ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-04-2021, 02:16 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

If the Colts win tonight, it will have been 4 out of their last 6 ...... it started with the win over the Dolphins on October 3rd.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2110030mia.htm

I'm really hoping that this team winds up going on a run similar to the 2008 team, who started out at 3-4 with a sore-kneed Peyton Manning, then wound up finishing at 12-4 after Manning's knee completely healed.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../2008/gamelog/

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

Yeah, that’s beating the 4 bad teams out of the last 6 that they’ve played so far. They still haven’t beaten a team with a winning record.

o

Correct ...... and they will have numerous chances before the end of this season to show that they are more like the team that beat the Packers last year than the team that can't seem to do more than give good teams a run for their money this year.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-04-2021, 03:08 PM

Thanked 1,570 Times in 892 Posts

I would love it if for once in the last several years, they would NOT play to the level of their opponent. It seems like nearly every game (with the exception that proves the rule being the Texans game this year), against good teams and against bad teams, they make it seem like they are on equal footing.

For once, or I suppose for the second time in a long time, stomp the hell out of the opponent from the opening kick off. What's that Conan the Barbarian quote? "...crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women." This. Do this tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
Puck (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 03:12 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post

I would love it if for once in the last several years, they would NOT play to the level of their opponent. It seems like nearly every game (with the exception that proves the rule being the Texans game this year), against good teams and against bad teams, they make it seem like they are on equal footing.

For once, or I suppose for the second time in a long time, stomp the hell out of the opponent from the opening kick-off. What's that Conan the Barbarian quote??? "...crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women." This. Do this tonight.

o

Last year, the Colts beat the Jets by a score of 36-7.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/...020-03-nyj-ind

We're all obviously hoping for a similar result, although I do believe that this year's Jets team is better than last year's team ...... they own 2 major upset wins over the Bengals and the Titans.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-04-2021, 04:53 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Jets are a bad team. Colts usually beat bad teams. Mediocre teams are often like that.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Someone said that int to end the game was the worst read they’ve ever seen an NFL quarterback make and I don’t disagree. That was horrific.

Still, you’re probably right. He just hasn’t shown me he can be more than just a talented guy who will always be not quite good enough.
I won’t disagree that it was bad, it was, but I’ve seen Peyton and Luck make bad reads too. My biggest worry is that he presses too much, gets tunnel vision in high pressure situations and when forced makes errors.

However with everyone concentrating on his errors bc of last season, I feel we are waiting for them to happen then over analyze. He think he is still over 100 QBR. I want to see the whole picture. I don’t need him to be a franchise QB, just a good one. Throwing 51 times is not his game and shouldn’t be ours.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

I want to get this in before all the the freak the fuck out posts start happening.

The Jets passing D is HORRIBLE. They are much better at run D. Jets will do theirbest to take JT out of the equation. If/when you see 2 deep safeties. It will be a run, If it is ONE safety. We will pass the ball.

I wouldn't expect less passing unless we get a lead. THEN if Wentz starts changing out of RUN I would hope we se SE come in. Actually I kinda hope we DO see Sam get in the game.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:56 PM

Thanked 1,250 Times in 701 Posts

Indy doesn’t need to pass 30 times to win this game. New York has proved to be unable to stop the run and Taylor, if showcased properly, can easily break 100 yds. Wentz needs to calm his ass down and just manage the game while occasionally testing the jets on play action with intermediate routes and a couple deep balls. If Eberflush stops with the soft zone and show some aggression I think White is good for a couple ints and hopefully a lost fumble. I can’t imagine we lose the turnover battle if Wentz doesn’t feel the need to play hero ball. If Reich calls just a decent game and has them play disciplined I see an easy 27-13 victory.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:07 PM
Administrator

RUN D rankings

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...yards-per-game

PASS D rankings

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...yards-per-game

Jets SUCK at pass D They are close to us at RUN D

IF they stack the box. Wentz will throw for 350+
CletusPyle (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 07:11 PM
Administrator

If the Jets play 2 deep JT will have 100 before 3rd quarter and we will see Mack get 60+
Old 11-04-2021, 07:38 PM
Administrator

I believe we will see more Mack now since they didn't get a trade. They can run him to death and save JT.