ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-14-2020, 09:16 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Almost everything is dependent upon whether or not we need a left tackle. If we need a left tackle due to an early retirement you trade up and go get one. Because it doesn’t matter who will be playing quarterback if you get steamrolled every dog on time he goes back to throw.

If Costanzo decides to stay then you trade up if the quarterback that you want is still there within reach in the first six pics.

If the quarterback you really wanted goes really early, can you trade up so that you can get the best pass rusher in the draft who still available.

The Colts have a lot of pics and they have a lot of leverage to go get whoever they want. And I know this may sound crazy but if Drew Brees is hanging around he might want to come back to Indiana I’m not saying I’m just saying
You do know that you can swear on this forum...right?
Old 02-14-2020, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
What the fuck when did that change? MODS... do somthing
Old 02-14-2020, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
No shit? When did that start? LOL
Old 02-14-2020, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
I could be wrong, but I like Herbert too...
Not sold on him at 13. Not sold on any of them. Next yr is going to be a good QB yr Way better than this oneIMO Its almost like the Q deal. Build the trenches and get the Q of the Dline
Old 02-14-2020, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Not sold on him at 13. Not sold on any of them. Next yr is going to be a good QB yr Way better than this oneIMO Its almost like the Q deal. Build the trenches and get the Q of the Dline
After Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) and Justin Fields (Ohio State) who should both go in top 4 who is a potential franchise QB? Off top of my head these are the only two. Doubt we are drafting that early. I like Kinlaw too, but Herbert IMO would be the better pick, if not sold on Brissett who is in last year of contract I believe.

Herbert has all the physical attributes to check all the boxes for what NFL teams are looking for in a franchise quarterback. Shows consistency with both accuracy and velocity on passes. Has shown the ability to stretch the field vertically and also fit passes into tight windows. Ball placement is ideal. Knows when to put passes high, when to put them low, when to lead receivers away from contact, etc. Has good mobility and can maintain passing integrity with arm strength and accuracy when on the run.

Rather have him than Brady or Rivers as short term band aids?
Old 02-15-2020, 12:32 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
After Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) and Justin Fields (Ohio State) who should both go in top 4 who is a potential franchise QB? Off top of my head these are the only two. Doubt we are drafting that early. I like Kinlaw too, but Herbert IMO would be the better pick, if not sold on Brissett who is in last year of contract I believe.

Herbert has all the physical attributes to check all the boxes for what NFL teams are looking for in a franchise quarterback. Shows consistency with both accuracy and velocity on passes. Has shown the ability to stretch the field vertically and also fit passes into tight windows. Ball placement is ideal. Knows when to put passes high, when to put them low, when to lead receivers away from contact, etc. Has good mobility and can maintain passing integrity with arm strength and accuracy when on the run.

What about Bridgewater? He looked like he was well on his way to becoming a franchise QB before a devastating knee injury with the Vikings, he filled in admirably for Brees this past year, and he's only 27. I like him more than any QB the Colts can access in this draft without mortgaging their future completely, and I think the Colts are a playoff team with him at QB before the draft or other free agent acquisitions.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:

The kid that is transferring to Georgia is gonna surprise people I think, the first surprise is I can't think of his name right now.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:39 PM
Administrator

more surprises, I found him.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...2/#141914402_1

.https://youtu.be/-oM7HDqvOtg
Old 02-15-2020, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
What about Bridgewater? He looked like he was well on his way to becoming a franchise QB before a devastating knee injury with the Vikings, he filled in admirably for Brees this past year, and he's only 27. I like him more than any QB the Colts can access in this draft without mortgaging their future completely, and I think the Colts are a playoff team with him at QB before the draft or other free agent acquisitions.
I don't see the Saints letting him walk. If Brees does stay will only be year or two at most. But yes Bridgewater has looked decent filling in. So did Brissett for a stint. Who knows probably end up with Rivers for 2 years and back in QB market again?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2020, 04:53 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
I don't see the Saints letting him walk. If Brees does stay will only be year or two at most.

This tweet is a few weeks old, but Sean Payton made some remarks in which he didn't think it would be possible for the Saints to bring back all three QB's next season......

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/sta...47543694413824

Quote:
Most interesting thing I've heard from Payton so far today is he thinks it's "unrealistic" to be able to bring back Brees, Bridgewater and Hill... I don't know if that means he expects Teddy to cost starter $$, though. Wonder what they'd do if he's available at $10M or less again