ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-23-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I actually thought that was a legit call. More annoyed by Eagles being offsides on one Colts "false start" and some defensive contact calls than I was by that. It was the rare time I think you call that.
I gotta see the tape again because I didn't see any hold. When you're rushing the QB and engaged with at least two blockers how does he hold?
Old 09-23-2018, 06:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycolts2 View Post
he was engaged with at least two blockers and gets called for holding.....smh!
He was holding, so the inside guy could loop around and have a free run at the QB. He needs to be sneaker. May be why the Pats let him go, hes bad at cheating
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (09-23-2018), Racehorse (09-23-2018), rm1369 (09-23-2018), sherck (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 07:30 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

I really didn't think defensive holding existed outside of grabbing eligible receivers 5 yards down field. I really don't get the call.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:57 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I really didn't think defensive holding existed outside of grabbing eligible receivers 5 yards down field. I really don't get the call.
nose tackles do it all the time to get the lbers free. 5 techs would do it to get the olber free on a stunt. it happens a lot but never gets called.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (09-23-2018), JAFF (09-24-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 08:08 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

i will add a few thoughts here.

1) some head scratching playcalling. fade to ty? really. play action pass attempt on 4th and 3 or whatever it was?

2) haeg was getting destroyed. all the olinemen were getting destroyed. i am really not looking forward to watching those guys again. for all the attempts to toughen the lines up, they sure do play like pussies at times.

3) still can't run the ball well enough.

4) margus hunt needs to stay as the starter at 3 tech. no need to put him back at de.

5) sheard has stepped up his game.

6) walker and leonard i am ok with. upgrading the mlber position is less of a worry for me

7) grant is playing pretty good but is he really the best we can do at #2?

8) we need playmakers on the offense. not guys that drop passes.

9) hooker did something today which was nice to see. he also looked to be more active in run support. i still think he plays too far back at times. when he is a single high, easy passes to the only guy in the vicinity should not happen. i know he has a talent, just not sure we are using him to the best of it.

10) absolutely have to get more creative with the backs. we rarely get guys in space.

11) for the love of god please just let Luck throw a bomb a quarter. i don't give a shit if it is incomplete. we have to get those lbers off the ball. and can we please somehow find out how to execute draws and screens to give these dlinemen something to think about.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Butter (09-23-2018), Dewey 5 (09-23-2018), GoBigBlue88 (09-23-2018), Racehorse (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
He was holding, so the inside guy could loop around and have a free run at the QB. He needs to be sneaker. May be why the Pats let him go, hes bad at cheating
Yup....thanks, finally saw it.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:34 PM

The combination of the Eagles D, the poor OL, made worse by another tackle being injured early in the game, and the rain is the reason for all the short stuff today

Notice the Eagles did not go deep much either. A few times. Good play by Hooker to knock the one down

Once again disappointed in the outcome, but its all about the future. And the team has a much brighter future now than a year ago.

If Doyle and/or Castonzo play this game I think the Colts win

The red zone offense is KILLING this team. Two great opportunities on turnovers and the offense can't convert. And its a little bit of everyone that causes that. Poor play calls. Luck a few times again just gets keyed in on the main WR and telegraphs it. Two drops in the end zone. Luck should have run the ball for a first down on one of them. Agree its not a great play to do a fade to a small WR. Even on the 4th down play, not only not getting it, but LOSING so much yardage was a killer. Even if the don't get that TD with a little over a minute left, if nothing else you have 3 timeouts and can have them pinned deep, force a punt and a short field instead of a 90 yard field.

The penalties. Those sucked on both sides I thought, but the defensive holding call????? What in the hell. I have never seen that called in an NFL game

Eberflus is at least finding a way to get pressure on the QB. The run game of Philly killed us though. Many times should have had them stopped and the back slips through for 4 times more yardage than they should have got.

Still a young team and new head coaches.

A year ago, the Colts are not even IN that game with Philly. Its over before it started. This year, they put up a good fight, really could have and should have one

I went into the season though with zero expectations, so a few losses like this early I expected.

I think Houston is a very winnable game next week. Still in the tick of things in a very even division
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (09-23-2018), Indystu2 (09-24-2018), JAFF (09-24-2018), Racehorse (09-23-2018), sherck (09-24-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I actually thought that was a legit call. More annoyed by Eagles being offsides on one Colts "false start" and some defensive contact calls than I was by that. It was the rare time I think you call that.
Oh this one pissed me off too!

On the play where Rogers I believe actually made a great catch in the end zone, though they called it incomplete, the DE for the Eagles was OBVIOUSLY offsides, that was why the tackle ended up holding, because he jumped a second early. They don't call that but then call a hold when trying to stop him with the early jump
Old 09-23-2018, 08:41 PM

Oh and the Luck thing him not being there in the end, ridiculous

that was actually smart. Its a hail mary, not like its some skill from the QB, just throw it as far as you can. Either can do it. Brissett actually overshot it a bit

You take the chance Luck doing that reinjures the shoulder by trying to overdo it on the throw. Not worth it for a 1/100 or so shot

But now what will we hear on all the national shows tomorrow? Not how good the colts actually look, like a decent team, but "Is Luck still injured? Will he ever be back to 100%? ....."Blah, blah, blah, by people who probably did not watch the game
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Maniac (09-24-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 09:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
From a Zak Keefer tweet.

Me: You ever been called for holding in your career?

Jabaal Sheard: No.

Ever heard of any defensive end being called for holding?

Sheard: No
Yeah that was BS. Refs were too visible today National Refball league. But they are in every game too much right now.