ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-27-2019, 09:50 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts
Default Secondary

After re-signing Desir and Geathers, the secondary looks a lot more stable than it did a month ago. Still, most of us would probably agree that it needs more attention. Ballard seems to agree:

Quote:
I asked Ballard about the crop of defensive backs in this draft because he specifically mentioned the lack of depth in the Colts’ current secondary as something he wants to monitor.

Here was his assessment of this class of defensive backs: “I’m finishing up (film) on corners and safeties right now. We think there’s some really good depth, especially (in the) late second, third, fourth (rounds). There’s some really good depth in the draft. And then there’s always some later-round guys you like because of traits. We think there’s some good depth there.”
Holder goes on to say that he wouldn't be shocked to see a player in the secondary taken in the 1st round, but that corner is probably more of a day 2/3 type of value for this scheme (which I absolutely agree with).

https://theathletic.com/892290/2019/...nnual-meeting/
Old 03-27-2019, 10:40 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Colts DB coach worked out Abram today. I know some people hate the idea of taking another safety high, but good lord would he be great in this scheme.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Colts DB coach worked out Abram today. I know some people hate the idea of taking another safety high, but good lord would he be great in this scheme.
Need to trade back