ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2021, 07:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
. Hell I'd put money on even Pagano ia at least 4-4 at this point.
Stop it!
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-01-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 07:28 PM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
I definitely will not give Ballard a pass on anything... He has made some bad draft picks too. Reich has straight up lost 3 games this year by being a stubborn idiot... AGAIN... You have an amazing running back but choose time and time again to go away from him when he is having success. This team is easily 6-2 under a Dungy or even a Caldwell. Hell I'd put money on even Pagano ia at least 4-4 at this point. Reich is just not a good coach. He will hang on to the job a few years while guys like Taylor are Leonard are wasted and gone by the time a new coach takes over.
Let's not get ridiculous here. I agree we'd be better off with Dungy and Caldwell, but I have no doubt he would have a worse record and been blown out by 20+ points today if Clappy, Chud, and Monchichi were still in charge. Then we'd have to hear the age old "We just have to go chop more wood." after the embarrassing performance.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:33 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Let's not get ridiculous here. I agree we'd be better off with Dungy and Caldwell, but I have no doubt he would have a worse record and been blown out by 20+ points today if Clappy, Chud, and Monchichi were still in charge. Then we'd have to hear the age old "We just have to go chop more wood." after the embarrassing performance.
I guess you missed where Reich has already blown more 11 point leads as a coach in less than half the games of Pagano lol
Old 10-31-2021, 07:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,682 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
Well said. I think Ballard gets a pass from a lot of people due to how god awful Grigs was. Ballard has shit the bed in at least 2 drafts ('17 and '19) and hasn't done shit in FA. Even in his good drafts he's completely thrown away high draft picks (2nd rounders on Turray and Lewis for example). Much better than Grigs obviously but still not great at all when looking at his track record independently.
He’s had some hits in FA for the most part. Good signings that played above their contract. Should have kept Autry though. He just won’t sign big name FAs. His worst signing was that receiver that guy hurt right away.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:35 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
we need pass rushers, qb and a left tackle

that doesn't even touch the secondary

this team needs a lot of talent added
I agree they do but how long are we ok with Reich not using the few weapons he does have? Is he trying to prove something with his supposed chemistry with Wentz?
Old 10-31-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I guess you missed where Reich has already blown more 11 point leads as a coach in less than half the games of Pagano lol
That's b/c we rarely if ever had a big lead with Clappy at the helm unless it was against a horrible team like Jax. Most often we'd fall way behind and then let Luck play hero ball in the second half. Sometimes that worked out, but it also led to plenty of blowout losses as well (along with a once in a generation talent quitting on his team).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
nate505 (10-31-2021), omahacolt (10-31-2021), Racehorse (11-01-2021), Spike (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 07:54 PM

Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:
I agree they do but how long are we ok with Reich not using the few weapons he does have? Is he trying to prove something with his supposed chemistry with Wentz?
reich has his issues. i am not arguing otherwise
Old 10-31-2021, 08:02 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,682 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
we need pass rushers, qb and a left tackle

that doesn't even touch the secondary

this team needs a lot of talent added
This.

This is not a complete team.

What successful team has no premiere pass rusher? No shutdown corner? No LT (although I do think Fisher is still hurt and we aren’t getting the full player) and only one serviceable WR.

Our QB can play well but I think we just saw his flaws big and up close.

This team needs work and we are in year five of Ballard. This is why teams dig into FA. Because it takes forever to build a team only through the draft.
Old 10-31-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
He’s had some hits in FA for the most part. Good signings that played above their contract. Should have kept Autry though. He just won’t sign big name FAs. His worst signing was that receiver that guy hurt right away.
Hasn't done shit is probably harsh b/c he has brought in a couple of guys who were productive. The point I was trying to make is that he hasn't brought in real difference makers, and the few guys he has brought in who were productive (Autry, Houston) he let go when their contracts were up. This would be fine if Ballard was a better drafter than what he is, but he's proven to be average to slightly above average.
Old 10-31-2021, 10:06 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Hasn't done shit is probably harsh b/c he has brought in a couple of guys who were productive. The point I was trying to make is that he hasn't brought in real difference makers, and the few guys he has brought in who were productive (Autry, Houston) he let go when their contracts were up. This would be fine if Ballard was a better drafter than what he is, but he's proven to be average to slightly above average.
I’ve heard that Autry wasn’t interested in resigning here because he felt slighted when they didn’t extend him last year. But I agree, he should have been resigned if possible.

I’m not so sure on Houston. He has a whopping 2 sacks this year on a team that has fewer sacks than the Colts do. I think he’s finished and we wouldn’t be any better with him.