ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Your reasoning is solid, but I think this is more what you would do rather than what Ballard will do. While I agree that he'll be more active, I expect him to stay consistent with what he's said: he places a value on a player and won't go over it. I don't think there's any way he puts a $12MM/year value on Williams.
Maybe, Ballard seems to know these AFC west players pretty well. $12 might be a little high, but the cap is almost 200 million. The average over four years is around 6% of your cap. That is worth a 2nd receiver who checks just about all the boxes. Also, that is just the rumor of what he wants. May not meet up with what he actually gets.

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

You can always draft a guy like Miles Boykin, Hakeem Butler, Jazz Ferguson, but receiver has a high learning curve. Will he contribute this upcoming year? I would rather draft a route runner and smooth receiver like Deebo Samuel than gamble on one of the tall guys coming out.

The Raiders are interested also. See if they throw money at him and he takes it. He might want to stay out west even though they are in a serious rebuild.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 03-06-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
He also could just be speculating. The “I reckon” part of it makes it a very awkwardly worded sentence.
He probably should've said, "I hear-tell" much more cromulent word choice.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Listened to your free agency pod the other day and really liked your points about Humphries. Would you rather have Williams at $12MM/year or Humphries at $8MM/year?

I think I'd rather go with Humphries and grab one of the bigger receivers at 59 or 90. I think you can get what Williams would've gotten you without paying the extra $$.
Thank you for listening.
Yes, i'd rather have Humphries at 8 over Williams at 12. I'd even still rather give up our 1st round pick for OBJ. But I just think that kind of talent is generational, and OBJ/TY/Ebron/Doyle With our o-line, Luck, and Mack, would be the #1 O in the NFL.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen View Post
Thank you for listening.
Yes, i'd rather have Humphries at 8 over Williams at 12. I'd even still rather give up our 1st round pick for OBJ. But I just think that kind of talent is generational, and OBJ/TY/Ebron/Doyle With our o-line, Luck, and Mack, would be the #1 O in the NFL.
Colts fans are too obsessed with offense. They need a defense as well.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I don't think defense is over looked. I would love Ballard to go hard at Collins. And grab a couple D-linemen, and a CB in the draft. Maybe even go after Ziggy Ansah. I do NOT want Chiefs Ford or Houston.

But WR is a definite need also. And with the extra cap space, and 3 top 60 picks,...we can afford to get someone at WR, and focus the rest on D.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I agree, although from what I have heard of Owen's podcast that is not the case with him.

But can you blame most Colt fans? Most became fans because of Peyton's led Colts and that high scoring offense. Spending constant first round picks on weapons, quite a few of which failed. Even with so much scoring now, the SB still came down to defense. That and Sean McKay's ego and his inability to develop multiple contingency gameplans.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Lawrence Owen (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen View Post
Thank you for listening.
I would give up 26 in a heartbeat for OBJ, but the asking price will be much higher than that.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:35 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

OBJ is hurt a lot. When he's healthy and not having a slap fight with CBs covering him he's a generational talent. But he's missed too many games to give up picks and lots of cap for him. We don't need him to be a great team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Dam8610 (03-07-2019), rcubed (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 01:29 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
OBJ is hurt a lot. When he's healthy and not having a slap fight with CBs covering him he's a generational talent. But he's missed too many games to give up picks and lots of cap for him. We don't need him to be a great team.
Depends what the picks are for me. Our top three? No. Our first and maybe a 4th? Sure. The probability he would have a bigger impact than whoever they draft at 26 is pretty good. The injury history does worry me, you just have to incorporate that in the equation and decide if the gamble is worth it or not. Best case is you get the most dynamic receiver in the league and would be a headache to defenses. Worst case, he is hurt a lot and plays half his games but is still a good weapon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
We don't need him to be a great team.
Can't we say that about everyone though? But stars make things easier and win games.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Haven't seen him but have heard he drops a lot of balls?
But are they inordinate and do they outweigh the big play ability? Sorry, I just loved Reich's presser where he must have said inordinate four times about drops.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Discflinger For This Useful Post:
Lawrence Owen (03-07-2019), smitty46953 (03-07-2019)