ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2021, 07:19 PM

Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,757 Posts
Default quick thoughts on the tits

1) as daedge pointed out. throwing the ball 51 times with a dipshit like carson wentz isn't winning football. as we saw. now i don't know about heavy boxes or what not but when you have the weapons we have (not much) you have to keep using your go to guys. and that is taylor.

2) wentz isn't the guy. many off target passes today. he fumbles every game. we all saw the debacle at the end of the game. ballard gave up too much for that caliber of player. wentz can beat bad teams but he isn't the guy we need to lead the team and he doesn't have the brain to ever be a top 10 qb.

3) taylor should see 25 touches a game. he should be a focal point of the offense. not an afterthought.

4) rotating linemen is fucking retarded and nobody but the colts does it. stop. play the best fucking players and stop fucking around.

5) fisher looked better this week. that was a positive. okerereke has been playing better of late as well.

6) Odum was very visible when he got a good run of snaps. he should be the first safety off the bench.

7) year after year pascal is essentially our #2 wr. that is a fucking failure by ballard. i like pascal. if he is getting more than 25% of the offensive snaps then you are bad at your job.

8) turay is the wentz of the defense. just a moron that occasionally makes a good play.

9) pittman jr is a fucking man.

10) paye was mostly invisible again. kid has to learn to rush the passer. we have no pass rush. a problem for years that hasn't been properly addressed and the entire defense is a joke because of it.

11) 8-15 yards over the middle is open every single play. what the fuck? why is that every single game?

12) we aren't close to really competing as i see it. we have major holes. ballard needs to get to fucking bringing in talent or he needs to see the fucking door.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (10-31-2021), daedge (11-01-2021), Dewey 5 (10-31-2021), dwilli57 (11-01-2021), njcoltfan (10-31-2021), Racehorse (11-01-2021), rm1369 (10-31-2021), Spike (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 07:25 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

As I see it, today means it’s time to start looking toward next season. We’re stuck with Reich for the foreseeable future which means we’re stuck with Wentz for the foreseeable future. Might as well get used to it.

I feel like today is the day I realized we are never winning anything with Reich.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
As I see it, today means it’s time to start looking toward next season. We’re stuck with Reich for the foreseeable future which means we’re stuck with Wentz for the foreseeable future. Might as well get used to it.

I feel like today is the day I realized we are never winning anything with Reich.
we lack talent all over the board. reich isn't the main issue
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Bullshit. Today and the Baltimore game should have been wins if not for Reichs stupidity. They also played the Rams down to the wire and had an opportunity to win that game. Teams completely devoid of talent don’t do those things. See Houston and Detroit.

Ballard has had some whiffs for sure but this season is squarely on Reichs shoulders. At least as much as Ballard.

Also, I think you’re being a little harsh on point 7. Hilton and Campbell were supposed to be the 2nd and 3rd wide receivers and they’re both hurt.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Butter (11-01-2021), Luck4Reich (10-31-2021), nate505 (10-31-2021), rcubed (11-01-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
It’s not Ballard who’s throwing 51 times and running the stud running back 16 times. It’s not Ballard giving said stud running back 18 carries in a fucking monsoon, including zero in the critical stage of the game, late in the 4th quarter.

You can quibble with some of Ballards flaws, but as someone else said, Tony Dungy would have this team at 6-2 at least.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-31-2021), Luck4Reich (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Hell, your point number 3 is a direct indictment of Reich. Everything on offense should START with Taylor. We’ve all been saying that all season long.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Spike (11-01-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 07:51 PM

Hell, look at the Titans. Win or lose, they’re going to ride their best player. That’s why Derrick Henry got less than 70 yards on 28 carries. That offense flows through Henry. He is their identity.

What’s the Colts identity on offense? They don’t have one. They have a coach who is convinced he’s the smartest guy in the stadium every week.

It’s ridiculous.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-31-2021), ChoppedWood (10-31-2021), njcoltfan (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Bullshit. Today and the Baltimore game should have been wins if not for Reichs stupidity. They also played the Rams down to the wire and had an opportunity to win that game. Teams completely devoid of talent don’t do those things. See Houston and Detroit.

Ballard has had some whiffs for sure but this season is squarely on Reichs shoulders. At least as much as Ballard.

Also, I think you’re being a little harsh on point 7. Hilton and Campbell were supposed to be the 2nd and 3rd wide receivers and they’re both hurt.
you are relying on campbell to play?

the jets beat the bengals. are they good? i am not saying reich is a perfect coach but the complete failure to get pass rushers, quality wr depth and secondary is a major issue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (10-31-2021), Oldcolt (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:

the jets beat the bengals. are they good? i am not saying reich is a perfect coach but the complete failure to get pass rushers, quality wr depth and secondary is a major issue
I mean, how many guys do you want him to sign? They signed Coutee after Campbell got hurt. They have Strachan and Patmon, who they apparently don’t trust enough to give a shot.

Who do you think he should have signed?
Old 10-31-2021, 08:09 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:

Yes, this is the issue. I think if we had a decent pass rush everything else would take care of itself. We don't and that is on both Ballard (mostly), Reich and his staff in my opinion. They decided to draft raw physically talented people who were not good football players. They believed that the coaching staff could turn them into good players because the Colts were so good at getting the 'right' kind of player (whatever the hell that is). So far not so good. Stupid, stubborn play calling doesn't help but this team is in no way talented enough to do damage in the playoffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (11-01-2021)