OT with first Pick.

Second Round WR, I am hoping for David Sills out of WV. With 2nd pick of 2nd Round either an OT or Pass Rusher based upon first Round choice.

Third Round CB or RB.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:25 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Bosa & Oilver will be gone top 3. Qb Justin Herbert is in there as well.

Again way early but I think the giants will be a drafting at least in the top 5 & will take Herbert. They have to take a qb this year. Just taking a quick look all the bottom tier teams drafted their franchise qb last year so the giants could trade down with us depending on where we finish & still land their future qb. Now Ballard has a bunch of draft capital that he can put together a trade to possibly move up to get Oliver or Bosa. Depending on what it takes to get either one of those guys I would certainly be willing to move up. Oilver & Bosa are impact game changers. This going to be a very intriguing draft.
I would go Oliver in that deal and not look back. They just don’t make DTs with that athletiscm and speed very often. Having him in the middle would keep Leonard free for the next decade plus provide little pocket for QBs to step into.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:35 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

If Colts take another OL in first round next year, I will be pissed.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-27-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 09:52 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
If Colts take another OL in first round next year, I will be pissed.
It does not matter to me where; but the Colts need to find another starting calibre OT for 2019 better than the likes of Good, Clark and Haeg.

I like those guys as depth but all are, at best, average NFL starters.

If that guy can be found in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, then great. Draft a DE or 3-tech in the 1st, a WR in the first 4 rounds, the OT and then defense all the rest of the way.

I am not demanded an OT in the first....but we need to add another starting quality one next year and free agency at OT is thin, thin, thin.

Top 15 OT UFAs for 2019 by 2018 salary:
32 year old Jared Veldheer
30 year old Bobby Massie
27 year old Seantrel Henderson
25 year old Erik Flowers
33 year old Ty Nsekhe
30 year old Ben Ijalana
26 year old Cameron Fleming
27 year old Cedric Ogbuehi
27 year old Ja'Wuan James
28 year old Brent Qvale
28 year old Jordan Mills
29 year old Byron Bell
26 year old Donovan Smith
28 year old LaAdrian Waddle

The ONLY guy that I am even mildly interested from the entire OT free agent class is Miami's Ja'Wuan james who is coming off his rookie contract (5th year as a former 1st round pick) but has only played in 50 of a possible 67 games in his career. He has started every game he has played in and played well but he has only played a full season twice in four years.

Miami currently has $21m of free cap space for 2019 which is fairly tight this time of year and while they have some high profile free agents, many are old (DE Cameron Wake 37 years old, DE William Hayes 33 years old, RB Frank Gore 35 years old, LT Sam Young 32 years old).

I cannot image that James will not be a pretty high priority to them and with the weather, lifestyle and state tax free conditions, he might be willing to give a hometown discount.

Other than James, no one else is better than Clark/Good/Haeg and we need better than them, IMO.

Walk Worthy,
Old 09-27-2018, 10:14 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

I'm just saying: this line already has 3 first-round picks and a high second-round pick as a reserve. It doesn't need more first-round picks. It needs health and consistency.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:24 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I'm just saying: this line already has 3 first-round picks and a high second-round pick as a reserve. It doesn't need more first-round picks. It needs health and consistency.
I agree, and this may cause some problems in the future when they need to resign people. However, if a possible starting LT is there I think I pull the trigger if all things being equal. They are so hard to find, I would use the pick. Of course, this depends how the board falls and who is there. I usually say BPA is the best step forward.

Depends how these OT's are ranked coming out. I suspect all the d-line coming out will be ranked higher.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 09-27-2018 at 10:27 AM.