ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Agree. But not any of the the tight ends only the top two. And I certainly hope we don’t have to go that way
I like Irv Smith, I think he was under utilized at Bama. He can really move and if you have a QB who can get him the ball I think he could do some real yac damage on a team.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:54 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Have you watched Tillery's Stanford tape? It's likely his best game, but he dominated Stanford's OL for most of that game. I counted 4 sacks, plenty of gap penetration, near constant double teams, and an occasional triple team. If his other film looks similar at all to that game, I'd be fine with drafting him at 26.
Yes, I have. He's basically Corey Redding. He would beat interior guys with power and a good swim move, but he isn't a guy who consistently beats a double-team by shooting the gap before the OL can get their hands on him.

Last edited by VeveJones007; 04-04-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
We won't use a first rounder to pick a guy who will be a backup for a year. Plus Clark is there even if Castonzo is not re-signed.
What's a matter with you, this is a fan posting site, you are making way too much sense.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Who are you hoping to get at 26 and 34?
A hot blonde and a tall red head.

Oh, you mean the draft?

I haven't the slightest idea. What I do know is that the Colts couldn't get to the QB on a regular basis, so that would be a good place to start. DT, DE, hell even a LB and you blitz him, but they need to either cover better or go get the QB.

Here's an ideal, TRADE UP. Get the DL guy you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (04-05-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 05:33 PM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Have you watched Tillery's Stanford tape? It's likely his best game, but he dominated Stanford's OL for most of that game. I counted 4 sacks, plenty of gap penetration, near constant double teams, and an occasional triple team. If his other film looks similar at all to that game, I'd be fine with drafting him at 26.
I have, that's why I can't believe that he's being pigeon holed as a 5-tech. To me his tap shows that he could play any spot on the DL in a 3-4 and can play NT or UT in our 4-3.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I like Dre’mont, if we love Lewis, they have to be looking at Dre’mont as well. I would be more than happy with him. I like a guy with advanced technique like he does.

I think Tillery can do it. You have to examine what he was asked to do when considering. For example Ed Oliver was asked to 0-tech almost half of his snap, maybe more. But when he was asked to 3-tech he was pretty effective. Up there with the other tackles. Tillery just wasn’t always asked to do it. But yeah the Stanford game as Dam said is s good game to look at.
I like Jones as well, but feel that he may be redundant with Lewis and Autry.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 06:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Yes, I have. He's basically Corey Redding. He would beat interior guys with power and a good swim move, but he isn't a guy who consistently beats a double-team by shooting the gap before the OL can get their hands on him.
After watching more tape of each, I have Tillery slightly ahead of Jones for one reason: consistency. I'll give you that Jones's athleticism is off the charts, especially his first step/explosiveness, but it also gets him in trouble at times. I watched Jones get washed out of plays trying to knife a gap so many times. TCU ran right at his gap twice for long TDs because he was trying to make the big play rather than keeping gap contain. Tillery, meanwhile, still creates good gap penetration while also making the routine plays and not getting washed out often. As for your Cory Redding comparison, getting a player that productive at 26 would be a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I have, that's why I can't believe that he's being pigeon holed as a 5-tech. To me his tap shows that he could play any spot on the DL in a 3-4 and can play NT or UT in our 4-3.
I agree with this assessment other than I don't think he could 2 gap in a 3-4 as a NT. Other than that, yes, I love the versatility and consistency he'd bring to the interior DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I like Jones as well, but feel that he may be redundant with Lewis and Autry.
He is. He'd be a UT/DE, just like the other two. The Colts need someone who can play UT and NT more.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:

I agree with this assessment other than I don't think he could 2 gap in a 3-4 as a NT. Other than that, yes, I love the versatility and consistency he'd bring to the interior DL.
No, I probably wouldn't play him there every down, but on passing downs he could play there.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:24 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
After watching more tape of each, I have Tillery slightly ahead of Jones for one reason: consistency. I'll give you that Jones's athleticism is off the charts, especially his first step/explosiveness, but it also gets him in trouble at times. I watched Jones get washed out of plays trying to knife a gap so many times. TCU ran right at his gap twice for long TDs because he was trying to make the big play rather than keeping gap contain. Tillery, meanwhile, still creates good gap penetration while also making the routine plays and not getting washed out often. As for your Cory Redding comparison, getting a player that productive at 26 would be a win.

He is. He'd be a UT/DE, just like the other two. The Colts need someone who can play UT and NT more.
I’m not sure enough for it to warrant such a high pick. I’d much rather take one of those other players I listed at DL/EDGE/CB/SS.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I’m not sure enough for it to warrant such a high pick. I’d much rather take one of those other players I listed at DL/EDGE/CB/SS.
Well if Brian Burns is there, obviously take him, a legitimate pass rusher is the most important thing to have outside of a QB. Almost every source suggests he won't be, however, and Tillery might be the best available at 26. I'd take Tillery over Christian Wilkins, and I don't think the value is there at CB or SS. I haven't really watched any of Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen yet, but Tillery vs. Stanford is the best performance I've seen by a DL prospect since Chubb vs. FSU. To me, the tape and the measurables both show a great fit for the Colts defense, so I'd take him unless one of the guys like Sweat or Oliver falls to 26.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (04-05-2019)