ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-30-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
He is not the same CB that he was before his 2015 injury but he is still a solid/good veteran presence that would help us greatly in 2017 with Davis out.

Colts have around $17m in free cap space to sign free agents. Giving him a portion of it would be prudent if the Colts want to try and compete for the division this year.

However, if instead they are angling for a high draft choice and Pagano being fired, then let some other NFL team pay him because I suspect he will be off the market fairly quickly. He will not make the $9m to $10m a year that he wants but I bet he signed for $7m a year.

Walk Worthy,

Seems a moot point. He's visiting the squeelers tonight and supposedly both have an interest in each other. Also, he's supposedly looking for an immediate contender sfter his experience with the cellar dwelling browns so not likely that he'd consider us if the steelers let him leave tonight without a contract.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:45 PM

signed with Steelers
3 years $27,000,000
1st year guaranteed at $7,000,000
Old 08-30-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
The upside is the way that this season is looking, if Luck's injury continues to be even worse than reported, then we should have a good shot at Sam Darnold.
Or the bluff of drafting him! Go Redskins !!!!!!
Old 08-31-2017, 07:03 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

As an aside, PIT signs Hayden to a 3-year, $27m deal (structure unknown).

However, right now, PIT only has about $4m to spend on free agents due to their free cap space ($8.5m), need to sign #52 and #53 to active roster, sign their practice squad and keep some churn space for the season.

Contract restructuring inbound for PIT to accommodate Hayden. I know that they think they are close to contending and that another good CB helps against the Cheats but that is a pretty high price to pay that is going to hamstring you all season long.

In addition, they only had $12m free of 2018 cap of which around $9m just got devoted to Hayden. I hope they win the SB in the next 2 years because their cap is just going to kill them going forward.

On the other hand, the Colts are sitting on about $16m in cap space to sign free agents and we are looking at around $60m free next year. Roll in the $16m from 2017 and we will have around $75m in free cap space next year for Ballard to go feasting on.

The cap is in great shape for us.

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Spike (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 08:55 AM
testcase448

Did I say 5-11 this season... I meant 4-12
What a disastrous wreck this is turning out t be
Old 08-31-2017, 09:00 AM

Haden is not worth $9 million a year
Old 08-31-2017, 09:02 AM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
As an aside, PIT signs Hayden to a 3-year, $27m deal (structure unknown).

However, right now, PIT only has about $4m to spend on free agents due to their free cap space ($8.5m), need to sign #52 and #53 to active roster, sign their practice squad and keep some churn space for the season.

Contract restructuring inbound for PIT to accommodate Hayden. I know that they think they are close to contending and that another good CB helps against the Cheats but that is a pretty high price to pay that is going to hamstring you all season long.

In addition, they only had $12m free of 2018 cap of which around $9m just got devoted to Hayden. I hope they win the SB in the next 2 years because their cap is just going to kill them going forward.

On the other hand, the Colts are sitting on about $16m in cap space to sign free agents and we are looking at around $60m free next year. Roll in the $16m from 2017 and we will have around $75m in free cap space next year for Ballard to go feasting on.

The cap is in great shape for us.

Walk Worthy,
Looks like Bell won't get his long term contract this year!