ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2020, 08:00 AM

Default 2020 Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

Holy Crud, there are about 10 guys that I want to pick still left on the board! I wish we could trade down and get five picks in the top half of the 2nd round; not possible but there are a ton of good guys there.

Some of the defensive backs fell that many thought were low 1st round / fringe 1st round talent. My guess is that one of our early 2nd picks will be defensive back because that appears to be where some of the value is.

Yetur Gross-Matos is hard to overlook as a potential long term starter at left DE taking over for Jabaal Sheard. While not the most athletic, he wins through power, position, hand fighting and a non-stop motor.

CB Trevon Diggs, CB Jaylon Johnson, and S Xavier Mckinney all look to be good value as guys who appear to fit our defense pretty well and could easily be rated by the Colts as 1st round guys.

The choices at WR are insane with Mims, Pittman and Higgins all still on the board and Claypool just a bit later down the list.

Ezra Cleeland, Josh Jones and Robert Hunt are all offensive tackles still on the board that I think have left OT starter potential.

The choices are incredible; I could see a trade back from #34 if it is not too far back to pick up an additional 3rd round pick.

Thoughts?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-24-2020), Spike (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 08:42 AM

A.J. Epenesa looks like the best player left in the draft, i am surprised he fell out of the 1st round.

Other than him, i don't think that there are any shock players that are still available. Everyone else was scheduled back end of the 1st/early 2nd.

Another guy that i would love it if we were to get is Minnesota safety Antoine Winfield Jr. looks like Bob Sanders all over again.

Looks like we have some really nice guys still available with some depth at our primary positions of need.....loads of choices at WR, S Winfield, Chinn, Dugger are all guys i would be delighted should they end up wearing the horseshoe. DE still has Yetur-Gross and Epenesa, CB's Diggs, Jaylon Johnson and Fulton, Tackles still available Josh Jones, Hunt, Cleveland.
If somehow we could end up with 3 of these guys by the end of todays draft i would be incredibly happy.

The 2nd day of the draft in my opinion is always the best day, where all the value is had.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (04-24-2020), Racehorse (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 09:21 AM

i agree we fit the need on defence and get a wr later. how about fromm or eason if they fall into 3rd rd
Old 04-24-2020, 09:27 AM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

I wouldn’t be mad to see us double dip at wr here.

Although Winfield and a wr would work as well
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 09:34 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
Holy Crud, there are about 10 guys that I want to pick still left on the board! I wish we could trade down and get five picks in the top half of the 2nd round; not possible but there are a ton of good guys there.

Some of the defensive backs fell that many thought were low 1st round / fringe 1st round talent. My guess is that one of our early 2nd picks will be defensive back because that appears to be where some of the value is.

Yetur Gross-Matos is hard to overlook as a potential long term starter at left DE taking over for Jabaal Sheard. While not the most athletic, he wins through power, position, hand fighting and a non-stop motor.

CB Trevon Diggs, CB Jaylon Johnson, and S Xavier Mckinney all look to be good value as guys who appear to fit our defense pretty well and could easily be rated by the Colts as 1st round guys.

The choices at WR are insane with Mims, Pittman and Higgins all still on the board and Claypool just a bit later down the list.

Ezra Cleeland, Josh Jones and Robert Hunt are all offensive tackles still on the board that I think have left OT starter potential.

The choices are incredible; I could see a trade back from #34 if it is not too far back to pick up an additional 3rd round pick.

Thoughts?
Gross Matos and Epenesa are over valued by the draft analyst crowd. Supposedly NFL teams are not as high on them. Matos has a bunch of good plays and if you only look at those he looks fantastic. Problem is he has even more bad plays and looks awful in them.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:05 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

No temptation on taking a Qb?
Old 04-24-2020, 10:08 AM

Thanked 1,240 Times in 695 Posts

Taking a wr in the second is an absolute necessity but I could be convinced of taking Ezra Cleveland with our first pick. He’s the only tackle I see the value in while we can get a solid guard later. If they decide to roll with Castonzo I wouldn’t be shocked if they grabbed Blacklock since Ballard loves those trenches. Ultimately though I think we trade one of our picks and move back.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:11 AM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post

I wouldn't select any of the remaining QB's in Round 2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-24-2020), Spike (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 10:14 AM

Thanked 1,240 Times in 695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Perhaps but I would guess they either use the second pick on Eason or more likely trade back and pick him up later in the 2nd. I don’t believe he will be there in the third. I believe that taking Gordon or Morgan later is another strong possibility.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thorgrim For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 10:43 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Perhaps but I would guess they either use the second pick on Eason or more likely trade back and pick him up later in the 2nd. I don’t believe he will be there in the third. I believe that taking Gordon or Morgan later is another strong possibility.
Thanks. I dont follow college football that closely, so I’m leaning on the members here for info.