ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-05-2018, 08:22 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts
Default Super Bowl Recap

I think it is Colts related because every time the Cheats lose it is Colts related (who are my 2 favorite teams? The Colts and whoever is playing the Cheats!). Oh, and I might mention McDaniels. So there.

1. Probably in my top five all-time of most enjoyable games to watch in my life. Honestly, both offenses played their hearts out. Neither defense could get stops (1 punt, 2 turnovers and all the rest scoring drives I think). Proper outcome; very enjoyable.

2. Commercials sucked for the most part. My fav was the early "Fire/Ice" one because who doesn't like watching Morgan Freeman mock rap? The Tide series of commercials was clever with the Mr. Clean one being tops but overall it got old quick.

3. Most yards in an NFL game......ever? Not just SB, not just post-season, ever! Unreal. So much for the SB being "old hat" for one team and "brand new bright eyed" for the other. Both played like it was no big deal.

4. For those of you dissing kicking records....new FG record for a rookie kicker in the SB! Lots of love....

5. One of the few games this year where I felt like the refs were even handed and got almost every call right. Sure, the Eagles were penalized more but every time they showed it in slow motion, it was a righteous call. I wish they would have thrown about 4 DPI/D Holding calls early on to back to DBs off but they did not, let them get a ton of body and contact on receivers and let them play EVEN. You could have argued DPI on just about every TD except the catch by Foles but they did not call any of them. Actually enjoyable game that the refs did not take over.

6. Was the critical play of the game (strip sack) a complete shock or what? Sure, they had knocked Tommy Cheater down a couple of times after the throw but they had not really sniffed a sack up to that point. The Pats OLine had played WELL against a good Philly front. Then, an inside bull rush strip sack fumble recovery to put the game almost out of reach requiring the Cheats to score a TD and a 2 point conversion to tie. Amazing.

7. I am not positive what the Cheats were doing to get their receivers SO WIDE OPEN against a good defense but I hope McDaniels can bring some of that magic to Indy. T.Y. having a 5 yard cushion when he catches the ball will be deadly with his speed and sizzle.

8. Incredible game plan by Philly as well. I truly and honestly did not think Foles had it in him to have this kind of post-season.

His situation will be interesting. He is signed by Philly through 2021 but 2019 - 2021 are throw away years that are voided if he is on the roster on the 23rd day of the NFL season in 2019. This is purely a mechanic to extend the signing bonus pro-rated cap hit out 5 seasons. He is really under contract for the 2018 season at $7.600m cap hit. That is going to be VERY attractive for some QB needy team to throw a 2nd round draft pick at them for Foles at 29 years old for a 1-year "show me you deserve $15m a year" tryout period. I bet he is not with Philly in 2018. CLE is actually a destination that makes sense; they have the cap and it would allow them to pick up Barkley / Chubb at the top of the draft (assuming QB goes 2/3 with someone giving stupid compensation to us to trade down) whom are probably the best 2 players in the draft.

9. The Cheats lost!!!! Seriously, this could be points #1 - #34,596 and it would not get old. In the Super Bowl! I love that line.

10. I thought Tommy Cheater looked old. A couple of his passes were ducks because of pressure but a couple of his passes were just ducks. And behind his targets. Don't get me wrong; he threw a ton of pretty passes but he threw more ugly passes than I can remember him throwing in a long time.

That's it, Colts fans. What did you see last night that was interesting to you?

Walk Worthy,
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
apballin (02-05-2018), Brylok (02-05-2018), daedge (02-05-2018), Indiana V2 (02-05-2018), Racehorse (02-05-2018), smitty46953 (02-05-2018), Spike (02-05-2018), YDFL Commish (02-05-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 08:41 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

I lurked PatriotPlanet and enjoyed the tears. They were quite interesting to me. I think you omitted that the two "controversial" TDs (according to Collinsworthless) were called right on the field and on review. Goodell mentioned that the catch rule needed revision, but the refs last night got them right.
Coltsalr (02-05-2018), Indiana V2 (02-05-2018), Spike (02-05-2018), YDFL Commish (02-05-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 09:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Indystu2

That was a great game to watch. If you took the logos off of the helmets it was still a great game. Honestly.
Now, the fact that the team I hate the most lost, is fantastic.
Excellent play calling. No one played not to lose.
Collinsworthless said one of the dumbest (and he says a LOT of dumb things) things I have heard from him when he said the game was almost as good as the halftime show. WHAT??!?!?. Please go away.

Stu
Old 02-05-2018, 10:03 AM

I honestly think the NFL told the refs you just absolutely do not overturn ANYTHING unless its just obvious the wrong call was made, otherwise at least that first TD by the Eagles gets overturned based on what we have seen this year

And if that is what they were told, I am fine with that, because THAT IS WHAT THE RULE IS SUPPOSED TO BE ANYWAY for overturned calls. Not just "Oh I think he bobbled it a bit" or "I am not positive he had control", its supposed to be definitive that it was the wrong call

So basically how they called it in the SB is how its supposed to be called, not how they were doing it all year.

I find the Butler situation interesting as well. A decision by BB with his typical non-answer as an explanation that may very well have cost them the game. And I think it makes it likely Butler leaves NE now in the offseason, could end up coming here with McDaniels.

Most important is the Pats lost

But lets face it, the best of the night was the ELi Manning commercial with Odell.

No one puts Odell in a corner!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (02-05-2018), Racehorse (02-05-2018), rcubed (02-05-2018), Spike (02-05-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 10:20 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I lurked PatriotPlanet and enjoyed the tears. They were quite interesting to me. I think you omitted that the two "controversial" TDs (according to Collinsworthless) were called right on the field and on review. Goodell mentioned that the catch rule needed revision, but the refs last night got them right.
Yep, I go to PP once in awhile too. It was great to see those bitches cry for a change. The fact that they bitch about calls that go against them is pathetic.
Racehorse (02-05-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 10:23 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Even though you can see the ball move as he's tucking it doesn't mean he lost control of it, or bobbled it. A receiver is allowed to move the ball, tuck it, change hands, etc., as he's going out of bounds.

Also on the Ertz TD where it popped up. The ball is allowed to touch the ground, as long as he has control. It did touch with him holding on. It popped up after, but then he caught it and it never touched the ground after.
Of course, I also agree that he had already become a runner and the play was over when he broke the plane.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Brylok (02-05-2018), Spike (02-05-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Even though you can see the ball move as he's tucking it doesn't mean he lost control of it, or bobbled it. A receiver is allowed to move the ball, tuck it, change hands, etc., as he's going out of bounds.

Also on the Ertz TD where it popped up. The ball is allowed to touch the ground, as long as he has control. It did touch with him holding on. It popped up after, but then he caught it and it never touched the ground after.
Of course, I also agree that he had already become a runner and the play was over when he broke the plane.
Yeah he took like 3 steps and dove for the end zone. It was obviously a catch before he went to the ground

Of course I thought the same thing in the Pitt game in the exact same situation and they called it the other way
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-05-2018), sherck (02-05-2018), Spike (02-05-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 12:18 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Also, it's always nice to see the Pats lose. I won't add "especially in the Superbowl" because I would rather they go 0-16 in the regular season and not even make the playoffs, let alone the superbowl.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-05-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 12:47 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

couple ballsy fourth down calls by the eagles couching staff as well.

oh, and suck it pats.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:10 PM

Well put, Sherck.

You basically nailed every point in your post.

To think I was tempted not to watch the game for the first time in 18 years, only for it to turn out to be a blinder of a game. Mind you, had the Pats won it clearly would have been a different story.

I just told myself not to get excited until the clock hit zero, and that's exactly what I did.

Before that, I just soaked up one of the best games of football - albeit with little D played - you could ask for.

2018 is going to be a good year.