ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-09-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Finding a qb for next season has to be a top priority.
One could hope that once we lose 3 or 4 of BAL/TEN/GE/TEN (with a 4th or 5th loss to PIT later), that our coaching staff would take the opportunity to see where we are with Easton and give him playing time.

Neither Rivers nor Biscuit can be our QB in 2021 if we want to be a playoff bound team. Neither can take us there.

I don't think Easton will be the guy either in 2021 (I hope he can develop into that guy later but think he is still pretty raw) but we will not know that unless he gets playing time.

A new and different rookie in 2021 also does not get us there. It is either Easton or a veteran free agent.

However, knowing Reich and Ballard, they will stick with Rivers thought the end of the year barring injury....and probably into 2021 as well.
Old 11-09-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
This team needs a fucking QB
That usually happens by having a really bad record or getting lucky. The Colts did with Johnny U. and the Pats did with Brady.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:46 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
That usually happens by having a really bad record or getting lucky. The Colts did with Johnny U. and the Pats did with Brady.

I would have went with

the colts had that back to back with manning and luck. But then pagano and grigson broke luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (11-09-2020), Racehorse (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 05:04 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
One could hope that once we lose 3 or 4 of BAL/TEN/GE/TEN (with a 4th or 5th loss to PIT later), that our coaching staff would take the opportunity to see where we are with Easton and give him playing time.

Neither Rivers nor Biscuit can be our QB in 2021 if we want to be a playoff bound team. Neither can take us there.

I don't think Easton will be the guy either in 2021 (I hope he can develop into that guy later but think he is still pretty raw) but we will not know that unless he gets playing time.

A new and different rookie in 2021 also does not get us there. It is either Easton or a veteran free agent.

However, knowing Reich and Ballard, they will stick with Rivers thought the end of the year barring injury....and probably into 2021 as well.
I think we need a solid NFL QB, not a softball bat.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I think we need a solid NFL QB, not a softball bat.
We need more firepower in general. So far the rookies have been fairly disappointing. But they’re rookies, shouldn’t be depending on them.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:17 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
We need more firepower in general. So far the rookies have been fairly disappointing. But they’re rookies, shouldn’t be depending on them.
Pittman looked good Sunday I think he’s only gonna get better the injury set him back a lil bit Taylor has got to get some confidence he needs a big game in the worst way
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Pittman looked good Sunday I think he’s only gonna get better the injury set him back a lil bit Taylor has got to get some confidence he needs a big game in the worst way
Pittman will be good. I really believe the more WR firepower you have the better the QB can perform. If you have 3+ receivers that the D really has to worry about, they all get a shot at being open. You can't cover everyone effectively. If Paris Campbell and TY were also healthy along with Pittman, there would always be someone getting low talent coverage.

Last edited by albany ed; 11-11-2020 at 07:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 11:24 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

Agree. We are not strong enough offensively to compete the tops teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2020, 02:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Pittman will be good. I really believe the more WR firepower you have the better the QB can perform. If you have 3+ receivers that the D really has to worry about, they all get a shot at being open. You can't cover everyone effectively. If Paris Campbell and TY were also healthy along with Pittman, there would always be someone getting low talent coverage.
Sure if we are completely healthy that we look better. But that never seems to be the case. Starting RB hurt a lot, number 1 WR hurt a lot, Cambell barely played since drafted. Like last year we have a bunch of dudes and a rookie who is not fast out there. At least we had Ebron who is a mismatch with below average hands. Really need to find a few more players who are hopefully durable. And a new number one receiver... oh and a QB. No biggie.