ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-24-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
A name to keep in mind draft day is James Morgan of Florida Int. Supposedly several teams are interested including us. We have been vetting him. So likely a later round pick spent on a QB.

My worry is we will end up like the Vikings the last couple years. Squad good enough to win the super bowl, can’t find a QB to lead them there.
The Colts have their version of Favre!
Old 03-24-2020, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
A name to keep in mind draft day is James Morgan of Florida Int. Supposedly several teams are interested including us. We have been vetting him. So likely a later round pick spent on a QB.

My worry is we will end up like the Vikings the last couple years. Squad good enough to win the super bowl, can’t find a QB to lead them there.

Nah. They wont draft a QB this yr. Other than Burrow or Tua the rest are just players taking up a roster space. How many of the others are actually more talented than Kelly? JB is here for this yr . they will look next yr.

I like Jaime Newman in next yrs draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiaX2wEHq0g
Old 03-24-2020, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Personally I think at #34 we need to add a top WR (Laviska Shenault or Brandon Aiyuk) either would be fine, just need bolster our receiving corps. Brissett aside, after T.Y. Hilton the cupboard is bare other than Campbell who we hope develops and can stay on the field.

Then at #44 I like Jalen Hurts if available to develop as our QB of the future. I personally like him much better than Jordan Love.

Jalen Hurts (6’1/222) QB Oklahoma
Hurts was always a good athlete at Alabama, but his improvement as a passer since transferring to Oklahoma is what has teams impressed. His sense of timing and anticipation has gotten a lot better. He exhibits very good lateral agility both in the pocket and in the open field. Last season under head coach Lincoln Riley, Hurts’ passing motion, comfortability, and efficiency took a massive leap. He led the nation in YPA (11.5) His accuracy is entirely underrated. Hurts has good velocity behind his throws and can fit his passes into tight windows. Throwing on the run is another asset in his game, as his athleticism and accuracy make him a tough quarterback to defend when he rolls out or scrambles. However, he must continue to improve his processing and willingness to stay inside the pocket. He is only 21 years old and is by all accounts very coachable. Hurts is also a very valuable runner; he ran for 1,298 yards on 233 attempts for an average of 5.57 yards per carry for 20 total TD’s. He has great breakaway speed for the quarterback position. He led college football, including running backs, in red zone rushing touchdowns (17) last season. He does need to be more consistent in terms of identifying the check down option and going through his progressions. Don’t sell Hurts short, he has starting-level upside with a little coaching and development.

(2019 Stats)
Games: 14
Attempts: 340
Completions: 237
Completion Percentage: 69.7
Yards: 3851
Yards/Attempt: 11.3
Touchdowns: 32
Interceptions: 8
QB Rating: 191.20
Rush Attempts: 233
Yards Rushing: 1,298
Yards per Attempt: 5.57
Rushing Touchdowns: 20

Old 03-24-2020, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Personally I think at #34 we need to add a top WR (Laviska Shenault or Brandon Aiyuk) either would be fine, just need bolster our receiving corps. Brissett aside, after T.Y. Hilton the cupboard is bare other than Campbell who we hope develops and can stay on the field.

Then at #44 I like Jalen Hurts if available to develop as our QB of the future. I personally like him much better than Jordan Love.

Jalen Hurts (6’1/222) QB Oklahoma
Hurts was always a good athlete at Alabama, but his improvement as a passer since transferring to Oklahoma is what has teams impressed. His sense of timing and anticipation has gotten a lot better. He exhibits very good lateral agility both in the pocket and in the open field. Last season under head coach Lincoln Riley, Hurts’ passing motion, comfortability, and efficiency took a massive leap. He led the nation in YPA (11.5) His accuracy is entirely underrated. Hurts has good velocity behind his throws and can fit his passes into tight windows. Throwing on the run is another asset in his game, as his athleticism and accuracy make him a tough quarterback to defend when he rolls out or scrambles. However, he must continue to improve his processing and willingness to stay inside the pocket. He is only 21 years old and is by all accounts very coachable. Hurts is also a very valuable runner; he ran for 1,298 yards on 233 attempts for an average of 5.57 yards per carry for 20 total TD’s. He has great breakaway speed for the quarterback position. He led college football, including running backs, in red zone rushing touchdowns (17) last season. He does need to be more consistent in terms of identifying the check down option and going through his progressions. Don’t sell Hurts short, he has starting-level upside with a little coaching and development.

(2019 Stats)
Games: 14
Attempts: 340
Completions: 237
Completion Percentage: 69.7
Yards: 3851
Yards/Attempt: 11.3
Touchdowns: 32
Interceptions: 8
QB Rating: 191.20
Rush Attempts: 233
Yards Rushing: 1,298
Yards per Attempt: 5.57
Rushing Touchdowns: 20

I think they could get him in the 3-4 if they wanted him. Despite all the hype from the talking heads I don't think this is a very good draft class after the top 2.

I agree on WR though. And now CB might move ahead of WR just because the WR class is so deep and there has been a few FA WR signed to drive even more picks down the board
Old 03-24-2020, 06:29 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
They said the same about Lamar Jackson.
Lamar Jackson was viewed as a first round QB even with all his flaws at the time. No one thinks Jalen Hurts is a first round QB.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:44 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Lamar Jackson was viewed as a first round QB even with all his flaws at the time. No one thinks Jalen Hurts is a first round QB.
He isn't. Late 2nd early 3rd is where I peg him.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
there are idiots who do
Old 03-24-2020, 07:47 PM
Post whore

Quote:
He isn't. Late 2nd early 3rd is where I peg him.
Right, but it's not like a Russell Wilson situation where there's a height issue or something like that, it's the concerns with accuracy. Watch his tape vs. LSU. That's what he'd look like as a starter against NFL defenses.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:00 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Right, but it's not like a Russell Wilson situation where there's a height issue or something like that, it's the concerns with accuracy. Watch his tape vs. LSU. That's what he'd look like as a starter against NFL defenses.
I'm an OU fan dude. I could see that Burrow was the superior QB. When you are drafting a QB in the late 2nd early 3rd, you know that you have to develop them.

I think that Hurts has the same issues as Brissett, but is so much more gifted athletically that he's worth the risk.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:08 PM
Post whore

Quote:
I'm an OU fan dude. I could see that Burrow was the superior QB. When you are drafting a QB in the late 2nd early 3rd, you know that you have to develop them.

I think that Hurts has the same issues as Brissett, but is so much more gifted athletically that he's worth the risk.
Burrow didn't play on LSU's defense. Hurts was 3/12 with 1 or 2 INTs in that game prior to garbage time.