ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2018, 11:47 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
After doing some key term searches, I cannot find any evidence that the Colts every talked to Campbell or Bouye. I can find a lot of sports news articles saying things like "a good fit for xxxx is the Colts" but not anything that actually says we were talking to them.

I am not saying that we were not talking to them, but I find no evidence that we were.

Anyway, I think the 2019 off-season will be different because he is/has established the team's identity this season. Regardless of our ending record (which I now think will be around 8 wins), this team's identity will be established on:

Offense: Luck, Hilton, Doyle, Ebron, AC, Nelson, Kelly, Smith, Hines and Wilkins.

Defense: Hunt (assuming he is re-signed), Sheard, Turay, Leonard, Walker, Hooker (I am not sold on any of the CBs as a long term solution).

I expect us to add at least a couple of higher priced free agents (CB and WR especially) this season to help fill in the holes. If Ballard sits on his pile of money again, I will be very surprised.

Walk Worthy,
We inquired, that's all I'm saying we did. I know we looked into Bouye bc my buddy's sister works for the Colts and she said they were talking to his agent. But it didn't go anywhere. Pags was a lame duck, Luck's future was up in the air, the big FA's were not interested. And I don't know if Ballard wanted to spend a ton bc things were going to change. Some of those tweets and things are just put out by speculative articles for landing destinations. But some are leaked by the agents, the ones where they say interested teams but not linked to an article.

But like I said it doesn't really matter. I'm sure we inquire about a lot of guys, and it doesn't go much beyond that.