ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-17-2017, 09:21 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Did I miss it or were there any designed outside runs or tosses? Or even RB screens? I don't remember any. Even when TN was blitzing the A gaps hard and the space was there. Seems like a way they could've "gotten Mack the ball more".
Old 10-17-2017, 09:31 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Did I miss it or were there any designed outside runs or tosses? Or even RB screens? I don't remember any. Even when TN was blitzing the A gaps hard and the space was there. Seems like a way they could've "gotten Mack the ball more".
There are many ways they could have gotten Mack the ball more. They didn't bother doing any of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Gruden made a comment about how we had a great screen coach and had been running a lot of screens. At that point I could recall two screens max. Mack tried to get a run outside, but he wasn't in the game much. he supposedly doesn't block well enough to be used in the screen game that we barely ever run.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:43 AM
Accidental Administrator

Shout out to John Simon... Yes, the pick six was a gift, but he executed (see that Donte?) and managed to outrun DeMarco Murray. That god he didn't have that far to go. I thought he had a great game all around, was always near the ball.

And I don't pretend to know a ton about football, but if they are bracketing TY Hilton, it seems we could have made an adjustment at halftime that would burn them for doing that. Yes, we have to get the ball to our best player, but if they are taking that away there SHOULD be some level of cost for committing personnel to take away Hilton.

I am pissed I was so high on Jack Doyle and he is sucking so badly now.

In all, I thought our defense played well, but I don't think we can expect them to survive 3 consecutive 3 and outs. They almost kept us in the game. By the fourth quarter I knew the defense would not be able to keep us in it. It's sad because I thought they had one of their better games.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:46 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Actual Chuck Pagano postgame quote: “Yeah, we’ve got to figure out a way to probably get [Marlon Mack] the ball more.”
Like I said a post or two ago, I don't know much about football, but it seems like having Mack on the field when you snap the ball is a good first step.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
edgeman (10-18-2017), Oldcolt (10-17-2017), Racehorse (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 09:48 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Irsay insisted that Ballard keep Pagano for this season.

That’s a less than ideal start and an interjection to begin with.
I figured that was due more to the late firing of grigson. Regardless, it is ballards show now. Do all other teams have a team president? Seems very unnecessary
Old 10-17-2017, 10:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Indystu2

Good stuff as usual GBB. I would add:

- Time and again I watch terrible angles and missed tackles
- Looked like the play call was late getting to the QB that caused use to burn 2 TO's
- If I can read the number on the back of the pass defender when the ball arrives - he got burned
- D got a sack because the QB with a bad hammy slid while SCRAMBLING - nice pass rush.

Stu
Old 10-17-2017, 10:55 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

One thing I forgot to mention, because unlike Dam I can admit when I'm wrong about things: I was wrong to advocate for this team to make re-signing Darius Butler a priority. There's a reason they took their sweet time to do so and no one else was making a strong play for him. He's looked really, really bad this season.

I thought he could transition to a third safety role and help out there. Whoops.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

You really like getting pissed off over irrelevant shit, like when a timeout was taken when the defense can't get you the ball back anyway.

Should they have used Mack more? Probably, but they also tried a few times to use him in the passing game, which were unsuccessful due to bad throws. Mack should've been getting all of Turbin's time, hopefully he will now that Turbin is hurt. You seem to think this is a fireable offense, which means you'd go through pretty much every coach in the NFL.

Also, not playing a rookie who is coming off an injury is not the absolute worst thing a coach could do. Vontae Davis didn't exactly look sharp in his first week back from injury, and he's a talented veteran leader. If Quincy Wilson had gone out and gotten burned up and down the field, you'd be just as critical of Pagano for playing him. Just like with the decision to start Tolzien Week 1. Sure, in hindsight it looks dumb, but if Brissett had gone out and performed poorly, Pagano would've been awful for putting someone out there with no understanding of the offense or playbook.

I guess that's the odd thing about all of this to me. Everyone on this board calls me pointing out the flaws in their arguments or blatant hypocrisy "defending Pagano" when the reality is I haven't cared what happened with Pagano for over 2 seasons now. Make valid points.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-19-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 11:42 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
You really like getting pissed off over irrelevant shit, like when a timeout was taken when the defense can't get you the ball back anyway.

Should they have used Mack more? Probably, but they also tried a few times to use him in the passing game, which were unsuccessful due to bad throws. Mack should've been getting all of Turbin's time, hopefully he will now that Turbin is hurt. You seem to think this is a fireable offense, which means you'd go through pretty much every coach in the NFL.

Also, not playing a rookie who is coming off an injury is not the absolute worst thing a coach could do. Vontae Davis didn't exactly look sharp in his first week back from injury, and he's a talented veteran leader. If Quincy Wilson had gone out and gotten burned up and down the field, you'd be just as critical of Pagano for playing him. Just like with the decision to start Tolzien Week 1. Sure, in hindsight it looks dumb, but if Brissett had gone out and performed poorly, Pagano would've been awful for putting someone out there with no understanding of the offense or playbook.

I guess that's the odd thing about all of this to me. Everyone on this board calls me pointing out the flaws in their arguments or blatant hypocrisy "defending Pagano" when the reality is I haven't cared what happened with Pagano for over 2 seasons now. Make valid points.
No Damold. Stop your fake news

The odd thing is you put no responsibilities on the head coach. Everything is either the gm or players. You think the coach does nothing. Problem is, the issues with this team are the same and span many assistants, 2 gms, and many different players. There is a common denominator and that is pagano.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (10-17-2017), Racehorse (10-17-2017), Spike (10-21-2017), YDFL Commish (10-17-2017)