ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-01-2023, 11:42 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Wow, that is a take, I have not seen anyone be anywhere near that high on Stroud.
He's a consensus top 5 pick, so most people must see franchise QB tools in him. Is he universally considered a bust waiting to happen? If not, I can't understand what is so radical about that?

All I can really say is watch his games. I watched his games against his two toughest opponents this year, as well as a few others. His best game was against the best defense in College Football, and he put his team in position to win that game. I will say that I don't think whoever came up with the notion that "Stroud only operates well within the structure of the offense" actually watched him play, or they think rolling out of the pocket to escape early pressure (usually coming from his blindside because his LT was bad) is part of the structure of Ohio State's offense. Besides that criticism, I haven’t really seen any other major criticism of Stroud from anyone.
Old 02-01-2023, 02:12 PM

Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He's a consensus top 5 pick, so most people must see franchise QB tools in him. Is he universally considered a bust waiting to happen? If not, I can't understand what is so radical about that?

All I can really say is watch his games. I watched his games against his two toughest opponents this year, as well as a few others. His best game was against the best defense in College Football, and he put his team in position to win that game. I will say that I don't think whoever came up with the notion that "Stroud only operates well within the structure of the offense" actually watched him play, or they think rolling out of the pocket to escape early pressure (usually coming from his blindside because his LT was bad) is part of the structure of Ohio State's offense. Besides that criticism, I haven’t really seen any other major criticism of Stroud from anyone.
I have seen reviews of Stroud on youtube that says he doesn't like getting hit and doesn't react well to pressure in his face. In fact I recall that he had one of the worst efficiencies of any NCAA QB when pressured.

I've watched some video on him. I will say that he probably can make all of the throws and has an above average arm and is plenty accurate but not elite accurate.

He's not a guy that will stand in the pocket and take hits to deliver the ball. In fact he's a lot like Baker Mayfield in that bails from the pocket when there is really no pressure.

I'll also say that he often (not always) benefitted from a clean pocket and wide open receivers.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
apballin (02-01-2023)
Old 02-01-2023, 04:28 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I have seen reviews of Stroud on youtube that says he doesn't like getting hit and doesn't react well to pressure in his face. In fact I recall that he had one of the worst efficiencies of any NCAA QB when pressured.

I've watched some video on him. I will say that he probably can make all of the throws and has an above average arm and is plenty accurate but not elite accurate.

He's not a guy that will stand in the pocket and take hits to deliver the ball. In fact he's a lot like Baker Mayfield in that bails from the pocket when there is really no pressure.

I'll also say that he often (not always) benefitted from a clean pocket and wide open receivers.
What QB other than Burrow would you say was more accurate coming out of college? That's the only QB I've graded with better accuracy.

As for the rolling out thing, I typically saw pressure coming from his blindside causing him to bail from the pocket. The QB I was reminded of when watching him roll out and what he did in those situations was Aaron Rodgers, because, like Rodgers, he always keeps his eyes downfield and look to make a play with his arm before trying to make a play with his legs. Perfect example of this is the first TD vs. Georgia.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:15 AM

Quote:
What QB other than Burrow would you say was more accurate coming out of college? That's the only QB I've graded with better accuracy.

As for the rolling out thing, I typically saw pressure coming from his blindside causing him to bail from the pocket. The QB I was reminded of when watching him roll out and what he did in those situations was Aaron Rodgers, because, like Rodgers, he always keeps his eyes downfield and look to make a play with his arm before trying to make a play with his legs. Perfect example of this is the first TD vs. Georgia.
Tell me, what QB likes to get hit !!??
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
JAFF (02-02-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 10:39 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
Tell me, what QB likes to get hit !!??
Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
JAFF (02-02-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Andrew Luck
RIGHT, and how did that work out for the Colts ??
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
JAFF (02-02-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 10:53 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
RIGHT, and how did that work out for the Colts ??
Can't account for a mental breakdown seven years in, especially on draft day. That's a fluke. Besides, what did your question have to do with what I was saying? Looked like a nonsequitur to the message you quoted.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:00 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

So while this thread has progressed, has any one figured out if Jeff Saturday has resigned?

Enquiring minds want to know
Old 02-02-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Can't account for a mental breakdown seven years in, especially on draft day. That's a fluke. Besides, what did your question have to do with what I was saying? Looked like a nonsequitur to the message you quoted.
Sorry, I meant to Quote YDFL Commish !!!
Old 02-02-2023, 11:29 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
So while this thread has progressed, has any one figured out if Jeff Saturday has resigned?

Enquiring minds want to know
No, why would he? His contract expired at the end of the year.