ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-06-2019, 04:44 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Will Carroll said that if Hilton’s ankle is as bad as he’s heard, then we’re going to look back at this as a Ronnie Lott-level performance playing through severe injury.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:37 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
I wish he was a little bit taller.
hahahaha Going old school there.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Will Carroll said that if Hilton’s ankle is as bad as he’s heard, then we’re going to look back at this as a Ronnie Lott-level performance playing through severe injury.
That means something, because that dude literally cut his finger off to stay in a game.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:00 AM

Thanked 4,403 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I heard the same from Kevin Bowen in the 48 hours prior to the Houston game which is why I was skeptical that he could be much more than a decoy. I was pleasantly surprised. Per Bowen, he was even at the facility on xmas day getting treatment when nobody else was there. He also concluded that Colts were not being fully transparent on the extent of the injury.
Define "fully transparent". The Colts have him on the injury report, listed as "questionable". Hilton does not practice all week to rest the injury, and then suits up for the game. If he does anything wrong to it even getting out of bed, the dude could miss the game. He plays, and he takes downs off. Sounds like the very definition of "questionable" to me.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:35 AM

Thanked 4,291 Times in 1,756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Define "fully transparent". The Colts have him on the injury report, listed as "questionable". Hilton does not practice all week to rest the injury, and then suits up for the game. If he does anything wrong to it even getting out of bed, the dude could miss the game. He plays, and he takes downs off. Sounds like the very definition of "questionable" to me.
A lot of fans think they should be able to get the access to dudes every checkup and physical. Any vagueness means the colts are hiding something.

Why people think they need more info than they are given is beyond me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (01-07-2019), Oldcolt (01-07-2019), Racehorse (01-07-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 11:24 AM

I have no issue with the Colts holding their cards close with regards to things like it taking shots, etc to get him out there for a handful of plays. That's strategy and I'm for it. This is not fans though that are making these statements. It's local media making these statements and it hasn't been in a critical way but more in admiration of the toughness in perservereing and performing despite an injury that much worse than anyone knows.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
A lot of fans think they should be able to get the access to dudes every checkup and physical. Any vagueness means the colts are hiding something.

Why people think they need more info than they are given is beyond me.
Happens in every market. Media complains about ‘transparency’ in Philadelphia too. I’ve decided, its their way of passively-aggressively targeting the team because team isn’t enabling them to break a story, improve their ratings or clicks.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:46 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

To me, though, there's a difference in how Colts handled the Luck injury last year (which everyone griped about), and how they're handling the Hilton injury.

With the Luck injury, things felt a bit more disingenuous, like they were stringing folks along.

With Hilton's injury, it's much more: he has an injured ankle and he won't be practicing; next question.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:49 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
To me, though, there's a difference in how Colts handled the Luck injury last year (which everyone griped about), and how they're handling the Hilton injury.

With the Luck injury, things felt a bit more disingenuous, like they were stringing folks along.

With Hilton's injury, it's much more: he has an injured ankle and he won't be practicing; next question.
I think we all felt that way last year but I actually think the Colts were up front with us. I don't think anybody (including Luck) really knew if he was going to return. If that is the case what are the Colts supposed to say?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (01-07-2019), Pez (01-07-2019), Racehorse (01-08-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 12:17 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I think we all felt that way last year but I actually think the Colts were up front with us. I don't think anybody (including Luck) really knew if he was going to return. If that is the case what are the Colts supposed to say?
They kept moving the goalposts on his return. That was problematic.