ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2021, 05:58 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewtone View Post
I would add as a side note that the 4th round TE that can't touch the field except in some gimmick play that gets blown up was pretty much Reich's pick.
Word is he has great character though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-31-2021), Luck4Reich (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 06:11 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Ballard has found some players, but he hasn’t built a team ready to win. Having the best LG and best off ball LB are great, but they don’t mean shit without a pass rush, LT, QB or CBs. When you have major questions at the most important positions you simply aren’t going to consistently win. Ballard is untouchable in most of Colts fandom though. So Reich is the sacrifice. He deserves some of it, but he’s also coaching a majorly flawed team.
I definitely will not give Ballard a pass on anything... He has made some bad draft picks too. Reich has straight up lost 3 games this year by being a stubborn idiot... AGAIN... You have an amazing running back but choose time and time again to go away from him when he is having success. This team is easily 6-2 under a Dungy or even a Caldwell. Hell I'd put money on even Pagano ia at least 4-4 at this point. Reich is just not a good coach. He will hang on to the job a few years while guys like Taylor are Leonard are wasted and gone by the time a new coach takes over.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-31-2021), Hoopsdoc (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 06:17 PM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
I definitely will not give Ballard a pass on anything... He has made some bad draft picks too. Reich has straight up lost 3 games this year by being a stubborn idiot... AGAIN... You have an amazing running back but choose time and time again to go away from him when he is having success. This team is easily 6-2 under a Dungy or even a Caldwell. Hell I'd put money on even Pagano ia at least 4-4 at this point. Reich is just not a good coach. He will hang on to the job a few years while guys like Taylor are Leonard are wasted and gone by the time a new coach takes over.
Maybe just not z good play caller?
Old 10-31-2021, 06:23 PM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

So I wasn't able too watch the game today, due to being stuck in O'Hare with multiple cancelled flights and re-bookings. Thanks American Airlines!

But, why were there so many incompletions? Was it dropped passes, inaccuracy, solid pass defense... all.of the above?
Old 10-31-2021, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewtone View Post
I would add as a side note that the 4th round TE that can't touch the field except in some gimmick play that gets blown up was pretty much Reich's pick.
Was the 4th rounder from the year before Ballard’s pick? You know the one they cut because he apparently sucks and they wanted a vet. Of course this is immediately after he gets thrown in to a potential game winning situation because Ballard didn’t sign a vet backup. Or was that Reich as well? The shit OL play that got their often injured QB injured (again, with no backup), was that Reich too? How about Taylor and Pittman? I’m guessing those were all Ballard and guys like Campbell and Banogu were all Reich.

This is exactly the shit I’m talking about. You guys have your scapegoat and now everything is his fault.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (10-31-2021), TheMugwump (11-01-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 06:24 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
So I wasn't able too watch the game today, due to being stuck in O'Hare with multiple cancelled flights and re-bookings. Thanks American Airlines!

But, why were there so many incompletions? Was it dropped passes, inaccuracy, solid pass defense... all.of the above?
All of the above. Dulin is just not an NFL WR. Wentz was high all game.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
All of the above. Dulin is just not an NFL WR. Wentz was high all game.
Yeah, Wentz was throwing high especially on the long passes. It seems he has some issues with the long throws.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:24 PM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Ballard has found some players, but he hasn’t built a team ready to win. Having the best LG and best off ball LB are great, but they don’t mean shit without a pass rush, LT, QB or CBs. When you have major questions at the most important positions you simply aren’t going to consistently win. Ballard is untouchable in most of Colts fandom though. So Reich is the sacrifice. He deserves some of it, but he’s also coaching a majorly flawed team.
Well said. I think Ballard gets a pass from a lot of people due to how god awful Grigs was. Ballard has shit the bed in at least 2 drafts ('17 and '19) and hasn't done shit in FA. Even in his good drafts he's completely thrown away high draft picks (2nd rounders on Turray and Lewis for example). Much better than Grigs obviously but still not great at all when looking at his track record independently.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,682 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

Inaccuracy on many. Wentz wasn’t sharp today. But there were quite a few PI non calls. They were doing it so much I think the refs started to get gun shy.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:25 PM

Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Ballard has found some studs for the team..... Reich has misused them badly.
we need pass rushers, qb and a left tackle

that doesn't even touch the secondary

this team needs a lot of talent added
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (10-31-2021), Dewey 5 (10-31-2021)