ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-04-2021, 11:43 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I’ve said I don’t think Wentz is a winner, so I’m not exactly one to defend him. However, without context of what plays he checked out of and the defensive alignment I don’t think we can say it was him playing hero ball. Identifying the defense and getting into a favorable play is good QB play. But we don’t know which it was without more information.
To be honest, last week soured me considerably on Wentz. Those ints were not winning plays and I wonder if the folks in Philly weren’t right about him.

Maybe he just doesn’t have what it takes.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:58 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Thanks for the info Puck. If Wentz checked out because he wants to be a hero, then Reich needs to get all over his ass. If he checked out because the D was keyed up to stop the run, then OK. That's why it would be interesting to know what happened on the check outs. Were they successful? Were they failures? Half and half? Who knows?
Reich seems to be okay with it (obviously we have no concept of the truth behind the curtain), and if so, more confirmation that the dude is an idiot.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
To be honest, last week soured me considerably on Wentz. Those ints were not winning plays and I wonder if the folks in Philly weren’t right about him.

Maybe he just doesn’t have what it takes.
I’m going to wait till the end of the season. He’s had some good games and all QBs make mistakes. Really, his play should already have lead to more wins, but a multitude of bad luck and mistakes in other areas have brought us to where we are.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (11-04-2021), Spike (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 12:11 PM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I’m going to wait till the end of the season. He’s had some good games and all QBs make mistakes. Really, his play should already have lead to more wins, but a multitude of bad luck and mistakes in other areas have brought us to where we are.
This is how I feel....besides, just drafting the highest prospect QB available in the draft is no guarantee he is not going to be a bust!
Old 11-04-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Someone said that int to end the game was the worst read they’ve ever seen an NFL quarterback make and I don’t disagree. That was horrific.

Still, you’re probably right. He just hasn’t shown me he can be more than just a talented guy who will always be not quite good enough.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:46 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post

9-game winning streak starts tonight ...... Colts win big !!!

o

If the Colts win tonight, it will have been 4 out of their last 6 ...... it started with the win over the Dolphins on October 3rd.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2110030mia.htm

I'm really hoping that this team winds up going on a run similar to the 2008 team, who started out at 3-4 with a sore-kneed Peyton Manning, then wound up finishing at 12-4 after Manning's knee completely healed.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../2008/gamelog/

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Spike (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

If the Colts win tonight, it will have been 4 out of their last 6 ...... it started with the win over the Dolphins on October 3rd.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2110030mia.htm

I'm really hoping that this team winds up going on a run similar to the 2008 team, who started out at 3-4 with a sore-kneed Peyton Manning, then wound up finishing at 12-4 after Manning's knee completely healed.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../2008/gamelog/

o
Yeah, that’s beating the 4 bad teams out of the last 6 they’ve played. They still haven’t beaten a team with a winning record.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 01:37 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Can you imagine the reaction if the Colts lose this game? Hard Knocks might win an Emmy award.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:59 PM

6 instances?? That means we intended to throw the ball on 45 occasions!!! We were winning this game handily, should automatically be running the ball after being up 14 points. I don't care if there are 9 men in the box, until they prove they can stop your running game you keep giving it to Taylor, Mack etc. Tennessee never stopped our run game, the Colts did.

I would love to see the Colts run the ball 35 times and only throw the ball 25. I bet we win most games if we did that! That is how our offense is setup, we have a great run blocking offensive line, we are weak at receiver at the moment, why would you want to throw the ball more than you run it?
Old 11-04-2021, 02:16 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post

Can you imagine the reaction if the Colts lose this game ??? Hard Knocks might win an Emmy award.

o

Yes, I can imagine ...... and I hope that that notion stays right there, in my imagination.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck