ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-13-2019, 08:26 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Based on what? Everything I've read or heard said Rogers is the starter and is making the roster. Cambell is hurt and isn't even practicing, he isn't unseating him anytime soon.
You go ahead and pin your hopes on Rogers, who has zero upside. I'll pin mine elsewhere.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:01 PM

I'm over Rogers and Philly Walker. The Colts know what they have in both of them, and it isn't enough to keep either of them over other options.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:11 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
There is 0.00000% Devin Funchess is cut.
Agreed, not happening.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:26 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
You go ahead and pin your hopes on Rogers, who has zero upside. I'll pin mine elsewhere.
I’m not pinning my hopes on Rogers, I’m not even a fan of the guy. I’m reading the daily reports by Holder, Bowen, and Chappel and going off what they are saying. I am wondering what you are basing your opinion on? If that is just what you believe that is fine, I'm just basing mine on the info they are providing.

1. The guy is healthy and consistently makes catches, in practice at least.
2. The guy can play the slot and outside. None of the other guys in contention can do that, they are all outside receivers.
3. He is the only one who seems to be able to catch on special teams despite trying everyone from Hines to Pascal to Cambell out there.
4. The coaches all speak glowingly of him.

Do I think Cain and Fountain offer more upside, sure. I just don't think they are showing it enough to supplant him.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 08-14-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:19 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Agreed, not happening.
10 million dollar guy? I don't know, we will see how the season goes. Sin is giving all he can handle though. Maybe it just speaks to how good Sin is going to be.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:37 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Maybe it just speaks to how good Sin is going to be.
Hopefully so. TY Hilton was also giving Rock many compliments earlier in camp.

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1157754947896795142

Quote:
TY Hilton on rookie Rock Ya-Sin after today's practice: "You beat him on one play, he get you the next play ... Rock is one of those guys that’s really standing out. He’s really gonna be special in this league."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 09:39 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
I’m not pinning my hopes on Rogers, I’m not even a fan of the guy. I’m reading the daily reports by Holder, Bowen, and Chappel and going off what they are saying. I am wondering what you are basing your opinion on? If that is just what you believe that is fine, I'm just basing mine on the info they are providing.

1. The guy is healthy and consistently makes catches, in practice at least.
2. The guy can play the slot and outside. None of the other guys in contention can do that, they are all outside receivers.
3. He is the only one who seems to be able to catch on special teams despite trying everyone from Hines to Pascal to Cambell out there.
4. The coaches all speak glowingly of him.

Do I think Cain and Fountain offer more upside, sure. I just don't think they are showing it enough to supplant him.
The reports that I'm seeing is Cain and Fountain have been having great performances at TC.

Like I said, I have no problem with Rogers making the team, but at the end of the day he will earn it through his special teams play...not what he does at WR.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:25 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
The reports that I'm seeing is Cain and Fountain have been having great performances at TC.

Like I said, I have no problem with Rogers making the team, but at the end of the day he will earn it through his special teams play...not what he does at WR.
Rookies and guys that are breaking out always seem to dominate camp news. People like to hear about that stuff. Especially when those two guys did nothing the previous year. We haven't heard much about Houston, but what I have read is that the guy is a badass and he will be a good addition. Do I think Turay and Banagu will move in front of him because I have heard more about them, no. Just like Sin isn't supplanting Desir or Moore anytime soon.

The coaches dont stick him there on the depth chart for shits and giggles, he has had a good camp and has been very consistent. Which is what they keep saying Fountain and Cain need to do. The special teams just cements his addition.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:31 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Rookies and guys that are breaking out always seem to dominate camp news. People like to hear about that stuff. Especially when those two guys did nothing the previous year. We haven't heard much about Houston, but what I have read is that the guy is a badass and he will be a good addition. Do I think Turay and Banagu will move in front of him because I have heard more about them, no. Just like Sin isn't supplanting Desir or Moore anytime soon.

The coaches dont stick him there on the depth chart for shits and giggles, he has had a good camp and has been very consistent. Which is what they keep saying Fountain and Cain need to do. The special teams just cements his addition.
I mean, that and the fact Rogers is a proven ~500 yard receiving guy against real NFL competition. That still matters.

Look, gun to head, I probably keep: Hilton, Funchess, Campbell (if not PUP'd?), Fountain, Cain, Pascal. Just because I believe the ST value of a Pascal > the ST value of a Hairston, for instance.

But it's a total crapshoot.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:46 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I mean, that and the fact Rogers is a proven ~500 yard receiving guy against real NFL competition. That still matters.

Look, gun to head, I probably keep: Hilton, Funchess, Campbell (if not PUP'd?), Fountain, Cain, Pascal. Just because I believe the ST value of a Pascal > the ST value of a Hairston, for instance.

But it's a total crapshoot.
Rogers kinda had a raw deal last year because he was forced to play outside receiver and he had never done it before. He is better in the slot, but now he can play both in a pinch. The guys is what he is, a solid dependable receiver. It isn't sexy and he doesn't have some huge upside with crazy athletic ability, but they keep bringing in guys to beat him out and he is still here.

I like Pascal's run blocking more than his ST contributions. I just think ST's have been so neutered by the rules they should get rid of it, or figure out something that equals the onside kick. Returns and blocks are so rare now, there has to be a big breakdown for something to happen.

I would probably go with 6 guys, get Fountain and Cain on there simply because you have draft picks invested in them and to me those last 4 guys are a wash. See if you can get Pascal, Johnson on the practice squad. Although Hogan and Hart are more realistic candidates.