ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2018, 12:15 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Yes not really sure why a 4-3 would be favored over a 3-4 for Dome teams or why that makes a difference.

Plus its a small sample size of Dome teams that have won a title.
1999 Rams
2007 Colts
2010 Saints

All those teams were offense first powerhouses. That was more the defining characteristic of all of them rather than anything about the defenses.
Those teams had a chance to win a title every single season.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:20 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Yes not really sure why a 4-3 would be favored over a 3-4 for Dome teams or why that makes a difference.

Plus its a small sample size of Dome teams that have won a title.
1999 Rams
2007 Colts
2010 Saints

All those teams were offense first powerhouses. That was more the defining characteristic of all of them rather than anything about the defenses.
Freeney was wrecking Brees and the Saints in the first half. Damn it that injury he had. Second half he had nothing left to give. That was a painful game for me. Should have been Peytons second SB win.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
chicagocolt (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 12:40 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,616 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
My guess is that the 3-4 defense is built on larger, more beefy players on the front seven because the D-Linemen need to take on more double teams and the LBs are more often combatting O-Linemen one-v-one.

That, to me, screams built for bad weather where the weight advantage of your bigger D-linemen and beefier LBs are not as effected since the games slows down across the board.

In a dome, it is always perfect weather conditions on a fast surface which lends itself to a faster defense, i.e. a 4-3 defense.

Complete conjecture on my part but take advantage of those 8 games you play in your house.

Walk Worthy,
I see what you are saying. You have some beefier guys, but really only the NT and ends which are really DT's in another defense. You can have a fast 3-4. Both the Steelers and Ravens had them during peak years. I don't know.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Maybe off topic but I try to never expose myself to the dumbass that is Skip Baylliss..... bit unfortunately people give him a platform by repeating his ridiculous takes. I heard his latest take re the upcoming Colts v Cowgirls game is that the QB advantage is firmly with the cowgirls.....seems Dak is far superior to Andrew on EVERY metric that matters. He's smarter, a better leader, and more gifted athletically.

Ok guess the QBR doesn't matter (8th in the NFL vs 22nd, advantage Luck). Dumbass.
Fuck Skip Balless. He is one of the dumbest bastards I have ever listened to.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:43 PM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Fuck Skip Balless. He is one of the dumbest bastards I have ever listened to.
People always say he says these controversial things just to get attention/clicks and he's laughing all the way to the bank. Maybe, but hardly any other talking head says such stupid stuff. He's so wrong about Luck, over and over, that anything he says is almost guaranteed to be the opposite of true.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
chicagocolt (12-14-2018), Spike (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck View Post
Freeney was wrecking Brees and the Saints in the first half. Damn it that injury he had. Second half he had nothing left to give. That was a painful game for me. Should have been Peytons second SB win.
And goddamn Hank Baskett.. Hate him to this day.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chicagocolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (12-14-2018), DrSpaceman (12-14-2018), Racehorse (12-14-2018), Spike (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 01:32 PM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocolt View Post
Baskett and Caldwell, having Stover attempt a 50 yd field goal near the end of the 1st half. So fucking stupid, when he coulda pinned that Saints deep and then they probably just run out the clock.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:10 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

Baskett and Caldwell, having Stover attempt a 50-yd field goal near the end of the 1st half. So fucking stupid, when he coulda pinned that Saints deep, and then they probably just run out the clock.

o

That's not how the first half played out.

The Colts had a successful goal line stand late in the 2nd quarter, in a very similar fashion in which they had against the Ravens in the regular season. From their own 1 yardline, the Colts' offense then ran 3 conservative running plays for 9 yards, and were forced to punt. That sequence of events is what gave the Saints a short field to work with with less than a minute to play in the half, and they subsequently kicked a field goal to close the gap from 10-3 to 10-6.

The missed 51-yard field goal attempt by Stover occurred early in the 4th quarter, with the Colts clinging to a 17-16 lead.

I believe that you are correct about Stover, though ........ he was in his last season in the NFL, and at 42 years-old he was very reliable from inside of 45 yards at that point in his career, but not so much from deeper than that.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-14-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck View Post
And if the Atlanta Falcons were not a bunch of dumb asses on play calling and clock management, Freeney would have had a second one as well. And Brady one less.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-14-2018), Spike (12-14-2018), YDFL Commish (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocolt View Post
The IRONICALLY NAMED Hank Baskett.

Baskett my ass. Can't catch a kick that comes straight to him.