ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,661 Times in 2,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I doubt Simmons drops far, most mocks I've seen have him gone by 14.

I didn't like what I saw of Wilkins (he did not "singlehandedly beat Alabama" as I've seen claimed so many times, for example), and Tillery seems like a guy who could be had at 34 or later.

Autry is listed at 270. It's light for a DT, and he's probably playing heavier, but he's listed at 270.
Mocks right now are going off talent alone. They aren’t factoring in character or what scouts are saying. I don’t find them too reliable right now, it’s too early. Talent wise yes he should go there.

Wilkins is very good, he suffers from over analyzation and has been on everyone’s radar for awhile. He was just part of a very talented line, like Chubb last year. But he has good hands, a quick first step, but enough power and strength to play the position. The guy can play h-back for the offense, he is a tremendous athlete. And he has great character.

Tilley is a late first to late second. Might be bad at 34 yes. If you like him, take him.

270/260 is still not 310. Like it or not, the road goes through the pats and Chiefs right now. And Autry will not hold up against the run in the 4th quarter. We are not set there. And if you want a good DT, your best odds are in the first round. That is where the best athletes and best players usually go.

There is no for certain top rated safety like Hooker was, I doubt one goes in the first round. Ballard is not going WR, he usually tells us what he will do. He will go dline and pass rush.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 02-07-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:23 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
The Colts had the 6th best yards/attempt rush defense in the NFL last year. And that was with Autry playing inside.
Autry works in a rotation with two 300+ lb tackles who are now free agents. Autry is not going to be our starter at 260/270. It’s not going to be Autry and Grover Stewert going forward.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Mocks right now are going off talent alone. They aren’t factoring in character or what scouts are saying. I don’t find them too reliable right now, it’s too early. Talent wise yes he should go there.

Wilkins is very good, he suffers from over analyzation and has been on everyone’s radar for awhile. He was just part of a very talented line, like Chubb last year. But he has good hands, a quick first step, but enough power and strength to play the position. The guy can play h-back for the offense, he is a tremendous athlete. And he has great character.

Tilley is a late first to late second. Might be bad at 34 yes. If you like him, take him.

270/260 is still not 310. Like it or not, the road goes through the pats and Chiefs right now. And Autry will not hold up against the run in the 4th quarter. We are not set there. And if you want a good DT, your best odds are in the first round. That is where the best athletes and best players usually go.

There is no for certain top rated safety like Hooker was, I doubt one goes in the first round. Ballard is not going WR, he usually tells us what he will do. He will go dline and pass rush.
If Jeffery Simmons is there, great, take him. I happen to think Ballard would hesitate on that, because he's big on character, but the talent is there. To me, if Tillery is your target, trading down is the best option. I'll probably watch Wilkins again, it's possible that the hype affected my opinion, but I didn't see as much gap penetration from him as I would've liked.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:54 PM
Post whore

Quote:
If Jeffery Simmons is there, great, take him. I happen to think Ballard would hesitate on that, because he's big on character, but the talent is there. To me, if Tillery is your target, trading down is the best option. I'll probably watch Wilkins again, it's possible that the hype affected my opinion, but I didn't see as much gap penetration from him as I would've liked.
He might hesitate. I'm sure he will dig into the circumstances. I give a little more leeway for a guy in high school than a guy in college. Said he was helping his sister and felt he was defending his family, but the other girl was on the ground.

Here is an article on it:

https://247sports.com/Article/Jeffer...ces-120993034/

Quote:
Simmons produced a 4.0 GPA his first full semester on campus. He represented Mississippi State at the Black Student-Athlete Summit in Austin in January. He gives motivational speeches in schools across the Golden Triangle during the offseason. On his official bio page, Mississippi State calls Simmons its team leader in community service.
Here is the fight:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...und-fight.html

If they do take him, I'm sure the marketing dept will be work overtime on his repentance.

I like Wilkins, I like his versatility. I like his character. I watched several of their games this year and they were good.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:50 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
My main point was that I don't think the first round pick should be used on a skill position player of any sort. If you can't improve the DL or secondary at 26, trading down is the best option to me. That said, resigning Inman solves WR2 for me, and with the injury issues Doyle has had and Ebron's inconsistency, TE could be a position at which this team lacks depth or a true starter fairly easily.
I'm fine with trading down in that scenario, but I think you're too high on Inman. He's fine as WR4 in a good offense, but he doesn't get enough separation to consistently win as WR2. If he did, that Chiefs game would have been much closer.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:42 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
He might hesitate. I'm sure he will dig into the circumstances. I give a little more leeway for a guy in high school than a guy in college. Said he was helping his sister and felt he was defending his family, but the other girl was on the ground.

Here is an article on it:

https://247sports.com/Article/Jeffer...ces-120993034/

Here is the fight:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...und-fight.html

If they do take him, I'm sure the marketing dept will be work overtime on his repentance.

I like Wilkins, I like his versatility. I like his character. I watched several of their games this year and they were good.
Simmons was actually the player who stood out the most to me on Mississippi State tape and was the player I started looking at for 26 once Sweat started getting top 10 buzz. Ballard is the one who'll likely need convincing on Simmons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I'm fine with trading down in that scenario, but I think you're too high on Inman. He's fine as WR4 in a good offense, but he doesn't get enough separation to consistently win as WR2. If he did, that Chiefs game would have been much closer.
I don't think Inman is more than a stopgap at the position, and I wouldn't let him stop me from pursuing Golden Tate or Tyrell Williams in free agency, I just don't want any of the first three picks spent on WR considering the massive deficiencies this team has in defensive personnel. Those picks need to be spent shoring up the weaknesses on defense.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:22 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I would normally say we should get defense in the 1st. But I think we are just picking too late to get any of the premium talent at DT, and for sure we aren't getting a top DE. I think there's a good chance either DK Metcalf or N'Keal Harry falls to us and is the BPA. I would be happy with either.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I would normally say we should get defense in the 1st. But I think we are just picking too late to get any of the premium talent at DT, and for sure we aren't getting a top DE. I think there's a good chance either DK Metcalf or N'Keal Harry falls to us and is the BPA. I would be happy with either.
To me, if WR is the BPA, trade down. I'd rather drop 20-25 spots and pick up a 1 next year than draft a WR that high. I'd be way happier with Omenihu/Tillery, Ximines/Ferguson, and a 1 next year than I would with Harry/Metcalf and Omenihu/Tillery, for example.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:57 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
To me, if WR is the BPA, trade down. I'd rather drop 20-25 spots and pick up a 1 next year than draft a WR that high. I'd be way happier with Omenihu/Tillery, Ximines/Ferguson, and a 1 next year than I would with Harry/Metcalf and Omenihu/Tillery, for example.
That's if we have someone that wants to trade. DL is certainly a need, and there are some very good prospects this year, but I don't want to take a non-difference-maker just because it's a DL draft and the prospects seem to be running out.

I'm basically fine with whatever though, because Ballard has earned that level of trust (though many were ready to give that to him immediately). I don't have a reason to think Ballard will do something dumb so I'm not worried about it.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
That's if we have someone that wants to trade. DL is certainly a need, and there are some very good prospects this year, but I don't want to take a non-difference-maker just because it's a DL draft and the prospects seem to be running out.

I'm basically fine with whatever though, because Ballard has earned that level of trust (though many were ready to give that to him immediately). I don't have a reason to think Ballard will do something dumb so I'm not worried about it.
You better be sure that WR is a difference maker, because I'd be shocked if none of the 20+ teams between 27 and 50 wanted to move up and give up something of significance to do it.